Kinda motivation's opposite

Joydriven

This go around I've really watched for triggers, causes, moments, thoughts, emotions right before I choose, or normally would have chosen, to eat. I've tried to slow down time so I could evaluate, observe, turn it over in my mind, to better understand the "why" of why I eat.

And it's been wonderfully enlightening. Listening to others, I've come to see how different the causes, reasons, reactions are. And it makes me wonder if, by hearing what others' causes are, if it would make things even clearer. Help further awaken the understanding of "why" and what drives one to eat /overeat /obsess about food and eating.

So far I've discovered that I had been choosing/using food as entertaiment, a break from boredom, an influx of endorphins or whatever chocolate and suberb taste bud reactors create, where I was not creating them in other areas of life.

I know others have expressed eating for comfort from unease, others for filling a lack of abundance, others for assuaging the pain of self dissatisfaction.

So curious about other's discovery on this path. Without hunger and constant carb cravings, underlying issues reveal themselves. And I like that. Getting to the root of the issue.

Chocolate is a drug<
It used to be my favorite drug.

I'm clean now!
It feels good that I'm not my worst enemy anymore.

Yes, Elisheba! That is so well put and true for me, too.

Sorry you're not feeling well on it, Zoesastar. I felt off during the beginning but then felt more energized than before starting. I wish you could get it sorted out. It's no fun feeling sick and when making difficult changes, more energy and feeling well is definitely needed. At least makes it less difficult instead of more.

I eat not so great things for a few reasons:

1. they taste delicious and I enjoy food!
2. time of the month - all i can do is shove crappy food down my throat ;)
3. boredom/sadness - a piece of chocolate or a greasy meal always temporarily fixes things. but you feel worse after. I swear its just like a drug or alcohol addiction.

oh - and did i mention if I am hungover? that is why I am swearing off alcohol! it puts on pounds by drinking it and the food you eat after!!!

Back