Kez's struggles and troubles! 17th June Restart!

hey cornishkez

you are doing amazingly. keep it up.

a few tips regarding porridge, soup and shakes.

porridge - mix it with a little water first then keep adding a little at a time until it's all mixed in. cook it, stir it, leave it to stand then it should thicken a bit more and you can add water as you like after that. i like my apple and cinnamon quite watery though.

soup - with the soup if you add a little cold water first and mix with a spoon and then keep adding hot (or just off boiling point) water bit by bit until it's all mixed in. i don't like the blender as it makes the soup a little colder and as you said frothy. the tomato one gets really frothy that way and it totally nasty.

shakes - i wouldn't even attempt one unless you have a hand blender thing or the shake mixer thing from your CDC as again it'll go lumpy and powdery.

hope today is keeping you well and you are doing well.

to get more water into your diet why not add more to your sweet shakes. you need to be drinking the 4 pints and can't count your shakes as water content - only the extra that you add to it. so for me i find it easier to drink a pint before each shake as the shake is something nice to look forward to after you've drank that pint, some more water in the shake, more water in between the shakes and coffee. this really helps me get my water content down. i also drink water during the night as i'm always thirsty. i used to drink juice dilute before CD but when i started CD last time round i went onto water and that's stayed even when i got pregnant and breastfeeding and wasn't doing CD. a really good habit to have really. :D

Thanks for the kind words....but I've let myself down. Yesterday I didn't drink enough water and I only had 2 shakes, I made 4 but 2 got chucked down the sink as I am really struggling to keep them down and to not barf!

Then today, I have completely disgraced myself. I ate a Marks & Sparks Lemon Risotto Slice. The day started well and I had a vanilla shake this morning (even though it took me an hour to drink it) and by midday I had drunk 2 pints. I was in town with a friend and I've had a M&S voucher in my wallet for ages so while I was there thought I'd use it.

I was supposed to be starting chalet cleaning on a saturday to fund the diet, but they dont need me for another 5 weeks now. So my partner has said he will pay for the diet until then. So say thanks I got him one of those £10 meal for two deals they do. Part of the deal was a 2 pack of the slices and I could not get them out of my head for love nor money all afternoon, then when I got home I gave in.

The stupidest part is, that after the first bite...which was lush! Guilt and reason kicked straight in and I didn't want the rest, but because I couldnt put it back in the pack (as H2B would then know what I'd done) I ate the rest.

Within about 5 minutes I had a headache from the sugar rush and my stomach started gurgling. I've know had to dash to the toilet twice! And I have the worst stomach cramps....serves me right really doesn't it?!

So I figured, now I've had plenty of calories, carbs etc that I'm not going to have anything else to eat today. I don't know what damage it will have done to the ketosis process?

Can't believe I did it?! I deserve to be fat, carrying on like that!

Hey u, stop beating urself up.... its only a problem if u havnt learnt from it-u say u have had a bad stomach and u feel bad so use those reasons not to do it again!
u also sound like financially ur in the same situation as me, its not the cheapest option of losing weight, but it is quick- we need to make the most of the oppurtinity and be strong...... come on u can do this!!;)

how are you doing today?

Hey Emma, I'm back on track today. I was excited to see that I had lost again this morning. So hopefully if I am good as gold before weigh in I can maintain what I have lost so far. I'm going to do a ketostix later to make sure I am still in ketosis.

Back to drinking lots of water, I've slacked the last couple of days. Been drinking the bare minimum.

How are you getting on?

Well I have just been for a nice walk with the woofies, 4 miles brisk walk round the aerodrome. Was worried I might feel a bit weak or something, seeing as with 2 shakes in me, I've only taken in 276 kcals today. But I wasn't, in fact apart from my feet aching a bit now I'm all good. Isn't this ketosis thing great? Oh, I just did a ketostik and I am still there!

make sure you are drinking lots of water it will stop the sick feeling and stop you from wanting to nosh on things. you can do this diet. make sure that you do take all of your shakes as you need the nutritional value in it. so even if you have a blip you need your shakes.

when's your next weigh in? maybe get some water flavouring and some mix a mousse and make a nice jelly. i found this a real help last time.

Hey, my first weigh in is tomorrow after work. Can't wait! Because I haven't been eating the 4 shakes a day, only the 3 I have a fair few extra which means next week won't be so dear!

I have already got water flavourer and I was planning on getting some mix a mouse for variety. There are only a couple of soups I like, and only a few shakes, so it's make a bit of difference. How do you make the jelly?

