Discover Kim's Weight Loss Diary! 2 stone to go!

Kimbo1101

Hi Guys,

Please feel free to comment and jump in if I am pointing wrongly.

I've tried both SW and WW in the past but after months of trying to squeeze into my clothes, I really feel uncomfortable and overweight. Time for a change!

I have a lot of weddings to attend this year but my goal is to loose 2 stone by October (my fiancee's sisters wedding). I think this should be manageable by aiming for 2lb's per week and giving myself an extra few weeks incase I fall off the wagon

My weigh in is going to be Friday mornings (at home) as I like to have a take-away or a treat on Friday nights. Also, I'm definately going to be home on Fridays so no excuse for not weighing in.

Kim xx

P.S. I've started a new thread with the prefix to let everyone know I'm doing discovery:) Hope this hasn't confused anyone:)

Last edited:
Sun 12/06/2011

Breakfast
bran flakes and skim milk - 2

Lunch
Homemade leek & potato soup (really yummy!) - 1
1/2 small wholemeal roll (no spread) - 1
Snack a jacks - 1.5

Dinner
WW Ocean Pie - 3
100g McCain Lightly Spiced Wedges - 3
Ketchup - 0.5
Small punnet blackberries - 1

Snacks
Snack a jacks - 1.5
Wholemeal bagel & Extralight Philly - 4

Total
18.5/19

Good start! Have had a lazy day (little hungover) and all I can think about is food but hopefully when I'm kept busy at work during the week I'll find it easier

Last edited:
Thanks Carly, you've being doing great! A real inspiration I'll definately be following you aswell.

Been feeling much less hungry today as have been busy at work. Think the weekends are going to be hard, have a wedding this weekend so going to stick to vodka and a small meal, hopefully won't go over by too much!

13/6/11

Breakfast:
Porridge and skimmed milk - 2.5 (I'm never really hungry early in the morning so have my porridge at 10.30 on my break at work, usually have a peppermint tea when I get to work at 8.30, really like peppermint tea-trying to drink lots of it!)

Lunch
Homemade potato and leek soup - 1
Small wholemeal roll (no spread) - 2
Snack a Jacks (hot tomato flavour-yummm) - 1.5

Dinner
WW chicken hotpot - 4
100g McCain Lightly Spiced Wedges - 3
ketchup (cant live without it!) - 0.5

Snacks
Baked crisps (I'm a crispaholic)- 1
Snack a Jacks - 1.5
Half Bagel and Extra Light Philly - 2

Total
19/19

Hello I'm starting WW in the morning ready for a change in diet.. I like the sound of your wholemeal bagel where did u get these from please?

I brought ww bagels from poundland today.. !
Good luck on your journey I'm loosing weight for my friends wedding in August to ..!

Good luck on your weight loss journeys ?

Thanks guys! Shanny, the bagels are from asda own brand, really yummy toasted and with extra light Philly! Very filling too:) looking forward to your progress aswell, are you keeping a diary?it's great having support on here:)

Shanny, Just home and checked the bagels, they're Asda's own Deli Style multiseed bagels, they're yummm. Hope you've had a good start:) I'm soo positive after posting my diary-less likely to cheat and have a disaster day when support is on here xx

hi, good luck with your loss, will be following you, im on discover too, its ace! the support on here is awesome...there is always someone lurking ready to offer advice, or a shoulder and we will all celebrate each loss with you :)

Shanny, Just home and checked the bagels, they're Asda's own Deli Style multiseed bagels, they're yummm. Hope you've had a good start:) I'm soo positive after posting my diary-less likely to cheat and have a disaster day when support is on here xx
Oh thank you.. i will stock up tomorrow lol as i shop there anyway..! :)
x

Feeling great today and not hungry at all - I love WW!! The plan really suits me as it limits my portions but lets me eat all my favourite things:) Perfect!!

