Kirsty's pregnancy and new Mummy diary- from 30 weeks onwards!

Weigh in day and I'm now 14st 2lbs :eek: that's a gain of 2.5lbs!! I read somewhere that you do gain a lot of weight as this stage of pregnancy but still...
It means I'm just 1lb away for gaining 3st so far! Aim now is to keep under 15st...
And I've eaten ok this week, only one meal out, maybe a few too many treats but never mind...
Been out to do the food shop this morning, just chilling this afternoon until my parents and sister arrive.
Really need to get started on my hospital bag and organising and washing baby's clothes- I'm well aware I have just over 6 weeks left or 3 weeks if baby puts in an early appearance like Mummy is hoping!

Today's food:

B: Jordan's country crisp strawberry cereal, an Alpen light bar
L: cheese WM roll, Walkers prawn cocktail
D: pizza and salad
S: homemade brownie

Weigh in day and I'm now 14st 2lbs :eek: that's a gain of 2.5lbs!! I read somewhere that you do gain a lot of weight as this stage of pregnancy but still... It means I'm just 1lb away for gaining 3st so far! Aim now is to keep under 15st... And I've eaten ok this week, only one meal out, maybe a few too many treats but never mind... Been out to do the food shop this morning, just chilling this afternoon until my parents and sister arrive. Really need to get started on my hospital bag and organising and washing baby's clothes- I'm well aware I have just over 6 weeks left or 3 weeks if baby puts in an early appearance like Mummy is hoping! Today's food: B: Jordan's country crisp strawberry cereal, an Alpen light bar L: cheese WM roll, Walkers prawn cocktail D: pizza and salad S: homemade brownie

I wouldn't worry about your weight now. Some people naturally gain lots. I definitely did but it's all for a good cause. Enjoy your leave before baby is here and if that means a few treats, then enjoy.
How you feeling today? X

I wouldn't worry about your weight now. Some people naturally gain lots. I definitely did but it's all for a good cause. Enjoy your leave before baby is here and if that means a few treats, then enjoy.
How you feeling today? X
I honestly thought I would be worried, but it doesn't bother me as there's nothing I can do about and I know how to get it off afterwards. I got to target once I can do it again...
It's just a little bit of a shock seeing those numbers on the scales esp as my heaviest weight was 13st 12lbs!
And it all seems to be going on bump and a little bit of bum, but my arms, legs, face are all as skinny as ever :)
I have a friend who is due a week after me and she's put on weight everywhere! Looks less pregnant than me, my bump sticks out a mile lol!
I'm not too bad, my hips ache in the mornings now even tho I sleep with like a thousand pillows!! My bump seems to have dropped a bit, even my mum said it looks lower!
Still getting heartburn but not as badly as before.
The Moses basket has arrived today and its so cute, must take a picture :) x

Here is the Moses basket for our little one- MIL brought it for us and it keeps in with our Winnie The Pooh theme in the nursery :)
In fact MIL asked if she can buy a Tigger toy for baby once it's here and I was like YES!! Tigger is my fave!!
All that's left to do in the nursery now is organise the wardrobes, and wash baby's clothes and put them away :)
Then we are picking up a changing table from my friend on the 27th and that's it :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    780.5 KB · Views: 68
Plan for today is to pop to Tesco for a few bits for dinner and make a dent in the laundry that's piling up!
Also trying out a new recipe for dinner- had it at the Chinese last weekend and it was yummy I want to make it myself! Found a recipe and it seems easy enough so fingers crossed!
Tomorrow I may start on organising the wardrobes and then we are going to my uncle's surprise 60th birthday party in the evening.
Sunday is completely clear so I'm making a roast dinner :)

Today's food:

B: Jordan's country crisp strawberry cereal
L: chicken pasta salad
D: chicken and cashew nuts in yellow bean sauce with rice
S: mini pecan Danish

Last edited:
Aww that's the same as ours :) was in Mothercare the other day and they have cot sets etc the same, very cute! X

Aww that's the same as ours :) was in Mothercare the other day and they have cot sets etc the same, very cute! X
:) WTP was the only theme for the nursery we could both agree on!!!
If we knew what we was having, it'd be Thomas the tank engine for a boy and probably something like hello kitty for a girl!
I actually think that's one of many reasons hubby didn't want to find out the sex of the baby, as if we knew its a boy, he knows I'd have everything Thomas as I'm obsessed with it! It was my fave cartoon as a kid!
Yeh we've got the cot set, I now want to fill the nursery with cuddly toys of all the WTP characters but I'm restraining myself for now as I know we'll get many gifts!! X

So cute , i feel mean i just said were having owles Pink or turquoise will decide when we found out. Didn't discuss it may be i should ask what he likes as long as its owls ha ha.

Its like decorating what you would really have in your own room if we could get away with it! X

So cute , i feel mean i just said were having owles Pink or turquoise will decide when we found out. Didn't discuss it may be i should ask what he likes as long as its owls ha ha.

