KETOSIS?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by newcastlechick, 21 May 2009 Social URL.

1. newcastlechick

newcastlechick Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(24.31%)
    Diet:
    was on Cambridge diet NOW Weight watchers
    Hi there
    Just a quick one, my cdc put some ketosis sticks in with my shakes. Ive never used them before and im obviously in ketosis as im lossing the weight. What i was wondering is if i did use them how do you know whats going on? there was no grid in with them and i assume they change colour but what does the colours refer to??
    Not sure im going to use them but thought i'd find out what the score is with them
    ta folks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Any shade of pink means you are in ketosis :clap:

Beige is a negative, but you can still be in ketosis on beige (I always was...never had a 'pink' result..but was in ketosis):rolleyes:

If the pink is very dark, it could mean you are dehydrated, so just check your water intake.

BTW, losing weight doesn't mean you are in ketosis, but ketosis does make the diet more possible by quelling hunger, cravings etc:cool:

4. Lexie_dog

Lexie_dog UNLEASHING THE BEAST!

Start Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(1.57%)
    Diet:
    SW, minimal bread!
    [​IMG]

might be slightly off depending on colour of your monitor etc, but as KD says dont rely on them. You stick to the CD theres no way you wont lose weight on it.

5. bmthsue

bmthsue Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6.5lb(18.58%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Can you use the ketostix at any time of day or do you have to use them in the morning?

6. SteveM

SteveM Silver Member

You can, theoretically, use them anytime you go for a pee, but remember that they measure the concentration of ketones in the urine. This means that first thing in the morning when you have not had a drink for a few hours the reading will be much higher (darker) than if you test, say, in the middle of the afternoon after you have downed 3 litres of water.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.