Kim's diary of being a new mum

Re: Kim's pregnancy diary

Yep!! Loads!!! And been getting it since about 7 weeks pregnant! lol It's got so bad, to the point where I wake up in the mornings and it feels as though I've wee'd a bit, or I've bled because there's so much of it!! You're not alone!! xxx

Oh im so pleased it's not just me! Today particularly I've felt like I was bleeding or something with the amount.. especially as ive felt a bit crampy at times too! so worrying going to the loo expecting the worst! But all seems ok :)

Me too!! Got it loads to start with, then it went away for about a week then came back with a vengeance. Feel like I've pee'd myself (tmi!) and also convince myself I'm bleeding when it gets bad. Seems to be yet another of the less fun parts of pregnancy x

Aww i'm so pleased it's not just me suffering :eek: I said to Mike last night that pregnancy really isn't that sexy at all. I had to buy bigger knickers which are just HUGE and soooo unsexy...but oh so comfortable with plenty of room for growth when or if i ever look pregnant not just like a heffer!! ;)

This weekend i got on the scales and the numbers had gone down by 2lbs....mind you i didn't look bloated at all but today they are back to where they have stayed since my BFP so i guess thats better than going up, but i would like to see those numbers go down a little bit if i can. So today i am starting to get strict with myself and food.

16+3 Weeks

Breakfast: Cornflakes with a few rice krispies thrown in (couldn't decide which cereal this morning) with semi skimmed milk and a little bit of sugar
Snack: Orange and a banana
Lunch: Jacket potato, baked beans and a small salad
Snack: Mullerlight greek cherry yogurt and a chewy cereal bar (if i need it)
Dinner: Pasta with a tomato based sauce tonight...nice and easy!

Drinks: water, water and more water! I seem to have gone off most other drinks!

Here's to better eating over the next few weeks and getting more fruit and salad in to my diet!

Aww i'm so pleased it's not just me suffering :eek: I said to Mike last night that pregnancy really isn't that sexy at all. I had to buy bigger knickers which are just HUGE and soooo unsexy...but oh so comfortable with plenty of room for growth when or if i ever look pregnant not just like a heffer!! ;)

This weekend i got on the scales and the numbers had gone down by 2lbs....mind you i didn't look bloated at all but today they are back to where they have stayed since my BFP so i guess thats better than going up, but i would like to see those numbers go down a little bit if i can. So today i am starting to get strict with myself and food.

16+3 Weeks

Breakfast: Cornflakes with a few rice krispies thrown in (couldn't decide which cereal this morning) with semi skimmed milk and a little bit of sugar

Here's to better eating over the next few weeks and getting more fruit and salad in to my diet!

Ahh well done you hun! That's fab!!! :)

And water is definitely a good drink!! :D better than anything else... I just wish I could drink it lol ;) xx

I used to be a bit of a diet coke addict but went off that really quickly, and have never drunk tea or coffee. I normally drink squash or fruit juice but recently water is all i can really stomach, juice makes me feel a bit queasy. I guess bubs likes water...although it does make me need to go for a wee 2-3 times a night which is getting VERY tiring! :rolleyes: Mike told me it's baby's way of getting me back for sitting there constantly poking and prodding my tummy to see if i can feel anything :p

16+3 Weeks

Looks a great day... I'm only a half off what I was when I got my BFP as of this morning too.. Really wana have a good week this week.. We can egg each other on..
Tho in saying that.. You are doing amazingly well to not have gained by now so pat on the back for yourself.. :) x
I used to be a bit of a diet coke addict but went off that really quickly, and have never drunk tea or coffee. I normally drink squash or fruit juice but recently water is all i can really stomach, juice makes me feel a bit queasy. I guess bubs likes water...although it does make me need to go for a wee 2-3 times a night which is getting VERY tiring! :rolleyes: Mike told me it's baby's way of getting me back for sitting there constantly poking and prodding my tummy to see if i can feel anything :p
Ha.. I do that too.. My BF was giving out to me lastnight.. He's freaked that i'll hurt baby... As if I'm like punching myself.. Its me it'll hurt!!! lol
I would actually KILL for a diet coke.. I love it..
But apparently diet drinks are a no no when pregnant as they haven't researched artificial sweeteners enought o know if they'll do any harm... So water is a great choice of drink.. Or fruit teas??

Ha.. I do that too.. My BF was giving out to me lastnight.. He's freaked that i'll hurt baby... As if I'm like punching myself.. Its me it'll hurt!!! lol
I would actually KILL for a diet coke.. I love it..
But apparently diet drinks are a no no when pregnant as they haven't researched artificial sweeteners enought o know if they'll do any harm... So water is a great choice of drink.. Or fruit teas??

Haha yeah Mike is constantly telling me to stop poking but I think because I don't have a bump and can't feel anything yet I'm just trying to reassure myself there is something there iykwim.

Yeah diet drinks aren't great im trying to stay clear of artificial sweetener although the dietician I saw at 11 weeks did sweetener was fine... but I'm not convinced. I have had a couple of full fat Coke's to get rid of headaches and settle my queasy tummy but it's way too sweet! I'm glad to have kicked the diet coke habit as I just tended to have one as it was easy not really because I wanted it! True laziness! :eek:

I'm not really keen on hot drinks so fruit teas don't appeal I'm gonna stick with water and no added sugar squash :D

Ok girls I just read a blog where the mum had a home birth and then kept the placenta (all of it!) Attached to the baby until it naturally detatched. They basically set up a room where they lived for those 4/5 days and they washed the placenta and then covered it in herbs and stuff and kept it in s bowl next to them in bed where they all slept (mum, dad and baby) Ok I get the whole natural birth and having a natural 3rd stage (where they wait for the cord to stop pulsating before clamping and cutting) but keeping the whole organ in a bowl in bed with you....I'm not sure I can get my head around that! :confused: just had to ask if anyone has heard of this before?

