Kinda o/t but need help from people who will know what I mean!

Bunnyg

Determined
Ok, I am going abroad for the first time in just over 4 weeks time. I booked the holiday last November, thinking I'd lose loads of weight by September and that clothes shopping would be easy. However, it didn't go to plan and I didn't consider CD until about 3 weeks ago.
I think I am going to be a size 22/24 by the time I go, so no bikinis for me, but I really need help on what sort of clothes to get! If anyone has been a similar size, can you share what sort of wardrobe selection you took! I dont have a clue! Thanks x

Hi,
When I have been away, I took linen shorts/pants, loose kaftan style tops, sarongs, flip flops/sandals, a nice swimsuit or two (you can get those that hold your tummy in) and some chunky jewellery.

I'm sure you will be fine. Where are you going? Sales are on so you should be able to get some bargains too!

Good luck shopping
xxx

Thanks for that - I am going to Turkey, so it will be really hot. I need to try and keep as cool but at the same time try and cover up a bit!

wear anything you feel comfy in but go for natural materials cotton linen ect .Dont take too much you will wear costume shorts t shirt in day and at night buy things that mix and match 1 skirt that goes with 3 tops nice costume jewelery comfy shoes .
ps take some hand wash powder with you I put things into soak on a morning rinse them out at night dry next day good for smalls and t shirts lol
I also take my own coffee in a tupperware pot

i went to turkey when i was 18
by day i lived in a swim dress and at night dresses ( oh and they were kneelength and lowcut, lol )

some of the men can be a bit ahem persistant but the people on the whole are really friendly

hope you have a great time!

im off to turkey 2 weeks tomorrow where abouts you going ???

it will be really hot in turkey, just shorts and vest for day, i took crop trou 4 nite and couple o tops to double up with, have a great hol

Natural fabrics generally sound like a good idea.
I don’t know about you but when I was a size 22 my legs used to rub together particularly if it was warm and I got sweaty.
I got a top tip from a sales assistant in Evans who broke the natural fabrics idea and suggested wearing lycra cycling shorts under skirts and dress – it worked and it didn’t make me any warmer whilst smoothing out my lumps and bumps.
Hope that you have a fab time

Aislinn x

when i was that size and on holiday im 18 on top now and 20 bottom. but i brought shorts, three quarter lenghts linen trousers, full lenght linen trousers. few different top mix and match kinda. one short skirt and long long no swimsuit or bikini for me i cant even swim. im of to lanzarote in sept and have been buying a few things for it and there is sales everywhere at the min so im sure you will pick up few bargains. wish i was in the uk much more choice over there!

i used to wear lots of long floaty skirts and sarongs, strappy tops, flip flops or flat sandals, dress however you feel most comfyest (is that a word?)...dont worry what you look like, noone notices what youre wearing when youre on holiday! its an excuse to get away with what you darent wear in good ole blighty! :)...have a fantastic time on your hols...

diddy x

Thanks everyone, some fab ideas - I don't usually wear skirts, but I may be brave and by myself one, otherwise I'll just look out for lots of linen!
Kittykat, I am off to Side in Antalya - what about you? I am excited, but just wish I had lost more weight! x

Back