Kirsty's pregnancy and new Mummy diary- from 30 weeks onwards!

Late posting today- been enjoying the sunshine with my hubby and dogs :)
He's been gardening, I've been 'supervising' haha!!!
We're having a BBQ tomorrow which will be nice :)
I've been craving pizza so tonight we're having just that, with garlic dough balls and homemade potato wedges. Decided to buy it all from Tesco rather than forking out for Dominos, as much as we like it from there, the difference in cost is ridiculous!
Last night was good, we had a Chinese round our friends and chatted about baby stuff :)
Because of some health problems, she's only being allowed to go 4 days overdue so she'll be going in on May 28th and me on 29th if our babies don't arrive on their own :)
Means they'll likely be born close together :)

Today's food:

B: Jordan's country crips cereal
L: tuna pasta salad
D: ham and pineapple pizza, wedges and garlic dough balls
S: Skittles, ice lolly, mint choc

Happy bank holiday :)

Gorgeous weather today, think we are popping out so hubby can look for new trainers then we have some bits to do in the nursery, just putting stickers up, etc.
He's planning to take the dogs out on a walk later but a long one I think, so whilst I'll happily go, I'd have to stop every few mins and it would take ages so think I'll be staying at home, resting lol
Then later, we are having a BBQ :)
It'll be a lovely way to end the bank holiday weekend :)
And I now have just 12 days until my due date :eek: 12 days!!!!

Today's food:

B: Jordan's country crisp cereal
L: homemade pasta salad- peppers, red onions, spring onions, celery, carrots, toms, cheese, ham, chicken and extra light mayo (it was a feast!)
D: BBQ
S: several Fox's jam & cream biscuits

Last edited:
11 days to go :D
I have midwife appt tomorrow, hoping she'll tell me baby won't be too much longer lol :)
After having a lot of 'tightenings' they seem to have calmed down and all I get now is occasional niggles and the usual pelvic pressure...
Got a pot of pineapple to eat up today, maybe that'll help?!
Got to pop to the bank and post office for hubby today, will also pop into Tesco to get a few bits.
Going to do a main shop online later and get it delivered for Thursday.

Today's food:

L: homemade pasta salad (see yesterday) with cheese and mayo
D: pan fried salmon fillet on a bed of egg fried rice with peas, asparagus and spring onions
S: massive pot of pineapple

Last edited:
Wow it's really flying isn't it xx

Wow it's really flying isn't it xx
Yeh its so exciting and scary at the same time!
I was sitting outside with hubby last night enjoying a BBQ and I said to him- just think this could be the last BBQ we have child free! There may be a Moses basket outside with us at the next one :)
He's so excited, he goes off to work each day hoping his phone is gonna ring with me screaming 'I'm in labour!'
I can't wait either, I want cuddles with baby B :)
And I'm done with being pregnant! X

Aw at him getting exited, mine is too, it's lovely when there more exited than you lol :D

It really is the most amazing feeling in the world being a mum :) xx

It really is. It's a feeling like no other. I find even the most tedious of jobs (changing nappies) make me feel a sense of achievement because I know I'm making Amelia feel better and she's all clean and lovely. It's a repetitive job, and it's annoying when you've just changed your baby and then they decide to do a nice big poo straight after so you have to change her again! ;) lol but it's lovely to know they are happy. :) I absolutely love being a mum... I knew I would, but not as much as I do. The love you feel...it's undescribable. Again, when I was pregnant I knew I'd love her but you can't imagine it until you feel it if that makes sense! :) Can be hard at times, but what you get back more than makes up for the tough times. You'll love it :) xx

I know you haven't really enjoyed pregnancy, but try and enjoy these last few days/weeks. You might surprise yourself and really miss it. ;) I had a great one, but towards the end I was so big and my back was killing, I was uncomfortable, sleep-deprived etc and I never thought I'd miss it. Turns out it's just like labour and you forget about all the pain :) - hence us trying for no 2 at the end of the year lol!