14/6/11

Breakfast
Porridge and Skimmed Milk - 2.5

Lunch
Homemade Potato & Leek soup - 1
Snack a Jacks - 1.5
225g blueberries - 2
Activia Fat Free Cherry Yoghurt - 1

Dinner
WW Chicken Curry & Rice - 4.5

Snacks
Snack a jacks - 1.5
WW Hot Chilli Tortaillas (nicee) - 1
Multiseed Bagel & EL Philly - 4

19/19

Still on target! Got given a bottle of wine today at work by one of my clients-its calling me from the fridge, but alcohol can wait until the weekend at my 1st wedding of the year and hopefully by the October wedding I'm off to, I'll be looking fabulous and wearing a pretty dress in a size 10:)

hi, good luck with your loss, will be following you, im on discover too, its ace! the support on here is awesome...there is always someone lurking ready to offer advice, or a shoulder and we will all celebrate each loss with you :)

Dinx! Thanks hun, your diary is fab! Have been reading it today in downtime at work:) Will definately be following your also. I love the way if I'm getting bored with my meals I can just pop on here and get so many ideas:) So glad I took the plunge to post my diary, has given me the motivation I needed xx

Your meals look yummy Kimbo :) you are doing ace!! I love the ww bagels. Keep up the great work Vicky x

Kimbo1101 said:
Feeling great today and not hungry at all - I love WW!! The plan really suits me as it limits my portions but lets me eat all my favourite things:) Perfect!!

14/6/11

Breakfast
Porridge and Skimmed Milk - 2.5

Lunch
Homemade Potato & Leek soup - 1
Snack a Jacks - 1.5
225g blueberries - 2
Activia Fat Free Cherry Yoghurt - 1

Dinner
WW Chicken Curry & Rice - 4.5

Snacks
Snack a jacks - 1.5
WW Hot Chilli Tortaillas (nicee) - 1
Multiseed Bagel & EL Philly - 4

19/19

Still on target! Got given a bottle of wine today at work by one of my clients-its calling me from the fridge, but alcohol can wait until the weekend at my 1st wedding of the year and hopefully by the October wedding I'm off to, I'll be looking fabulous and wearing a pretty dress in a size 10:)

Hiya hope you don't mind me asking but how come your blueberries aren't free? It's just that I'm worried coz I'm getting through at least half a punnet a day but was sure they were free?

Tracy
xxx

Hi Tracy, are you maybe doing WW Pro points? I think all fruit and veg is free on PP but not on the old plan. Im doing the old Discovery Plan which WW aren't doing any more. I just use my old book from a few years ago to point and a calculator xx

Your meals look yummy Kimbo :) you are doing ace!! I love the ww bagels. Keep up the great work Vicky x

Thanks Vicky! I love the bagels, they're v filling and yummy for a snack. I'm a real grazer through the day and am addicted to crisps. So glad I've found a plan that allows me to do both:) xx

Kimbo1101 said:
Hi Tracy, are you maybe doing WW Pro points? I think all fruit and veg is free on PP but not on the old plan. Im doing the old Discovery Plan which WW aren't doing any more. I just use my old book from a few years ago to point and a calculator xx

Yeah I am doing pp thank you, I was worried for minute!
xxx

Hi Kim :) How are you finding WW this week? Seems we have atleast 2 things in common, I weigh in on Friday mornings at home, and im a serious crispaholic!! I would eat crisp for breakfast if i could!! Infact, when i have a hangover i do! hehe :)

Looking forward to following your diary and hearing about ur losses x

Nicola87 said:
Hi Kim :) How are you finding WW this week? Seems we have atleast 2 things in common, I weigh in on Friday mornings at home, and im a serious crispaholic!! I would eat crisp for breakfast if i could!! Infact, when i have a hangover i do! hehe :)

Looking forward to following your diary and hearing about ur losses x

Hi Nicola! WW is going well chick, only started though but hopefully I can keep going. thanks for posting:) I'll be following you for certain then, are you doing discovery too? Will have a look out for your diary! We've 2days til weigh in!! going to try and stay on track til then, have a meal out at a Thai restaurant on Thursday night though so going to try and pick smartly, don't want to ruin everything on night before WI, especially my first!:) xx

count me in! Ive changed my wi day to a Friday too, makes sense for me instead of a Monday, as if Mondays arent miserable enough already hehe...you are doing really Kim, keep it up :)

Back