Kim's Diet Coke to Water challenge

Better than a treat night takeaway I guess!!

omg have you always had the day off fern??
sometimes i think about having a naughty night after weigh in.....but ive never dared!

I was addicted to diet coke and was drinking loads of it - I started by switching gradually to the caffiene free (so I gave up the caffiene without having to give up the habit too), then have it up altogether.

Can't touch the stuff now - it just tastes foul.

It is a pain when you're out as many places only stock diet coke and not other fizzy diet drinks.

Yep, all the way through. when i first started, id just have the eve of Wi off, so id weigh, and then have cheesy chips with meat on top, and a desert of some variet after.. or a takeaway of some kind..

then the more i loss i started picking more so through the day,.. and now i ahve the entire day off.. i actually find my losses are crapper when i dont have it off, and becos i dont have the blow out, i struggle all week.

so now, i have chocolate cereals for breaky, even stop at shop on way to work and get a few bars... have bakery for lunch.. and then dont eat past 1 as usual ! .. to prove that it doesnt hurt, the week i lost 6lb at Wi, i'd had apple crumble for lunch! .. and then i did the same the week after and still lost 2.5!

ooo my god! now im tempted...very tempted.......naughty fern!!!!!

dont think i could bring myself to cheat fully....and not before weigh in,maybe a little treat after wi but tempted to have a cake and slice from greggs on tuesdays(day after).dont know wether i will though...i think im programmed to be good now it feels so wrong to think about not!!

oh, you soon appreciate a day off. My theory is, i eat whatever the hell i like all day wed (within reason before WI of course, as in it has to be 'physically light', so no big macs haha)

becos im focused all week then. If i were to have somthing naughty the day after, my whole week would be chaos.

I caved in :( I got given a 6 pack at 5pm last night and they were gone by 10am this morning :(
BUT.. at least I didn't buy them. And it's still 3 days until weigh day :/

Oh Kim, who bought you them and can we slap them? ;o)
How ar you feeling for drinking it as to not drinking it, did it taste better/different?

And as for cheat i WI at 9:30am and have it as my cheat day LOL x

I feel like I've cheated really bad! My mum fetched them over and I was like a kid in a sweet shop!
It tasted goooood lol but today's a new day :)

Stick with it hun. One little relapse isn't going to do that much damage. Just carry on with the very good work. You CAN do this. xx

Kim, has anyone suggested Caffine Free coke?

Ya know what? I'm going to hop onboard too! I don't drink tons and tons, and already drink quite a bit of water, but I do wonder what it's really doing to our insides!! I get the odd breakout of spots and it would be interesting to see if it makes a difference!X

Good Luck Kim! Naughty Mum!

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

greedy me ...i am also a pepsi max /diet pepsi cola addict..i used to drink a full 2 litre bottle of full sugar cola a day but then switched it to diet[was worried i had diabetes but was given the all clear and i need to lose weight..] ..i try to limit myself to 2 l of diet fizzy drinks a day...i keep aiming to give it up..today i had 830 mls ...am aiming to have no more for the day and none tommorrow[was initially planning to have 750 mls bottle of pepsi max and then 500 mls and wean off but this thread has made me think again

i meant to ask at my last bone scan can fizzy drinks wreak your bones?[ i have bad bones for my age [28 1/2] due to poor diet, history of bulimia, beign lazy and a rare medical condition but nothing too bad nevertheless if they knew the amount of fizzy drinks] but didn't i may ask at the next one and what is a safe level of diet fizzy drinks for your bones?

i feel so guilty and greedy[yet that makes as likely as not to say to myself..of what the hell i will have something nice/ unhealthy

i am finding it difficult as i am also trying to work on my diet/ losing weight[counselling helped me a bit with portion sizes but i still have to lose weigth and eat more veg etc] and watch my finances [i cut up my credit card but have not got the savings i should] and trying to do it all has me stressed

wish me luck

Last edited:
Back