Its like decorating what you would really have in your own room if we could get away with it! X
Haha that's very true!
And most men will agree with you for a quiet life!!! ;)
Hubby knows if we have a boy, he's going to have to hold me back from buying everything Thomas!!
I've even managed to convince him that we'll have Thomas as the boys middle name- he thinks its cos it's my dad name- little does he know haha!
I did actually try for Henry Thomas and he didn't make the connection! But he said no as he's not keen on the name Henry!
Are you going to find out what you're having? X

34 weeks today :eek:
That means baby could be here in as little as 3 weeks but up to 7/8 (if I go overdue) :D
Think I'm going to sort out our bedroom today, since we decorated the nursery, a lot of stuff has had to be moved into our bedroom and it's getting cluttered.
Got lots of under bed storage to use!
Off out to my uncle's 60th birthday party tonight, my friend Sarah who is also a close friend of the family, is going to be there and she's pregnant too! In fact she's due 3 days after me, so it will be bump and symptom comparison time!
It's lovely to have someone to moan about it to, who'll understand!!
It will be buffet food, but we are having dinner before we leave, simply as I can't last until 9pm with no dinner!

Today's food:

B: 2 slices WM toast with peanut butter
L: JW tuna infusions steam pot, Walkers pops
D: steak pie, mash, carrots, broccoli, sprouts
S: mini cinnamon swirl, Hartley's 10 cal jelly, a plate of buffet food and a delicious slice of Black Forest gateau

Last edited:
Ha ha henry thomas ! Does he not like percy!
Yeah will def be finding out we wan to decide name and colours etc mainly we are just too excited to wait! Scans on wednesday so not long to wait now!

Have fun organising baby's room xx

Ha ha henry thomas ! Does he not like percy!
Yeah will def be finding out we wan to decide name and colours etc mainly we are just too excited to wait! Scans on wednesday so not long to wait now!

Have fun organising baby's room xx
I did try Percy but that was a very firm no!!
We've decided on names for both boy and girl and we've gone for neutral colours.
I did want to find out but hubby didn't and I'm glad we haven't. It adds to the surprise!
I'm convinced its a girl tho and have brought a few little girly bits lol x

Did you know that Oliver is train number 11 in Thomas and friends... No coincidence of course ;) we have a Thomas rug in Oliver's room!! :)
Really?!
No I didn't, but that's fab!!!
I shall keep that quiet tho hehe!
I saw a Thomas rug and tried to convince hubby but he said 'what about if its a girl?' And I said 'well I had everything Thomas and I turned out ok!' He went quiet after that!!!
Baby will be getting a Thomas train set when it's older, regardless of its sex. (and Lego, if hubby gets his way!)
I was mad on trains and wanted a Hornby!
Oh that name is so meant to be then....

Really?! No I didn't, but that's fab!!! I shall keep that quiet tho hehe! I saw a Thomas rug and tried to convince hubby but he said 'what about if its a girl?' And I said 'well I had everything Thomas and I turned out ok!' He went quiet after that!!! Baby will be getting a Thomas train set when it's older, regardless of its sex. (and Lego, if hubby gets his way!) I was mad on trains and wanted a Hornby! Oh that name is so meant to be then....

Hee hee. Yep Oliver is a green engine. It's meant to be I say ;) x

Last night was pretty good, lots of friends and family there and lots of food lol!
My family always overdo it with buffet food and last night was no exception!!
The usual stuff like sausage rolls, sandwiches, crisps, etc and there was a delicious Black Forest gateau among the millions of desserts!
However I really suffered with heartburn and indigestion overnight to the point where I had a very bad nights sleep :-/
Still not planning on doing much today so I can rest at least.
Visiting hubby's Nan in hospital later (she's had a hip operation), walking the dogs and cooking a roast is the most I'll be doing!!

Today's food:

B: Jordan's country crisp strawberry cereal
L: sausage sandwich (2 LM red onion and rosemary and WM bread)
D: went out for dinner
S:

Last edited:
Last night was pretty good, lots of friends and family there and lots of food lol! My family always overdo it with buffet food and last night was no exception!! The usual stuff like sausage rolls, sandwiches, crisps, etc and there was a delicious Black Forest gateau among the millions of desserts! However I really suffered with heartburn and indigestion overnight to the point where I had a very bad nights sleep :-/ Still not planning on doing much today so I can rest at least. Visiting hubby's Nan in hospital later (she's had a hip operation), walking the dogs and cooking a roast is the most I'll be doing!! Today's food: B: Jordan's country crisp strawberry cereal L: sausage sandwich (2 LM red onion and rosemary and WM bread) D: roast chicken with roasties, Yorkie's, carrots, leeks, broccoli and gravy S:

Sounds nice but yes I remember that horrible heartburn near the end. I found milk and orange rennies the best. Tums were ok to start but then did nothing by the end. Hope you're ok today x

I use/ used actimel drinks to help :) with heartburn etc seemed to help

I find ice cream and yogurts work well, everyone keeps recommending a glass of milk but I really hate milk on its own!
Urgh orange rennie's! I dislike orange flavoured anything lol!!
I've got Ranitidine tablets which are amazing but my GP will only let me have one every 2 days which was ok but now the heartburn is getting worse they just aren't cutting it :(
Shall def get myself some actimal drinks x

Back