Kingleds Food Diary - help needed!

No more syns last ight and in a weird alternate universe way I actually failed to finish my dinner cos I was full!!! Does not happen very often in the Kingleds household!

Food Plan for today. God only know - horribly badly organised.

Breakfast:Bowl of Fruit (mango, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries) with fruit & fibre (HEB) and mullerlight

Lunch: Not got anything with me. Will try and get a salad and some chicken from M&S or maybe go to Nandos

Snack: Banana before gym

Dinner: I got out some prawns and Salmon - any ideas what i do with them that doesn't involve pasta noodle or rice? Am at a complete loss. Its also 2 days before shopping day so the fridge is a bit bare of superfree. Have a bit of salad and thats it. Might just cook the salmon & prawns and have it with some cold cuts, cheese (HEA) and ryvitas (HEB2) unless anyone has any other ideas?

cous cous mixed salad jchopped up into it plus the fish?

Could you adapt this at all with your hex's? any syns? sw alternatives?
Salmon and Prawn Surprise

Ingredients:

For the filling:
40g butter
1 onion, chopped
1 bay leaf
40g flour
350ml milk
400g salmon fillet, cut into 2-3cm cubes
200g cooked North Atlantic Prawns (optional. If not using, increase salmon by 200g)
100g sweet corn
100g frozen peas, defrosted
2 eggs, hard boiled and chopped
For the crumble topping:
6 slices of Kingsmill Tasty Wholemeal
25g finely grated parmesan cheese
2 tbsp olive oil
small bunch of parsley
You will need a large oven-proof dish, approximately 1.2-1.5 litre capacity. Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC/ 180ºC fan oven/gas mark 6.

Melt the butter in a saucepan and gently cook the onion with the bay leaf until itthe onion is softened but not coloured. Stir in the flour for about 30 seconds before gradually adding the milk, stirring to prevent any floury lumps. Bring to a simmer and cook for a few minutes until you have a thick sauce.

Stir in the salmon and return to the simmer. Cook for a few minutes, until the salmon is cooked through, before adding the prawns (optional), sweet corn, peas and eggs. Return to the simmer and cook for a few minutes before removing the bay leaf and spooning the sauce into a large ovenproof dish, or individual dishes.

To make the topping, place the bread in a food processor and blitz to a rough crumb. Add the parmesan, olive oil and parsley, then briefly blitz to combine.

Scatter the topping over the top of the creamy fish sauce and place in the pre-heated oven for 30-40 minutes until the topping is golden and the filling is bubbling at the edges.

Thanks Emsie - Will see if i have the ingredient this evening.

So, syns and hexs wise it works out at 1 HEB & 1.25 HEAs, plus 3.5 syns each. I'm going to 1/2 the mix as its for 2 of us as below

For the filling:
frylight
1 onion, chopped
1 bay leaf
28g flour / 5 syn worth
175ml Skimmed milk - so 1/2 a hea will go in.
280g Salmon
200g cooked North Atlantic Prawns
For the crumble topping:
120g of WM bread (2 hebs shared between 2 of us)
60g finely grated parmesan cheese (a hea each
48 sprays bertolli olive oil spray (2 syns)
small bunch of parsley

kingleds said:
Thanks Emsie - Will see if i have the ingredient this evening.

So, syns and hexs wise it works out at 1 HEB & 1.25 HEAs, plus 3.5 syns each. I'm going to 1/2 the mix as its for 2 of us as below

For the filling:
frylight
1 onion, chopped
1 bay leaf
28g flour / 5 syn worth
175ml Skimmed milk - so 1/2 a hea will go in.
280g Salmon
200g cooked North Atlantic Prawns
For the crumble topping:
120g of WM bread (2 hebs shared between 2 of us)
60g finely grated parmesan cheese (a hea each
48 sprays bertolli olive oil spray (2 syns)
small bunch of parsley

That sounds really nice :)

Weigh in this morning. Eek

Lunch yesterday was fish & chips with mushy peas. Didn't eat the batter though so not as bad as it could have been.

Ended up with salmon,, prawns, onions, garlic, chilli, peppers, in a sauce made from Philly light (hea) with some pasta for dinner. Didn't fish it though. Second night in a row. Feels weird.

