Kim's Diet Coke to Water challenge

Just found this thread - I am also addicted to Diet Coke :( I never used to drink fizzy drinks a lot but in the last year I have really discovered Coke and I'm always drinking it, buy 500ml bottles all the time when I used to buy bottles of water. I thought with cutting out junk food I could keep Diet Coke as my very low-calorie treat but it's soooo unhealthy I need to stop drinking it! Worried about my teeth too, don't want them to rot away! lol

Hiya Kim,
Thank you for starting this thread as I think it has made a lot of us think about how much fizzy pop we consume!! :confused:

I used to drink shed loads of diet coke but am down to just the odd can every now and again - ha ha we do sounds like junkies mind!! :p

I hope you're still on the diet coke wagon and things are going ok!

Let us know how you're getting on and GOOD LUCK x x

Thanks all. I've been on water and orange cordial since my 'binge' lol
I'm missing it so much! But I will be buying a small bottle tomorrow to take to weigh in that i can drink during image therapy!

The other problem too.... I can't sip diet coke.. a can is gone in 2-3 mouthfuls, thats how I end up drinking so much

good god girl you must get trapped wind lol a can takes me a good 10 minutes :)

i meant to ask at my last bone scan can fizzy drinks wreak your bones?[ i have bad bones for my age [28 1/2] due to poor diet, history of bulimia, beign lazy and a rare medical condition but nothing too bad nevertheless if they knew the amount of fizzy drinks] but didn't i may ask at the next one and what is a safe level of diet fizzy drinks for your bones?

I'm not sure - I have heard that diet coke "leaches" out the calcium from your bones, but I'm sure I have also read that people who drink lots and lots of diet coke tend not to have a lot of milk (ie they aren't drinking tea/coffee) and that could be why they are low on calcium.

Well I lost 1lb this week. VERY pleased becauseI got my 1stone award :D
This week is deffinately going to be a diet coke free week :)

Well Done huni!! xx

Its so addictive!! I have cut down to one can a week max, but the withdrawal headaches the first few weeks were terrible!! xxxx

daft wuestion but have you actually told your mum your cutting out coke?....if you ahve its not very fair thast she is still bringing you it! and if you havnt...why not lol. get her to bring you a piece of fruit instead lol

My addiction is pepsi max i go through about 30 cans a week and 3 2ltr bottles! I am slowly cutting it out, but then yesterday while shopping it was just habvit and i put 2 cases in my trolly without even thinking!! Im going to have 2 cans a day rather then stop altogether, i tried that and couldnt handle the headaches!!

I think part of the addiction is habit, and part is physical. How about replacing some of the habit with the caffeine free stuff, so you are only tackling one addiction at a time. Then, when you have the caffeine habit licked, you can work on the habit of just reaching for a coke without getting the headaches and bad moods!

I used to have a bad coke (cola!) habit. Now I can't touch the stuff, it tastes awful to me!

Hi, My name is Judith and I'm a coke addict (as in cola!!!)

I need to break this habit. I cannot get a ready supply of caffine free cola and I'm such an addict that I will even drink the dirt cheap stuff when I haven't the money for my drug of choice. I am sure those sweetners don't help any either.

I like fizzy water so may switch to being a fizzy water addict!

For this coming week I will just be aware of how much I drink. It might be less as I have little money.

How is everyone else doing?

Judith

Just read this thread through from start to finish.

I drink 4/5 cans per day of Diet Coke at work Mon-Fri, and about 2 or 3 glasses per evening....so a litre per night.
So i have about 2.5 litres a day!!!!!!

I tried to stop drinking Diet coke once, but i had terrible headaches and moodswings and to be fair i dont think it affects my losses so why should i give up something i like?

:D

xxx

i am still drinking about 1.5 litres of pepsi max/diet pepsi and maybe 500mls other diet fizzy drinks

greedy me..

i really need to cut it out..what is stopping me is i am trying to work on losing weight[food], cutting down on the internet and cutting down on spending[ i am lazy and don't work and i am going to be cut at least 20 euro a week on my course allowance from january] all together...and i have read you should tackle one thing at a time

what do you think i should do..i am such a miserable failure i have no self control

I'm lazy and haven't read through the entire post, but I drink about half a bottle of diet cola ( cheap stuff.. ) every week day and probably a bottle and a half each weekend day.. ( drink coffee at work all day )

Hi there,

How are we all doing?

Tonight I am having 2 litres of the ultra-cheap stuff..... there will be none for me tomorrow. How will I survive? But no pennies left.

Judith

so you're on a tight budget too?
I lose my job on the 17th so I'm peny pinching at the moment and fretting how I'll be able to afford my new eating regime..
fruit and veg are expensive..

yes i hate myself. i am penny pinching as i am lazy and don't work and my money is going to be cut by 20 euro a week in january[11.80 off my course bonus and 8 euro off my basic money and will be probably paying 2 euro extra a week in rent]

i drank 1.2 litres of diet cola and a can of 7 up free on friday, i drank a can of 7 up free[yesterday] i didn't drink any coke yesterday as my mother doesn't stock it and i was out all day with her, today i had a 750 ml bottle of pepsi max and a can of diet pepsi while out on my walk. i may or may not have a can of 7 up free later

so not doing too well

Hi there,

I don't think you are doing badly Stupid. By the way is there anything else I can call you as I call myself that so many times... and I seriously doubt that you are stupid!

Sometimes we can begin by finding out what our baseline is. Observe our behaviours. Maybe you've done something like this before? Write down what you drink as a baseline and then based on your observations either reduce or replace.

And give yourself credit - ditcvhing the diet cola addiction is one of the hardest there is.

Be gentle

I'm on no cola today as I have no money. I'm climbing up the walls and getting irritated at the dog. Must rememebr to breathe. Be gentle with myself and not be horrible to the dog!

Judith

Back