Kirsty's Diary - Need a kick up the bum!!!

XxKirstxX

Gold Member
I have been on this forum for a while and just recently back after having lost some weight on WW and Atkins and going up and down in the past few months I have decided I am back with avengance.

My boyfriend David and I have just recently booked a hol to Zante, leaving on 12th August, so this is going to be my countdown...

Not sure what diet I am on, but am going to start tracking what I am eating on this thread.

Wish me luck all! xx :D:D

Kirsty xx

W/beginning - 29/03/10

Monday
B: Apple
L: Tin tuna, mayo, cucumber, 1x wholemeal pitta, banana, apple
D: 1 chicken breast, mayo, sweetcorn, baked potato & 1x wholemeal bread

Tuesday
L: Chicken, mayo, sweetcorn, 2x wholemeal bread, Banana, 2 tangerines, apple
D: Chicken, colemans barbecue sauce, baked potato, with onion, mushroom & red pepper

Wednesday
L: tin tuna, mayo, sweetcorn & cucumber, 2x wholemeal bread, 2 tangerines
S: Apple
D: 1x chicken breast, brown rice, colemans curry sauce, onion, mushroom, pepper, peas

Thursday:
L: tin tuna, mayo, sweetcorn, 2x wholemeal bread, 2 tangerines
D: Chicken breast, mayo, sweetcorn, baked pot, some rice

Friday:
B: Banana
L: Tesco tuna & sweetcorn sandwich, packet skips
D: Chicken mayo, sweetcorn, baked potato

Went to Sarah's for some wine and singstar, had 1 and a half bottles of rose wine, some savoury snacks and a mini smarties easter egg.

Saturday: (the hangover lol)
B: Bowl of frosties
L: Baked potato, tuna mayo, sweetcorn, cucumber
S: 2 oranges
D: never had time, had 2 packets of skips and 1 packet monster munch at the pictures

Sunday:
B: Banana
L: Tin tuna, mayo, sweetcorn, cucumber, 2 slice wholemeal bread
D: Chicken, boiled new potatos, peas & carrots
Had a glass and a half of champagne to calm our nerves, my friend Jackie picked me up and were in a small car crash so had some champagne when we got to our friends house to calm down a bit lol.

-5lbs this week! Woo, 14stone 9lbs now! xx

Last edited:
Hey Stranger :D

How have you been?

I'm joining this section too :D Over the past few months I've lost so much confidence with my weight and have not had the motivation at all. All the pressure from different types of diets etc.. and learning the rules for each one was stressing me out and kind of blurring into one lol.

So i've decided to stick to a low cal and high exercise diet :D Wish me good luck. And if you wanna buddy up on here that would be great :D

Soph xxx

Hey Kingly thanks for the kind words xx

and Soph, nice to hear from you again! Yeah you are right with the different diets, I am sticking to the eat less, move more rule lol should be good, see how it goes for the first couple of weeks. Going to weigh myself every Monday. How you getting on? I am 15 stone now, had lost quite a lot on atkins but went back on far to easily when I came off it. I think it's more about a lifestyle change than sticking to a diet...

Luckily over my break I haven't gained :confused: !!

I'm still floating around 14st, my goal would be to get down to 12st and hopefully a size 12-14 :D

I've got my wedding next year so want to be lovely and slim for my dress :D xxx

Luckily over my break I haven't gained :confused: !!

I'm still floating around 14st, my goal would be to get down to 12st and hopefully a size 12-14 :D

I've got my wedding next year so want to be lovely and slim for my dress :D xxx

You are so lucky to be getting married next year. That will spur you on to lose weight.

At my heaviest I was 17 stone then got down to 14 stone something, now at 15 stone. Want to lose about 2 stone for my holiday in Zante. Hopefully I can do it. I've got my countdown ready.... 19 weeks today!! lol

I soo can't wait! lol xx

Right, let's do the maths here, I want to lose 2.5 stone to go on holiday, feel better about myself, buy nice clothes n not be as self concious.

I have 19 weeks to lose 35 pounds = approx 2 pounds a week.

How am I going to do this? The problem areas - at night, I get bored and need something to take my mind off wanting to eat (its like an addiction). At the weekend - I have such a bad habbit of drinking at the weekends as I am always so stressed during the week I need it to destress (need to think of something else to destress). I am always fine during the day at work monday to friday. It's at night and weekends that is the problem areas....

Help anyone?? xx

I have the same problem Kirsty! I'm so naughty at the weekends...Wine, chocolate and eating out!

