Kelpie's Diary

"only"?? Hey Kelpie - you'll be in the 170s by December at that rate. Creep on down and then you'll stay there! You are doing good.

Well done. You'll be there in no time!

"only"?? Hey Kelpie - you'll be in the 170s by December at that rate. Creep on down and then you'll stay there! You are doing good.

Oh gee, if I'm not in the 150s by December expect to see me sprinting round the whole country....! Totally know what you mean, though, down is down. VLCD gets you spoiled on the initial pace.

Hope everyone has a grand weekend planned.

181.4 this morning.
Two bars and a shake yesterday, and 16k walking steps. Much better hydration and about an hour more sleep... Helps so much when I can manage it.

Tried on clothes last night and there are a couple of pairs of size 12 jeans I can do up and walk around in. Wouldn't go out all day in them, but they're getting closer.

I bought "goal leggings". They are..... miniscule. But I need something to strive for. Size 14 looked miniscule when I held it up against myself 3 months ago, so this CAN be done.

Fantastic! 2 more pounds and youre in the 170s. Youll be there in no time at all! Brilliant :) sleep is so necessary and helps with losses more than i ever thought. Happy you got some rest in there given how busy you are!

179.8lb this morning.
Aka "stop whining, Kelpie, and trust the process." 😂

Going for a run this evening, then back to lifting this week. My stomach is quite loose, which is unsurprising, so I could do with putting more muscle under the skin. For all that I was freaking out and emergency googling surgeons a few weeks ago, my boobs are shrinking in a less scary way now. I have finally gone down a cup size (3-4 inches off the band... I really need to go and get fitted but bras are so expensive and sports bras work fine).

Going to see a friend I haven't seen since near the beginning on Tuesday and really looking forward to it. She is the type of woman who will just say YES, QUEEN! as she is so comfortable in her gorgeous self and knows how much I want this.

Discovered the secret to running. It's listening to Iron Maiden as you go. I didn't do my little loop any faster but I felt like I was flying...

15k steps including 3.5 run (to the hills).
A shake, two bars and c.200 cal tuna and cheese.

I'm going to weigh tomorrow because I keep a note in my diary Monday to Sunday, but after that I solemnly promise that I will not go on the scale again until Friday weigh in for this diary. It's making me think I'm not making progress, and I am.

Friday will be the end of 3 months in this powdery chocolate hell, haha. I don't even mind anymore. Mmmm shoes. (not the END end though... Got to keep on trucking)

Another 2 1/2lbs down and you'll have shed 1/5 of yr body. This week or next.....go, Kelpie!

Fantastic, well done, scraping away at those pounds! Ah, I remember i used to listen to Tool when running.. some time ago. I kinda almost want to do that again....:D you triggered me some good memories :)

Another 2 1/2lbs down and you'll have shed 1/5 of yr body. This week or next.....go, Kelpie!

Oh wow, what a thought! That's like... A leg 😂

So, last time on the scales this morning for 179.2. I will be twitching when I get up tomorrow but that's fine. I can do it.

16k steps today including 2.5 mini run.
Had a really good chat with a colleague about goals and fitness and stuff. Male colleague, takes his body very seriously. It's a total relief to just talk dropping weight and re-shaping a body without feeling you might be upsetting someone or worrying that someone's about to say something prickly.

So grateful for this forum and random gym bro co-worker. Still wouldn't dare tell most people what I'm up to.

Still wouldn't dare tell most people what I'm up to.
I hear you! I think that it's often better to do stealth shedding - I don't want to have discussions with people about it. It's my body. My decision. I don't JADE - justify, argue, defend or explain. I simply request what I need (ice, low carb veggies and salad, olive oil). Without embarrassment. With the expectation that I'll get it. No discussion. I don't JADE!

I hear you! I think that it's often better to do stealth shedding - I don't want to have discussions with people about it. It's my body. My decision. I don't JADE - justify, argue, defend or explain. I simply request what I need (ice, low carb veggies and salad, olive oil). Without embarrassment. With the expectation that I'll get it. No discussion. I don't JADE!

I really like this acronym and am so glad you told us about it.

