Ketostix

Discussion in 'Exante' started by fortune_cookie, 23 April 2011 Social URL.

1. fortune_cookie

fortune_cookie Night Hawk

Start Weight:
    60kg
    Current Weight:
    59kg
    Goal Weight:
    55kg
    Lost(%):
    1kg(1.66%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I was wondering, since everybody is saying how unreliable the ketostix are.. Do we all speak about the same thing? Because I have KetostiX from Bayer, looking like the picture, bought from Amazon with £2.49, 50 sticks. And they have been always extremely accurate, showed ketosis when I am on this diet, I tried it on other family members and it was negative, and tried it again on me now when I am having a break, and turned negative. Not one false result.. Are these the same ketostix everyone is talking about?

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  4. fortune_cookie

Start Weight:
    60kg
    Current Weight:
    59kg
    Goal Weight:
    55kg
    Lost(%):
    1kg(1.66%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Amazing... :eek:

Thanks.

5. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Theyre not always wrong lol But they are well known for being inaccurate - mostly with false negatives, a lor of people never show in ketosis on the sticks but clearly are :)

6. fortune_cookie

Start Weight:
    60kg
    Current Weight:
    59kg
    Goal Weight:
    55kg
    Lost(%):
    1kg(1.66%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    No, I realize that, is just that they seemed to me like one of the most reliable test strips I've seen (compared to ovulation, pregnancy etc). So I convinced myself that perhaps there is some other brand you're talking about (remembering also the topic about cutting one in FIVE which seems impossible for these strips).

Anyway, I used them more for the fun of it, it's not like the result will change anything in what I do..

7. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    At least you have the right attitude for them, Ive seen so many posts with people absolutely panicing because theyre not showing pink anymore

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.