Kim's Diet Coke to Water challenge

It's been a couple of hours since I last posted.
I would murder anyone right now for just one drink! I'm glad I never went to the shop. I've had an options hot chocolate and loads of water. My headache seems to have died down a bit, is there caffiene in hot chocolate, maybe that's why the headache's gone???

lol i dont think there is caffeine in hot chocolate maybe you were stressing yourself out thinking about it to much which was making the headache worse just think the cold turkey will be over in a couple of days and you will feel so much better :)

Oh Hun! Goodness, the girl I used to work with was the same but full fat coke not diet coke!
I just cannot get over so much caffine - Ive just drank a can.
If you like the sweetness - try blackcurrant juice in water x

oh and ive discovered a lovely squash in tescos sugar free cherry and berries its delicious with still or fizzy water

How are you feeling today ? xx

I'm feeling fine so far, no head ache, just feel realllly thirsty even though I've been drinking loads of water, it's that fizz I'm missing. So is squash free??? So far I've saved £3 :D

If you're missing the fizz, definitely go get a bottle of tesco lime cordial and a couple bottles of soda water. you won't regret it!

Yes hot chocolate has caffeine, but I doubt there is much in an options sachet as there isn't much actual chocolate in them!! now green & blacks hot chocolate will keep me up all night!

good luck for today, you're worth it

xxx

Try ANY sugar free squash in soda water! Sometimes I just have to have fizz lol x

Just wanted to say I think this is a great thread and a really good idea to cut down. Could you have a big jar which you put the £3 into each day? Then at the end of the week/fortnight/month you could treat yourself to something or spend it doing something with your daughters. Might be motivational in the tough times! Good luck :)

Good idea. I think you're doing really well. Keep it up

I drink alot of diet coke and would also like to cut down - I prob have about 2 litres a day :eek:

I have started having my a 2 litre bottle on my desk at work and also in the house. Once all that has gone I have a can of diet coke, it seems to be going well so far xx

yes hunni all sugar free squashes are free hope you feeling better today xx

bymbo that's a good idea.
I've bought some cordial, it's helping! Gosh I sound like a right drug addict lol, but then again I've been drinking this much since I was 13. That's 9 years. And that is shameful

I used to drink loads of diet coke as well - at least a 2l bottle a day (I used to take it to bed as well), and I gave up a couple of weeks ago. I still choose diet coke if I'm buying a drink when I'm out, but I don't have it at home any more. The first couple of days were a bit difficult, but I'm ok now. I've found drinking squash rather than water helps as it's the sweetness I miss rather than the fizz - I'm currently drinking lemon squash, but I've found blackcurrant good as well

It might all be in my head but i've been a lot more hungry today, maybe because I'm not filling up on fizz all day??
I've had 2 eggs and beans on toast for brekkie, a bit of tomato pasta mid morning.. some egg fried rice for lunch.. a can of chickpea dahl mid afternoon when I felt hungry, plus some chips and beans for supper. PLUS fruit all day!

kim, thats normal!

when im cutting down on my diet coke intake, and aim for 2ltrs a day i am starving! i make double lunchs, cos i ahve to sneak out of class mid morn otherwise i feel as if i'l keel over!? they say drinking can often mean you eat a bit less as your more likley thirsty rather than hungry, but as long as your drinking loads and eating still.. you cant go far wrong!

when you feel ready ( i kno its more expensive) but maybe by a 6 pack of diet coke cans.. 1 can at night per day.. thats what i do now, its my evening 'snack' becos thats when my munchies hit, and the sweetener just does it for me. hopefully a good loss is on its way to you, even more encorouging!

thank you Fern.. I'm hoping cutting it all out will give me at LEAST a 1lb loss this week as I'm dying to grab hold of my stone award.
I even take a 500ml bottle to class with me to drink throughout image therapy lol I will do it this week, but after weigh in of course ;)

maybe it ought to be your weight loss treat. Everytime you loose at weigh in, you can go to the vending machine! (the drinks one.. not the chocolate one hehe)

Back