Week is going alright. 22k steps on Tuesday, 15k steps yesterday. Waiting in today for the delivery man to bring my new weights bench (eek) then I'll go for a run. Hoping I and Bruce Dickenson can convince me to push to 5k today.

Both days have had three products and around 200 cal of cheese and ham, although I've been starving hungry. Know it is my body trying to get its beloved fat back. Not giving in.

Meeting up with my old gal pal was lovely, and she's going to take me charity shop plundering, because she doesn't approve of my fast fashion habit. Which is very ethical, but YOU try going through one or more jeans sizes a month....lol.

Going to get the tape measure out tomorrow but know my waist isn't budging. My thigh measurement will be down though, so I'll just be happy with that. Excited for the scale... quite nervous. Have only done three days without. Rather silly.

I have been charity shop jean shopping - which is why I have jeans 16-22 in my case - and the 22s don't fit yet! £3.50 each - some BNWT - so what's not to like! i also have next jeans (usually £45) "lift and shape" from Choice their outlet shop - at around £11. The 20 doesn't fit yet!

I have been charity shop jean shopping - which is why I have jeans 16-22 in my case - and the 22s don't fit yet! £3.50 each - some BNWT - so what's not to like! i also have next jeans (usually £45) "lift and shape" from Choice their outlet shop - at around £11. The 20 doesn't fit yet!

It's great to have a range to work through, though! I'm looking forward to the charity shopping a lot.

Weigh-in this morning was at 177.8lb, giving me a 4.8lb loss for the week. That's the best I've had since week 1, and a nice boost.

Started 15th June, so that's three months now.

Did complete my 5k run yesterday, and had 22k steps overall. Hit an absolute wall in the evening and had to make a little omelet. Which was ridiculously delicious. But yeah, I couldn't string sentences together and I felt appalling. Starting to plan what's next in terms of leaving powdered protein behind and eating actual food, but I want to hit the top of the healthy BMI bracket first.

Mini goal of 171 by 30th Sept is looking possible, then 4lb after that will get me to 24.9 bmi.

Fantastic, well done! Your bmi is improving so quickly and hurray on the runs! Yeah i know that appalling feeling - time to up your cals a bit maybe? Not going shopping for a while - too many clothes ive not worn in ages and ive got a one-in-one-out policy...doesnt work 100%, but say 80% of the time. Had to keep my wardrobe limited while moving around so that was useful for me then...

Last edited:
Fantastic, well done! Your bmi is improving so quickly and hurray on the runs! Yeah i know that appalling feeling - time to up your cals a bit maybe? Not going shopping for a while - too many clothes ive not worn in ages and ive got a one-in-one-out policy...doesnt work 100%, but say 80% of the time. Had to keep my wardrobe limited while moving around so that was useful for me then...

Thank you! Yup, definitely increasing calories on running days. Down again this morning so the omelet didn't do any harm. I have a holiday in mid-October and that's when I'll do my research about a proper keto diet and start switching over.

My new non-scale "victory"... Having bony enough ankles that I nick them every time I shave...... genius.

I found a super easy/simple app that has some pointers and food ideas for keto - its called Keto for Beginners. Quite a handy little primer to have on the phone

I like www.dietdoctor.com - awesome meat pie recipe. I bought almond flour etc from amazon.

I like www.dietdoctor.com - awesome meat pie recipe. I bought almond flour etc from amazon.

Oh, that looks amazing. I love the recipes on diet Doctor but I WILL have to calorie count when I switch to food, regardless of what some keto people advise, and some of their recipes are best for one meal a day/in between fasting, I think. That one is bang on though. Going to be making that... I liked ruled.me for recipes too.

Having another week of just weighing at beginning and end. Been away from the house for two days so that's easy, haha.

Team, my life is a glorious explosion... I don't want to go into detail as it's all a bit identifying if certain people were to read, but in short I need to find somewhere else to live and a long-term relationship is no more. I'm a tough cookie with a stellar support system, but it's still zero fun. Have not wanted to eat my feelings yet. Am proud. But aaaaahh. So help me keep on the straight and narrow x

Hey you,

Sorry to hear about the glorious explosion.

I went through similar at the beginning of the year, you will get through it and like you say you have the support system you need.

Dxxx

Back