The other problem with me is the will power, if I see something yummy i've gotta have it. I'm dreading the easter break for food. as my oh's family have brought me 2 easter eggs!! mmmmm chocolate must resist!!

Anybody got any tips for keeping off the bad foods?

xxxx

Well Soph, how did you get on at the weekend? Did you resist temptation? I had 1 n a half bottles of rose lol and a cheeky mini smarties easter egg bought by my little nephew so I HAD to eat it lol it was only small so hopefully doesn't effect weight loss. Weigh in on Monday!

Tips for keeping off bad foods? Hmm... if I don't buy them then they're not in the house for me to eat and fill up on the good stuff lol

Well I know I said I would weigh myself on mondays, but today I got a bit impatient so had my weigh in, and what a great boost! I have lost 5lbs, I am now 14 stone 9! Woo hoo, so happy! 30lbs to go!

W/begining - 5/04/10

Monday
L: Tesco health living chicken salsa tomato sandwich, packet quavers, grapes, melon
D: Baked potato, chicken, mayo, sweetcorn, Banana

Tuesday
L: Tuna, mayo, cucumber, sweetcorn, 2 slice bread, Banana
D: Chicken, mayo, sweetcorn, peas, baked potato

Wednesday
L: Chicken, mayo, sweetcorn, 1x wholemeal pitta, tangerine, apple, 2x ww yogurts
D: tin tuna, mayo, cucumber, sweetcorn, lettuce, baked potato, 2x slice wholemeal bread

Thursday
L: tin tuna, mayo, cucumber, lettuce, sweetcorn, 1 wholemeal pitta, 2x ww yogurts, orange
D: Chicken, mayo, baked potato, peas, peppers, lettuce, 1 slice wholemeal bread

Friday
L: tin tuna, mayo, cucumber, 2 slice wholemeal bread
D: Chicken, seasoning, onion, peppers, peas, 4 boiled potatoes

Saturday
B: Apple, packet WW crisps
L: Asda chicken salad baguette
D: Hardly had time again, had some
A: 2 vodkas, half a bulmers, about 1 and a half bottles of rose

Sunday (Hungover)
Couldn't eat a thing today!! Everything kept coming back up. Managed an apple at about 9 at night lol

6lb loss this week! woo hoo, that's 11lb altogether!

Last edited:
Soo happy with my weigh loss this week, I weighed myself sunday instead of monday, but if I had just waited I weighed myself today (monday) and I am another pound lighter, 14st 8lbs, never mind though I will count that in next weeks loss and going to keep my weight as 14stone 9lbs just now.

I fell off the wagon big style! :cry:

Under a lot of stress atm, as my dads going thru some stuff which is taking its toll as were so worried. hopefully will be back on track today :D Well done on your loss hunny xxxx

Aw hope everything turns out okay with your dad, don't worry, just get back on track if you can, just think of that wedding dress! lol

l/Kirsty xx

Woo hoo! Just convinced my pal Jackie to come to a bums, tums and thighs class with me next wednesday night, really really wanted to go buy not on my own! lol thank god she said yeah, hopefully that will help with my weight loss and toning up for my hol! xx

At the weekend - I have such a bad habbit of drinking at the weekends as I am always so stressed during the week I need it to destress (need to think of something else to destress)

Yoga might be an alternative to think about? its exercise and supposed to be really good for relieving stress but in the mean time you can swap the wine for spirits with diet mixers...

pub measure of vodka and diet coke is 56 cals
average size glass of medium white wine is 130 calories rose wine is 124 a glass

If you really prefer wine to spirits though I know weight watchers do a range and can be bought in tesco I assume they are lower calorie than other wines but I'm not sure never tried them.

Ah, Friday at last! xx

Yoga might be an alternative to think about? its exercise and supposed to be really good for relieving stress but in the mean time you can swap the wine for spirits with diet mixers...

pub measure of vodka and diet coke is 56 cals
average size glass of medium white wine is 130 calories rose wine is 124 a glass

If you really prefer wine to spirits though I know weight watchers do a range and can be bought in tesco I assume they are lower calorie than other wines but I'm not sure never tried them.

Hm yoga, iv never tried it lol

Yeah but sometimes i end up drinking far too much vodka lol

haha I know that feeling, I can drink vodka like its going out of fashion but 2 glasses of wine and I'm anybodies.

Lol yeah same! he he.

I'm in agony today, the backs of my arms are so sore, have been to the gym 4 times this week, but last nite done some new weight machines and must have pused myself too much cos it's so sore today. Going swimming tomorrow with David so hopefully the pain will be gone by then lol xx

Back