Food plan today
After weigh in: Hifi bar (hen) & banana

Lunch; frittata made with all the SuperDrive I have left in the fridge

Dinner: hmmm. Am out for a all u can eat Chinese with friends. Think today will need to be a flexi syn day. Setting my limit at 50 syns, then back on tomorrow.

kingleds said:
Weigh in this morning. Eek

Lunch yesterday was fish & chips with mushy peas. Didn't eat the batter though so not as bad as it could have been.

Ended up with salmon,, prawns, onions, garlic, chilli, peppers, in a sauce made from Philly light (hea) with some pasta for dinner. Didn't fish it though. Second night in a row. Feels weird.

Food plan today
After weigh in: Hifi bar (hen) & banana

Lunch; frittata made with all the SuperDrive I have left in the fridge

Dinner: hmmm. Am out for a all u can eat Chinese with friends. Think today will need to be a flexi syn day. Setting my limit at 50 syns, then back on tomorrow.

Food sounds nommy! Good luck for weigh in xx

Thanks! Pretty gutted though as I found out my consultant is leaving in May. Can't go into details on here but suffice to say we are all pretty pissed off about why she resigned. Not sure how I will cope with a new consultant! I fear change :( Plus I am pretty loathe to give money to a company who let their staff be treated the way she has been.

itsd easy peesy hun.

500g Pork loin, all fat cut off, in strips.
1 red onion, sliced up
2 yellow peppers, sliced up
1 aubergine, bitesize chunks
3 galric cloves
1 tin tomoatoes
200mls stock
1 teaspoon (I added more) smoked paprika

Fry off the pork for about 4 mins, add the other ingredients. Cover, bring to the boil, then simmer for 25 minutes.

That sound delicious. I've added it to my recipes and will cook it next week. I love aubergines. xx

Well done on your loss! Not so good about your class ... sounds intriguing. I'm not good with change so I sympathise.

Beegee said:
Well done on your loss! Not so good about your class ... sounds intriguing. I'm not good with change so I sympathise.

It is rubbish. Its a real case of personality clash between her & someone in a position of authority & influence. It's just a real shame that she feels she has to leave now. But i don't blame her - the person she has a clash with is, bluntly, horrible & patronising. To the point where 5 members of my group who expressed an interest in being a consultant have decided not to do it because they would have to work with her.

My C was always leaving to move to France in about 18 months, so I was going to have to get used to it, but I imagined she'd be the one who gave me my target badge, and now it might not be the case, so on a purely selfish level I am gutted. Aside from anything else, she is a fantastic consultant & will be a huge loss to SW.

Oh well, will just have to get target before she goes!

There's a challenge for you! What a shame she feels her position has become untenable. It never ceases to amaze me how these people get away with it and think it's ok to treat others so badly.

How lovely though that you've had such a positive experience with your consultant when you hear of so many 'dubious' ones on here. You've come a long way with her, no wonder you're gutted x

Certainly will be a challenge. Got 21lbs to lose before the end of May now, with 2 weekends away in that.Its a little bit over a 2lbs a week. I reckon I might miss it by about 4lbs. But I will try!

Forgot to write down food yesteday, Pretty bad day anyway so probably not worth it. Did a load of batch cooking for the week and had a very spicy version of the Carribean Chicken Stew in the one pot book (added 2 scotch bonnets and it was bit too much). Had it with roast potatoes, parsnips, brocoli and carrots.

Food Plan for today- back on red days for the week

Breakfast: 4 ryvita (HEB1) with 71g philly light (HEA1) and a bowl of pineapple, mango, blackberries, strawberries

Lunch: Salmon & Egg Salad with mango dressing (made with mango and lime juice) - salad has rocket, watercress, spinach, cucumber, peppers, tomatoes and carrots in it.

Snack before gym - banana

Dinner: Jamaician Flavoured Steak (been marinading in soy, all purpose seasoning and jerk seasoning since yesterday) with roasted veg (butternut squash, courgette, aubergine, mushrooms, red onion, pepper)

HEB2: Hifi bar

Back