Enjoy hun :) Not long now and your baby will be here xxx

It really is. It's a feeling like no other. I find even the most tedious of jobs (changing nappies) make me feel a sense of achievement because I know I'm making Amelia feel better and she's all clean and lovely. It's a repetitive job, and it's annoying when you've just changed your baby and then they decide to do a nice big poo straight after so you have to change her again! ;) lol but it's lovely to know they are happy. :) I absolutely love being a mum... I knew I would, but not as much as I do. The love you feel...it's undescribable. Again, when I was pregnant I knew I'd love her but you can't imagine it until you feel it if that makes sense! :) Can be hard at times, but what you get back more than makes up for the tough times. You'll love it :) xx I know you haven't really enjoyed pregnancy, but try and enjoy these last few days/weeks. You might surprise yourself and really miss it. ;) I had a great one, but towards the end I was so big and my back was killing, I was uncomfortable, sleep-deprived etc and I never thought I'd miss it. Turns out it's just like labour and you forget about all the pain :) - hence us trying for no 2 at the end of the year lol! Enjoy hun :) Not long now and your baby will be here xxx
I'm trying to enjoy my last few child free week(s) as much as I can, it won't be long before the house isn't quiet anymore lol! Xx

Well an eventful morning so far- MW appt went well, baby is very low, still 3/5 engaged but it's all looking good.
Next appt is booked for the 20th, when I'll technically be 3 days overdue, so I'm hoping that the next time I actually see my MW will be in hospital with baby B :)
Popped to the bank for hubby- got back into car, wouldn't start!
Turns out it's a flat battery great. :(
So I've no choice but to walk home from bank, which is about 20 mins, not ideal but it may help things move along!
Plus I've stopped in a little coffee shop on the way and currently having a drink and a muffin!
Every cloud has a silver lining and all that!
Hubby is going to come and collect me in a few hours so he can jump start my car and get it home.
So don't think I'll be doing much else today!!

Today's food:

L: homemade pasta salad with cheese and mayo
D: spaghetti bolognese
S: blueberry muffin

Well an eventful morning so far- MW appt went well, baby is very low, still 3/5 engaged but it's all looking good. Next appt is booked for the 20th, when I'll technically be 3 days overdue, so I'm hoping that the next time I actually see my MW will be in hospital with baby B :) Popped to the bank for hubby- got back into car, wouldn't start! Turns out it's a flat battery great. :( So I've no choice but to walk home from bank, which is about 20 mins, not ideal but it may help things move along! Plus I've stopped in a little coffee shop on the way and currently having a drink and a muffin! Every cloud has a silver lining and all that! Hubby is going to come and collect me in a few hours so he can jump start my car and get it home. So don't think I'll be doing much else today!! Today's food: B: Jordan's country crisp cereal L: homemade pasta salad with cheese and mayo D: spaghetti bolognese S: blueberry muffin

What a morning eh but getting a cake is always good. Glad baby B is doing well. Not long to see if there is another Oliver Thomas in the world :) x

What a morning eh but getting a cake is always good. Glad baby B is doing well. Not long to see if there is another Oliver Thomas in the world :) x
Yeh the muffin was totally worth it! I could have eaten 2 but just about managed to behave myself hehe!
10 days until due date, MW thinks I won't go much over, if at all, but I'm sure they say that to every woman!
Must admit I've been in a lot of pain since I got home- backache and tightenings but I'm not are they are contractions. They don't seem that painful... But we'll see...
My sister in law's birthday is Friday (9th) and she wants baby born then, she's so excited so maybe baby knows and is considering arriving on his/her's aunt's birthday?!?!
I'm currently trying to convince hubby to give baby 2 middle names if it's a boy as I want my late grandad's name in there too- so it'd be Oliver Thomas Lionel- but he's not convinced! X

Not long now you never know it could be the start of something .. My contractions started off as a dull tummy ache I thought nothing of it til they worsened and I realised I was actually having contractions. Xxx

Not long now you never know it could be the start of something .. My contractions started off as a dull tummy ache I thought nothing of it til they worsened and I realised I was actually having contractions. Xxx
That's exactly what I'm getting! It's like horrible period pains, the crampy sort, and they are getting worse.... X

Are the pains coming and going? Xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I seem to have a constant ache, just like when it's my period, but the pain does seem to be coming and going quite frequently.... I managed to sleep last night, which makes me think it isn't contractions, but it's got worse this morning... I just hope baby B isn't teasing me and actually wants to come out now! X

I seem to have a constant ache, just like when it's my period, but the pain does seem to be coming and going quite frequently.... I managed to sleep last night, which makes me think it isn't contractions, but it's got worse this morning... I just hope baby B isn't teasing me and actually wants to come out now! X

It could still be the start of things :) x do you have a constant pain, but then every now and again the pain gets worse for a bit? Xx

It could still be the start of things :) x do you have a constant pain, but then every now and again the pain gets worse for a bit? Xx

Yeh that's exactly it! X

Eek fingers crossed you're in labour :) xx

Back