17st 11.3lbs on my scales this morning. So that's 12lbs down by my scales. If I go to weigh in tomorrow and I am down 12lbs I will be so made up!

woo hoo!! good luck for tomorrow

so excited about your weigh in tomorrow. good luck. :D

Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!

I weighed this evening to check that I was still where I should be, I'd been good all day. Had my 3 shakes and all my water and I'd put on 2lbs?! How??? Every day until today I'd even stayed the same or lost during the day. So feeling completely gutted I went and ate and apple pie! At the minute, I don't care. I've had enough of this diet! Boohoo.

Need to get tomorrow out the way and hopefully speaking to my CDC will perk me up to carry on. My goal is to get from the 18st 5lbs I weighed at my initial weigh in, to 17st 13lbs which is my previous heaviest weight ever! Obviously more would be better, but 6lbs would be a good start.

hun, you shouldn't have had the apple pie. the extra weight was probably water and would have dropped off overnight. sometimes i get on the scales of a night and i'm around 7 to 8lbs heavier than i was in the morning and when i get up these lbs are gone. you need to want to do this and i would say not popping on the scales might be your answer. i think the scales are depressing you and then you're stressing about your weight loss. you did all the hard work getting into ketosis, which for me, is the hardest part then it's all pretty much plain sailing. just will power not to nosh on things and that's really hard.

I know! (Hangs head in shame)....

I am more positive today. I am looking forward to weighing in and moving onto a fresh week and clean slate. I weighed this morning and I got 3 different weights int he space of 5 minutes, so I am not going to use my scales now. I can't trust them! lol

I went on my wii fit this morning and logged my weight on that, I'll do the same tonight so even if it doesn't match to the weight on my CDC's scales, at least it will track what I've lost accurately.

I did 40 mins on my Just Dance game. I love it! Got a few new highest scores. In my spare room, I'm the greatest dancer ever!!!! I could take on Cheryl Cole....not sure how I'd fare outside my spare room though..haha!

Is it sad that I excited about being able to update my ticker! lol

i loove reading your diary!! im excited now for your wi! im on day 11 it is soo hard and i dont find that ketosis stops me feeling hungry? i lost 9 lbs in first week and i noticed were around the same weight. i started 18 st 4 lbs so only a lb difference! good luck today plzz let us know how you get on :)) xx

Hi Franbella, thanks! It's good to have somewhere to vent and confess. 9lbs is amazing. Have you managed to keep it off this week? I worry with such a big lose in the first week that I'll suffer in the second. The second week will be hell if I can't see the scales dropping and making it worthwhile!

Did you behave yourself in week 1? Are you behaving yourself now? lol. I am finding that I'm not hungry at all, which means I don't want my beastly shakes and soups. But when I am cooking my partner tea I crave for his food. Not cause I'm hungry, but because it smells so good!!!!!

Can't wait until tonight. Going there straight from work, so hopefully this evening will have good news to report! Have already had a shake and a porridge today and 2 pints of water. Will have another 2 pints before 3pm then will stop...so I can finish processing and peeing before weigh in. I don't want to be 2-3 lbs heavier because Im full of water do I? x

Week 1 - 8lbs down. Bit dissapointed, in my head I had set out for 10lbs for week 1. Even though I know 8lbs is a great start. I'm setting my target for next week to 6lbs....I'm going for the stone peeps!!!!

Exchanged all the yucky shakes and soups for nice ones and got myself some mix a mousse.

kez thats a wonderful weight loss! dont be disappointed i would say its about average for first week.you should be proud of yourself hunny.regarding your earlier post ive stuck to it 100 % this week weighed today and seem to be 5 lbs down but am becoming obsessed with weighing and its doing my head in!!! im urging the days to just fly by until my 2nd wi thurs! im bit worried that il have a rubbish loss this week just got a hunch :( .anyway crack on with your stone im sure youl do it hunny xx

Hey Fran, thanks. I lost 6lbs the week before I started CD, so I guess it was a good lose really. I hadn't been including that, so now I am. Have updated my ticket and signature.

So seeing as I've reached my 1st stone, my next target is to be 16 stone something. 16 st 13.5lbs will do me! lol

I'm sure you will have a good weight loss. If your seeming to be 5lbs down now, as long as you stay 100% there is no reason why you wont maintain that or do more!

awesome! youve done a stone! do you feel different? think this diet is fab as if we were doing ww or sw it would have prob taken months! xx

fantastic weight loss hun! :D

mine's tomorrow. :eek:

been trying not to be so scales obsessed this week so not sure how much i've lost altogether. a few days ago it laid at 3 1/2lb so we'll see.

Back