Kim's diary of being a new mum

Waahhh... Mortgage meetings are so boring and full of numbers.. But so exciting at the same time... Hope all goes well :)
Yummm Nando's...
Oh yes, not looking forward to the mortgage meeting but if we are going to move we need the mortgage so no choice really!

Hmm yes i am really craving nando's today...i'll see if i can twist mikes arm ;)

Oh yes, not looking forward to the mortgage meeting but if we are going to move we need the mortgage so no choice really!

Hmm yes i am really craving nando's today...i'll see if i can twist mikes arm ;)

Hmmm... have a butterfly chicken.. mild.. corn.. fries.. garlic bread.. corn on the cob... (each side to share... i'm a total pig) washed down with litres of orange :)

Mmmmmmmmmmmm Medium chicken pitta with chips :) and then I'd have lashings of the medium sauce all over my chips :D xx

Hmmm... have a butterfly chicken.. mild.. corn.. fries.. garlic bread.. corn on the cob... (each side to share... i'm a total pig) washed down with litres of orange :)

Haha oooh yum! Lets hope Mike says yes when i suggest it this evening! :D

Re: Kim's pregnancy diary

Haha good plan Frances. I can use the oh god I need to eat or I'm going to be sick thing too.... Mike doesn't do sick! Haha

16+6 weeks

SO glad it's Friday!!!

Yum we did have nandos last night... chicken breast pitta with chips! Nom nom nom. We were with the mortgage guy for 2 hours so when we got out at 7 I was starving and so was Mike so it didn't take much convincing ;)

Well today is my last day of being 16 weeks pregnant and tomorrow I'll be 17 weeks. It somehow does feel like it's going quickly now. Only 3 more weeks until I have my 20 week scan and the half way point! Can't wait! I have a consultant appointment on tuesday (underactive thyroid and high BMI I guess are the reasons behind seeing the consultant) not really sure what to expect so I'm taking my mum with me :D

Food today:

Breakfast: cornflakes and semi skimmed milk
Snack: couple of plain biscuits (they worked well yesterday)
Lunch: beans on toast and a shape yoghurt
Snack: orange and I have a little pot of rice pudding if I need it.
Dinner: we are going out for dinner with a couple of mikes friends so not sure where we are going yet

Hope you all have a great day! X

16+6 weeks

SO glad it's Friday!!!

Yum we did have nandos last night... chicken breast pitta with chips! Nom nom nom. We were with the mortgage guy for 2 hours so when we got out at 7 I was starving and so was Mike so it didn't take much convincing ;)

Well today is my last day of being 16 weeks pregnant and tomorrow I'll be 17 weeks. It somehow does feel like it's going quickly now. Only 3 more weeks until I have my 20 week scan and the half way point! Can't wait! I have a consultant appointment on tuesday (underactive thyroid and high BMI I guess are the reasons behind seeing the consultant) not really sure what to expect so I'm taking my mum with me :D

Food today:

Dinner: we are going out for dinner with a couple of mikes friends so not sure where we are going yet

Bye bye 16 weeks :D
Time really does speed up doesn't it after 12 weeks.. lol Everyone kept saying it but I was like "still 24 hours in a day" but it really does...
Yum to your Nandos.. My BF is going away working tonight for the weekend so I have my niece (who's 9) coming to babysit me and my bestie is coming over for a curry.. Can't wait :)
My thyroid is "slightly off" too so am on meds for it.. Never was til I was TTC and they discovered it.. And am assuming I can stop meds once bubs is here.. Think I've hypothyroid which means over active???
Mad isn't it? Apparently without medication with it being even only slightly off my body could "disguard the pregnancy" as a bug...
How did the mortgage meeting go?? Was that the one where they ask a million and 1 questions about your health n lifestyle n current spending etc?? We were in with the guy ALL afternoon.. I'd taken an hour off work to go.. Obviously had to then ring n tell them "sorry but put it down as a half day!" lol
And yes.. Thank GOD its Friday!!!

Bye bye 16 weeks :D
Time really does speed up doesn't it after 12 weeks.. lol Everyone kept saying it but I was like "still 24 hours in a day" but it really does...
Yum to your Nandos.. My BF is going away working tonight for the weekend so I have my niece (who's 9) coming to babysit me and my bestie is coming over for a curry.. Can't wait :)
My thyroid is "slightly off" too so am on meds for it.. Never was til I was TTC and they discovered it.. And am assuming I can stop meds once bubs is here.. Think I've hypothyroid which means over active???
Mad isn't it? Apparently without medication with it being even only slightly off my body could "disguard the pregnancy" as a bug...
How did the mortgage meeting go?? Was that the one where they ask a million and 1 questions about your health n lifestyle n current spending etc?? We were in with the guy ALL afternoon.. I'd taken an hour off work to go.. Obviously had to then ring n tell them "sorry but put it down as a half day!" lol
And yes.. Thank GOD its Friday!!!

Yeah it definitely feels like it's going quickly now... it was slow right after my scan but I think because it felt a long time to my next scan but now that's 3 weeks away :D well less than (3 October)!

Ah I think hypothyroidism is underactive hyperthyroidism is over active. It may revert back but you may end up taking thyroxine (assuming that's what you take?) after baby is born too. It's scary how it can affect pregnancy, mine was apparently "out" at my booking bloods so hoping the consultant will sort that and adjust meds... apparently pregnancy can change your levels quite dramatically so they have to keep an eye on it.

