Kez's struggles and troubles! 17th June Restart!

Oh dear, what an emotional day! I was buzzing with motivation to make a change this morning, I tried and fell at the first hurdle (no docs appointment till Friday), finally plucked up the courage to call the CDC and booked an appointment for tonight, now found out as my BMI is 44 I wont be able to start until I have my doctors signature. Have read other peoples experience of how rude and ignorant the GP's can be and I worried mine will be the same?!

So today has been up, down, up, down mixed with constant churning butterflies about tonight! Then to top it all off, I text my partner to tell him I was ging to see acouncellor and a brief descrip of what its about and he never replied. So I just called him expecting him to be furious. He's the kind of person who believes less calories more exercise is the only way (which it is) but he has no idea of the mental issues that go with it and how hard it is to do that when you have self esteem issues, you binge, carb addiction...etc,etc. He had an issue for years with alchohol and struggles to stay on the wagon, but he will not accept that my distructive relationship with food is the same as his with alchohol.

Anyway, when I plucked up the courage to phone him he was really sweet about it! He told me that it wouldn't solve my issues with food. I said I realised that, but this way that option of food is taken away from me and it gives me chance to learn to address my issues with it. He was actually very sweet about it and had me in floods of tears. He said as long as you are happy at the end of it.

I just know I am going to be in floods of tears tonight with the councellor.

hiya

i would also say either do a lower plan of CD which you can do on an 44bmi or jump onto atkins until you get your form signed.

Hi All! Well I went to my meeting and my CDC is lovely. A tiny woman of 5'1, I'm only 5'4, but with my heels on I towered above her!

It wasn't as scary as I thought it would be (I knew it wouldn't be really). We went through what it was all about, I was quite clued up already which made her life easier.

She has put me on the the SS+, so no need to get permission from my doctor! Phew! Going to cancel my appointment tomorrow. I will be having 4 sachets and 200ml skimmed milk. She said because I am a bit of a carb junkie that the 4 sachets will help me overcome the carb withdrawals better and will make the first week easier as I can save a shake for bedtime and have a hot chocolate and bath and go to bed feeling like I've got something in my belly!

I also got some water flavouring, I know you aren't meant to have it till the 3rd week, but there is no way I can cope with all this AND drink plain water! lol

Besides she said almost all of her people start off using it straight away and it hasn't hindered anyone up until now, if there are following the plan as they should.

Got a bit of everything with the soups and shakes, the only thing I didn't get was the original porridge! I need to try it to know if I will like it or not?!

Haha, the summer berry water flavouring is really nice, I've only put a quarter teaspoon into a jug of water and I can smell it in the living room from the kitchen! Sweetner ahoy eh? Smells like candyfloss or something?

x

Oh yeah, and I didn't cry! And my starting weight was 18st 5lbs. Nite x

great news. i hope the weight melts off you fast and you feel the buzz soon.

i've got my 2nd weigh in tonight. started last tuesday, again after putting on whilst pg. i think i've dropped around 11lbs and i had just under 3 stone to loose.

Excellent! Well good luck for your weigh in. I have woken up this morning feeling like a bus has hit me. My throat hurts and I have someone drumming in my head! My partner has been ill for a few days and it looks like it's my turn to get it. Hopefully it passes!

I have my water made up in bottles on my desk and am about to tuck into my first coffee! Have got porridge for my mid morning breakfast (I can't eat first thing, bleurgh!) Then a leek & potato soup for dinner and have brought a butterscotch shake along with me in case I get desperate. Mind you I don't think I fancy mixing that up without a proper blender?

Well......just had my first sachet and I'm really not sure what I think?!

I had the apple & cinnamon porridge. I think I might have made it a little bit watery, the jug I had started on 200ml, 140ml was a bit of a guess! lol. Umm....I don't think it so much the taste that is the problem, rather the texture? I think I stirred it well, there were lumps in it, which when you bite into you expect to be oats, but they aren't they are slimy. I wanted to cook it for longer to thicken it up a bit, but was worried if you over do it, it will upset the nutritional content? A minute didnt seem long enough, it was warm, but not piping hot and went cold quickly, so I ended up eating it cold by the bottom of the bowl which wasn't great.

Im finding it hard to keep drinking the water at the minute, you can tell the flavouring is just sweetener. It reminds me of lemsips and the aftertaste you get with them?

Mind you, I am feeling pretty rough and therefore very sorry for myself anyway! haha. At this rate I might work from home the next couple of days and get the worst of it over and done with in peace and quiet?!

Hey well done for starting, glad ur doctors situation is sorted!
Hang on in there im joining you on thurs! ;)

Well, close of plan Day 1...and I have survived! Woop woop!

