Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Kettleworx - which DVD's??

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by LisaC, 28 September 2011 Social URL.

1. LisaC

LisaC Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Would you recommend? I'm debating whether to buy the £60 package or pay the full £80 & get all the DVD's with the 5kg kettlebell. I want to know if the extra 4 DVD's you get with the bigger package are worth the money.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Donzy84

Donzy84 Back to basics

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(20.99%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hi Lisa check out "secret to shaping up" thread.

I got the one off amazon with the two bonus DVDs haven't used the extra DVDs though, if u go for the one with the bell I'd make sure it's a 5kg oneabd not 5lb one x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

4. LisaC

LisaC Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)

Hi Donzy thanks for your reply.

I'd had a look at that thread (in fact I've read the entire thread!) & thats what made me look into the Kettleworx packages.

I actually ordered one last week so just waiting for it to arrive so I can get on & see what the fuss is about ;)

I ordered the bigger package & upgraded to the 10lb bell which I think it 4.5kg so hopefully that'll be ok to start with then I'll buy a heavier one.

5. Donzy84

Donzy84 Back to basics

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(20.99%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Yea I started with a 5kg, I lost 10cm off my stomach in 6wks have just restarted with a 7.5kg x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

6. MartinD

MartinD Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st8lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(18.53%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Hi there

I dont use dvd's so cant comment on them, however if you are new to kettlebells take it slow. I recommend really learning the exercises esp compound ones such as snatch etc.., - Youtube will help, Steve Cotter shows some of the best way to hold the weight on youtube - and getting someone to check your form. Some of the exercises require specific movement/swinging a weight above your head stuff, and if done wrong even a 4.5kg weight can cause an injury. Is there a class near you that you can attend?

Having said that if weight loss is your goal kettlebells in a focsued session work a treat so good luck. You dont need to spend ages with them - 20-30mins a session x 3 times a week gets your body pumping the right sort of hormones and increasing your base metabolic rate to burn more fat.

Hope they work for you should be a great ivnestment

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.