Mortgage meeting went well application done although I was rejected for critical illness cover (??!) God knows why so I have to look elsewhere so I know we are covered. Apart from that it was lots of reading and signing our life away for 200,000 (eek!). Thankfully we had already done the numbers thing in a previous appointment and yeah it goes on a bit! So application all done so just waiting to see now and hope they accept it! :D

Yeah it definitely feels like it's going quickly now... it was slow right after my scan but I think because it felt a long time to my next scan but now that's 3 weeks away :D well less than (3 October)!

Ah I think hypothyroidism is underactive hyperthyroidism is over active. It may revert back but you may end up taking thyroxine (assuming that's what you take?) after baby is born too. It's scary how it can affect pregnancy, mine was apparently "out" at my booking bloods so hoping the consultant will sort that and adjust meds... apparently pregnancy can change your levels quite dramatically so they have to keep an eye on it.

Mortgage meeting went well application done although I was rejected for critical illness cover (??!) God knows why so I have to look elsewhere so I know we are covered. Apart from that it was lots of reading and signing our life away for 200,000 (eek!). Thankfully we had already done the numbers thing in a previous appointment and yeah it goes on a bit! So application all done so just waiting to see now and hope they accept it! :D

Yea I was taking 50mg of eltroxin before my BFP then my GP adjusted it to 75mg and said the hospital may increase or decrease it again depending on bloods.. Thing is.. My booking appointment with the hospital was 08th July and that when bloods were done etc.. My GP increased my amount just after my BFP so that was June 17th.. and I'm not in the hospital again until October 14th (for scan, so dunno if they'll readjust anything) and 24th for next MW appointment.. So that's quite allot of time in between if its wrong considering the possible impact... Oh maybe i'm hypER then...
The consultant I was seeing while TTC just said it was "slightly off" n never elaborated.. And the MW in the hospital i'm attending now took a guess.. But as it was never affecting me when she was asking do you feel this and do you feel that.. I was like "eh i'm no different to before" So I really have no clue.. its either or :D lol

Oh no.. Didn't they tell you why you didn't qualify for critical illness?? That sucks... Tho obviously hopefully you'll never need it but still...

Yea I was taking 50mg of eltroxin before my BFP then my GP adjusted it to 75mg and said the hospital may increase or decrease it again depending on bloods.. Thing is.. My booking appointment with the hospital was 08th July and that when bloods were done etc.. My GP increased my amount just after my BFP so that was June 17th.. and I'm not in the hospital again until October 14th (for scan, so dunno if they'll readjust anything) and 24th for next MW appointment.. So that's quite allot of time in between if its wrong considering the possible impact... Oh maybe i'm hypER then...
The consultant I was seeing while TTC just said it was "slightly off" n never elaborated.. And the MW in the hospital i'm attending now took a guess.. But as it was never affecting me when she was asking do you feel this and do you feel that.. I was like "eh i'm no different to before" So I really have no clue.. its either or :D lol

Oh no.. Didn't they tell you why you didn't qualify for critical illness?? That sucks... Tho obviously hopefully you'll never need it but still...

I think our levels are quite low (I'm on 75mg thyroxine daily) and they didn't seem worried id be waiting until 17 weeks to see someone. Also the levels they work to change again in 2nd trimester so maybe they prefer adjusting ones hormones have settled down a bit? I'm sure you are ok if you feel the symptoms go to your gp in the meantime (mine said she was happy to monitor it as well as the hospital if I was worried it's got worse or anything).

Nope no info why im guessing it's due to the thyroid but no they don't tell you why. I'll shop around and see if I can find anything anywhere else that will say yes but as you say hopefully won't ever need it!

How are you feeling today? :)

I think our levels are quite low (I'm on 75mg thyroxine daily) and they didn't seem worried id be waiting until 17 weeks to see someone. Also the levels they work to change again in 2nd trimester so maybe they prefer adjusting ones hormones have settled down a bit? I'm sure you are ok if you feel the symptoms go to your gp in the meantime (mine said she was happy to monitor it as well as the hospital if I was worried it's got worse or anything).

Nope no info why im guessing it's due to the thyroid but no they don't tell you why. I'll shop around and see if I can find anything anywhere else that will say yes but as you say hopefully won't ever need it!

How are you feeling today? :)
I feel kinda weird today.. Getting junny cramping in the pelvic area and unsure if it feels muscular/stretching or crampy... Neck is stiff and head is banging (again) Nose feels all stuffed up and I just want to go home... But altho that seems allot to be moaning about.. I don't feel awful.. Just odd.. If that makes ANY sense.. LOL

I feel kinda weird today.. Getting junny cramping in the pelvic area and unsure if it feels muscular/stretching or crampy... Neck is stiff and head is banging (again) Nose feels all stuffed up and I just want to go home... But altho that seems allot to be moaning about.. I don't feel awful.. Just odd.. If that makes ANY sense.. LOL

Oh bless you! It's funny actually - I feel exactly the same as you today!

Hope you have a good day and it goes quick for you. Hometime soon :) :) xx

Oh bless you! It's funny actually - I feel exactly the same as you today!

Hope you have a good day and it goes quick for you. Hometime soon :) :) xx

Thinking of leaving early.. As in.. NOW... Just not feeling it and not doing any work anyway... oops

16+6 weeks

SO glad it's Friday!!!

Food today:

Ahhhhhhhhh....that dinner is making me drool!! Right...that's it. When hubby is next off he is taking me to Nandos. :D

Oooh your 20 week scan is a day before mine! :) :) Mines on the 4th at 9am x although I'll be 20+5 then so almost 21 weeks :)

Exciiiting! Are you finding out what you're having? xx

Thinking of leaving early.. As in.. NOW... Just not feeling it and not doing any work anyway... oops

Yeah go for it lol :D

Go put feet up xx

Back