Had a butterscotch shake when I got in, which was quite nice. Very, very sweet. Took my time drinking it, couldn't have drunk it in one go. Then had a choc mint one later in the evening, which wasn't as nice as I thought it would be. I tasted quite powdery compared to the butterscotch? Not bad though, def on the edible list. Haven't had anything too bad so far.

i am just finishing off my 4th pint, I'm not a big drinker anyway so 4 pints has been a bit of a chore. Everyone says how the more the better with the water, but my CDC says that it doesnt make any difference. As long as you are drinking enough to flush through the ketones. Is this right? I guess with my 4 sachets and the 3 coffee's I had today I've drunk about 3 and a half litres? Have been weeing plenty but not as much as I expected, I guess cause I dont drink much normally I'm probably soaking most of it up for the minute.

Right, off to have a bath and to bed! Nite x

Day 2 - I am still feeling rough, though I dont think it is from the diet, I think it is from the lurgie I have picked up. I feel weak and a bit headachy so maybe it is partially the diet?

I had a vegetable soup this morning, which I mixed in the blender which made it foamy...which wasnt so nice. Am feeling hungry so looking forward to a shake in a hour or so.

I weighed this morning and I am down 5lbs from my initial weigh in.

Yay! Well done :D

Oh man...I don't know whether it is the bug or the diet, but I am feeling rougher than I ever thought I would?! I feel weak and cold and have the worst headache ever. I am cooking H2B's tea and to be honest I feel so rough that I don't even want any. I am forcing down a banana shake, which I really don't want and that is shake 3 out of 4. It's 8pm and I'm meant to be having another one today?! Mind you, I've been dozing on the sofa all day, so I'm sure I won't be going to bed anytime soon.

I hope to god this passes soon, I'm no wimp and I plod along no matter how poorly I feel, but this is all new to me. I can't stick the weak, shivery feeling. I feel so helpless and shaky. My breath honks and the shakes leave a gakky feeling in my mouth, I'm sure I can't be going into ketosis yet though, I've only been on it 48hrs?

All I'm looking forward to is waking up tomorrow and weighing!

i would say try more water in your shakes. i don't like the banana one though. i'll only tollerate choc and choc mint from the sweet ones.

keep your eye out for feeling so cold that it is unbelievable, you are always a little colder when you're in ketosis. for the first 4 days i couldn't get warm.

Hey your doing really well, keep at it im sure the bad bit is almost over!
Just imagine that first weigh in, and layer up lol!!

Day 3! Well I am soo soo pleased so say I am feeling much better. Still not quite right, but def on the mend (fingers crossed). I stayed off work for another day, but had to just go into town to bank my partners wages. So I popped into Boots and picked up some Ketostix, I didn't think I would be yet, but just did one and I am! Yay!

Not sure what they represent though? Is the darker the better or the darker the worse? I know I should be in ketosis, but if it's too dark does that mean I'm not drinking enough?! Think I might have to go have a look around Google.

I weighed this morning and I am down 8lbs from my weigh in at home. But my scales were way out compared to my CDC's and Im not entirely sure how reliable they are? So I'm keeping a broad mind. They show 18st 1.5lbs, so I hoping tomorrow I may see them reading 17st something for the first time this year!

So, on the whole, I am still not feeling 100% but def on a whole new plane than yesterday. Woop woop! haha

When it's too dark it means you're not drinking enough. It should be a lightpinkish colour I believe. So just make sure you drink your water and congrats on reaching ketosis. It will get much easier now.

Hey,

Don't worry about what your work colleagues think. You can say the shake is a Slim Fast or have a soup and say you didn't fancy bread as you're trying to cut down on carbs. If they make any comment, just remind them that it's your health and you'd have thought they'd be supportive - they'll soon shut up.

I really struggled with the water in the first case but I'm starting to drink the right amount. With the porridge, I mix it with a little water to get the big lumps out, then add a little more water and mix again and keep going until you've got the required water in. I tend to use a little more than the packet says otherwise it's really thick. When you microwave it, I stir mine half way through and then let it rest for a min afterwards to thicken and it's lovely. Hope you manage to get the hang of it.

My CDC sells portable mixers for £6.50 which are fab, they come in a carry case you can just pop in your bag. I find that easier than using tetras as they are more expensive and there's less of them and I like to make my shake qith quite a bit of water so it lasts longer!

Hope the weight drops off quickly for you

x

Hi all!

I have my first meeting with a CD counsellor tomorrow. I'm really scared. I have also made an appointment with my doctor. Will I be able to get written permission before I see my counsellor or not do you know? The appointment with the doctor is first! Doh!

Also, I'm from Cornwall too so it's great to see some other Cornish dieters!

Last edited:
Hi all!

I have my first meeting with a CD counsellor tomorrow. I'm really scared. I have also made an appointment with my doctor. Will I be able to get written permission before I see my counsellor or not do you know? The appointment with the doctor is first! Doh!

Also, I'm from Cornwall too so it's great to see some other Cornish dieters!

good luck with meeting your counsellor! you'll be fine. it's the first step :D

Back