Kim's diary of being a new mum

Ooh exciting!!! Let us know how you got on. Hope you've got a fab pic xx

Thanks girls, scan all done and baby is doing just fine in there. A very active baby that made the poor sonographer chase it around a bit! Thankfully it cooperated enough to let her see everything she needed to see and everything looked normal which is great. We did laugh as right at the end of the scan she was trying to get a decent shot of it and it put it's hands up to it's head as if to say "enough now!!!!" had us all laughing!
She said even if we had wanted to know the sex she didn't think this baby would want to show anything so luckily we didn't want to know and baby will certainly be a surprise in Feb!

Will try to upload my pics in a minute.

Hope you are all well! I am one very relieved and very excited mummy-to-be! :D

Re: Kim's pregnancy diary

Profile picture of baby
20131003_114908_zpsfbab6697.jpg

Hand up by head pose
20131003_114855_zpse9246103.jpg

Gorgeous hun x so so glad everything is well:) lovey pics xxxx

aww... great pix... delighted all went well..
Did you get to go for a nice lunch with your OH

Unfortunately not we both had to go back to work :( boo to work! Tempted to say we should go out for dinner, but we have loads of food in the fridge so i'm trying to convince him to go shopping so we can buy baby something :D

Aw you can see it's whole arm, they're fab pics. Pleased everything is good :)

Kim did you enjoy the scan? :) did they talk you through everything...all the diff parts etc? I'm so excited for tomorrow. I know hubby will find it interesting :) x so glad all is well for u x

Kim did you enjoy the scan? :) did they talk you through everything...all the diff parts etc? I'm so excited for tomorrow. I know hubby will find it interesting :) x so glad all is well for u x

Yes she was really good showing us everything, we saw 1 little hand and all 5 fingers and then she tried to show the other hand and it kept moving it then tucked all it's fingers in to a fist...was amazing to watch! You'll love it today! I want to do it again already! haha xx

19+6 weeks
Oooh i'm going to be 20 weeks and half way tomorrow!!! :D Seems to be going really quickly now!

Feeling quite sicky today for some reason, i think i might have let myself get too hungry this morning, i woke up with my tummy grumbling but waited until i got in to work to have my cereal. Maybe in future i should eat a prebrekkie like Frances does on days like this and have some fruit to tide me over! I have had a couple of days of crampy pains so maybe baby is having a bit of a growth spurt hence the hunger!

Food wise i seem to have lost the plot a little bit at the moment :rolleyes: haven't gone crazy but certainly haven't been keeping track and a few Boost chocolate bars may have been eaten while at work this week ;) Will try and get back on track next week!

Feeling baby move more and more, still no definite kicks but it's definitely wriggling away in there in the mornings. Still very quiet after lunch and in the evenings. I can't wait for the kicks to get more pronounced as poor Mike lays with his hand and head on my tummy most evenings just willing baby to move so he can feel it, and it's normally doing nothing (i can't normally feel flutterings or anything) and he so badly wants to feel it. I feel bad that i have extra tummy padding as well so that coupled with the anterior placenta probably means he wont feel it for ages but i really hope he does at some point.

In other news, the house move is all going through quite well at the moment - solicitors are just waiting for some queries to be answered about the place we are buying, our mortgage offer is being sent to them today and once they are all happy we can start talking dates! :D fingers crossed nothing delays it between now and then! We would expect to be in before Christmas with the rate it's all happening which would be great as hopefully i wont be too big and still able to unpack and get things sorted and leaves us time to get baby's room sorted too :)

Hope you are all having a good day! TGIF!!

Re: Kim's pregnancy diary

20+3 weeks
Wow sorry didn't get online this weekend nor yesterday, weekend was lovely but busy and yesterday work was manic and I was so tired I crashed in front of the tv all evening. Day off work tomorrow and I'm going to photograph my friends new baby so that'll be nice :) then 2 more days at work then a whole week off..... the first holiday since our honeymoon almost 6 months ago so well needed!

I can't even bare to step on the scales at the moment I feel so incredibly fat and just do not want to know :( some days I think I look pregnant but others I still just look fat....roll on getting a distinctive bump!

Baby doesn't seem to be moving much or maybe I'm getting used to the fluttering feeling and don't recognise it now (?) I keep prodding to see if I can encourage kicks but nothing yet. I'm getting very impatient and can't help but worry that I'm not feeling anything despite knowing the anterior placenta cushions movement etc etc. The rational part of my brain doesn't work when I start worrying about lack of movement!

Oh this weekend we made our first baby purchases....2 little unisex outfits. It felt so nice buying for our baby :D

Hope you girls are all doing ok :) x

20+3 weeks
Wow sorry didn't get online this weekend nor yesterday, weekend was lovely but busy and yesterday work was manic and I was so tired I crashed in front of the tv all evening. Day off work tomorrow and I'm going to photograph my friends new baby so that'll be nice :) then 2 more days at work then a whole week off..... the first holiday since our honeymoon almost 6 months ago so well needed!

I can't even bare to step on the scales at the moment I feel so incredibly fat and just do not want to know :( some days I think I look pregnant but others I still just look fat....roll on getting a distinctive bump!

Baby doesn't seem to be moving much or maybe I'm getting used to the fluttering feeling and don't recognise it now (?) I keep prodding to see if I can encourage kicks but nothing yet. I'm getting very impatient and can't help but worry that I'm not feeling anything despite knowing the anterior placenta cushions movement etc etc. The rational part of my brain doesn't work when I start worrying about lack of movement!

Oh this weekend we made our first baby purchases....2 little unisex outfits. It felt so nice buying for our baby :D

Hope you girls are all doing ok :) x
I hear ya.. I get so panicked when I don't feel movement.. All weekend baby was so quite.. But soon as I came to work monday it didnt' stop.. Think it tired itself out yesterday as its giving lilttle kicks today but nowhere near as many.. And much lighter.. lol

Itsn't just great buying a little outfit n knowing that your little person will soon wear it... Love it :)

I know what you mean about movement. I do freak myself out on 'less active' days. Quite a lot though his movements are very small/light and could easily be missed and so when im moving around/distracted doing things i dont really notice much movement.

I tend to notice more now if im sitting quietly specifically waiting for him to move around...then i notice the small movements. I do think its because of the anterior placenta....actual kicks are more obvious but dont always get them that often

Like hes been quite quiet today so im just gunna sit here for a while and try to make him move. Sometimes i put my glass of cold drink on my belly (lol), sometimes i put my handheld fan on my belly because it vibrates so that makes him move, sometimes i play him music, sometimes i just try moving my belly or poking it lol :p

Hi hun x try not to worry. I know it's easier said than done. I posted recently about this because baby was having a quiet couple of days, but the next day I was being kicked left, right and centre!
I think sometimes they just have less active days, just like we all do I suppose! I think it's too early to try and establish a pattern, and also in your case hun - what with your anterior placenta - you're probably getting a lot more kicks than you're feeling anyway, so I really wouldn't worry. I know it's hard though because I had a little worry last week for the same thing.

I think we just all have to trust that our babies are all ok in there. They are all healthy and doing absolutely fine. :)

xx

PS: A sonographer when I had my gender scan told me that skittles makes your baby move! Which is why I'm currently sat here eating a bag ;) I'll let you know if it works lol xx

Back