Haha yeah Mike is constantly telling me to stop poking but I think because I don't have a bump and can't feel anything yet I'm just trying to reassure myself there is something there iykwim.

Yeah diet drinks aren't great im trying to stay clear of artificial sweetener although the dietician I saw at 11 weeks did sweetener was fine... but I'm not convinced. I have had a couple of full fat Coke's to get rid of headaches and settle my queasy tummy but it's way too sweet! I'm glad to have kicked the diet coke habit as I just tended to have one as it was easy not really because I wanted it! True laziness! :eek:

I'm not really keen on hot drinks so fruit teas don't appeal I'm gonna stick with water and no added sugar squash :D
Yea I'm the same.. Have coke on hand at all times as it really does work for headaches.. But try steer clear if I can.. I've cut out caffeine and don't really like the idea of the amount of it in coke but its better than popping pills...

I know exactly what you mean RE needing reassurance.. I'm the very same...

Ok girls I just read a blog where the mum had a home birth and then kept the placenta (all of it!) Attached to the baby until it naturally detatched. They basically set up a room where they lived for those 4/5 days and they washed the placenta and then covered it in herbs and stuff and kept it in s bowl next to them in bed where they all slept (mum, dad and baby) Ok I get the whole natural birth and having a natural 3rd stage (where they wait for the cord to stop pulsating before clamping and cutting) but keeping the whole organ in a bowl in bed with you....I'm not sure I can get my head around that! :confused: just had to ask if anyone has heard of this before?
Am sorry.. But EW... I get keeping it n planting a tree out the back n that but EW..

I think this is kind of gross the afterbirth isnt the most attractive of stuff I don't really understand the people who cook and eat itbi could think of nothing worse

I'm glad I'm not the only one who found the idea a bit strange! Each to their own I suppose! :D I certainly won't be keeping mine lol.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who found the idea a bit strange! Each to their own I suppose! :D I certainly won't be keeping mine lol.

No I second you on that.. I certainly won't be keeping mine!! Gross

No I second you on that.. I certainly won't be keeping mine!! Gross

No me either lol I don't even want to see mine... just take it away and give me my baby! :) x

16+4 weeks

Well what started out as good food planning went down the drain when I ate my orange and apple mid morning and it made me feel soo sick! Bleurgh! Needless to say I didn't fancy salad at lunch so went to the pub with my sister and ate a BLT sandwich with chips! Hmm it had tomato and Lettuce in it.... that counts right? :D
I then ate a wham bar cos I couldn't resist and that made feel sick :(

So dinner tonight was sausages, sw chips, mixed veg and baked beans courtesy of hubby :D

Is obviously been a sicky day today so maybe baby is having a growth spurt?!

Feeling pretty exhausted tonight so going to have a bath and climb in to bed nice and early! I cannot wait for the tiredness to bugger off!

Sorry to hear you felt sick yesterday hun...you'd think this far along it will go, but occasionally I can have a sicky day still. My stomach is still quite weak and I was sick the other day due to a bad smell lol Hopefully you feel better today :)

Have a good one xxx

Thanks Jess :)

Feeling much better today thank you, but i have avoided bringing fruit in to work so hopefully i will manage my jacket potato and salad for lunch without feeling sick. Yeah i would have expected it to go by now, but i certainly am much better than i was but i too find my stomach is much weaker and i am likely to gag and bad smells more than i would have done previously. I guess we still have those hormones floating around and all the changes taking place much cause your body to be a bit more sensitive. How are you feeling hun?

16+5 Weeks

Todays food:

Breakfast: Cornflakes and rice krispies (my new found passion for breakfast! haha) with semi skimmed milk
Snack: going to stick with a couple of plain biscuits instead of fruit.
Lunch: jacket potato, baked bean and a small salad
Snack: Shape 0% yogurt
Dinner: not sure yet as we have a mortgage appointment tonight so we may end up grabbing something like nandos while we are out, or we may wait until we get home but depends how long the mortgage thing takes.

Hope everyone is having a good day! :)

Thanks Jess :)

Feeling much better today thank you, but i have avoided bringing fruit in to work so hopefully i will manage my jacket potato and salad for lunch without feeling sick. Yeah i would have expected it to go by now, but i certainly am much better than i was but i too find my stomach is much weaker and i am likely to gag and bad smells more than i would have done previously. I guess we still have those hormones floating around and all the changes taking place much cause your body to be a bit more sensitive. How are you feeling hun?

16+5 Weeks

Todays food:

Breakfast: Cornflakes and rice krispies (my new found passion for breakfast! haha) with semi skimmed milk
Snack: going to stick with a couple of plain biscuits instead of fruit.
Lunch: jacket potato, baked bean and a small salad
Snack: Shape 0% yogurt
Dinner: not sure yet as we have a mortgage appointment tonight so we may end up grabbing something like nandos while we are out, or we may wait until we get home but depends how long the mortgage thing takes.

Hope everyone is having a good day! :)
Waahhh... Mortgage meetings are so boring and full of numbers.. But so exciting at the same time... Hope all goes well :)
Yummm Nando's...

Back