Kirsty's pregnancy and new Mummy diary- from 30 weeks onwards!

Well done for getting back on plan food wise :)
Love the t shirt x
The t shirt my sister brought for Oliver, she thought it was approipate lol!

Food has been a bit hit and miss this week but I desperately want my club 10 award so that's my focus for this week :) x

So far this week, I've managed one day on plan (Friday), the other 2 days have been more like 80% on plan...
Today has been good so far and I've decided I'm going to do Success Express for 3 days from tomorrow as I really want to get my club 10 award this week!

So today:

Extra Easy

A- 350ml skimmed milk
B- 27g Quaker multigrain oats

Breakfast: A&B with 1tsp Nutella (1.5 Syns), coffee made with milk (from A) x2

Lunch: jacket potato with beans, pasta n sauce and a side of green beans

Mid afternoon: coffee made with milk (from A), Curly Wurly (6)

Dinner: BBQ- homemade burgers, chicken kebabs, BBQ peppers, salad
Walkers pops melted cheese and bacon (4)
Chomp (6)

Daily Syns: 17.5/15

Last edited:
I need to rant- talking with hubby about me going back to work... As it stands I'll be going back 2 days a week whilst mum and MIL take care of Oliver... However money wise we'll be worse off then we are now, with me on stat maternity pay!!!
So it looks like I'll have to work a 3rd day... Something I'm very reluctant to do... If MIL can afford to drop another day at work then she'd look after Oliver, which I'd be ok with...
The other option is we pay for private childcare... The problem is, if we did that, I'd be bringing home about £10-£15 for that day and whilst I get that it's £10-£15 a week more than we'd have if I only worked 2 days, I really really don't want to give up another day with my son for £10-£15! Esp as it would be with someone other than family...
But hubby doesn't see it like that, he sees the money not how it'd affect me emotionally...

Am I just being silly??

I need to rant- talking with hubby about me going back to work... As it stands I'll be going back 2 days a week whilst mum and MIL take care of Oliver... However money wise we'll be worse off then we are now, with me on stat maternity pay!!! So it looks like I'll have to work a 3rd day... Something I'm very reluctant to do... If MIL can afford to drop another day at work then she'd look after Oliver, which I'd be ok with... The other option is we pay for private childcare... The problem is, if we did that, I'd be bringing home about £10-£15 for that day and whilst I get that it's £10-£15 a week more than we'd have if I only worked 2 days, I really really don't want to give up another day with my son for £10-£15! Esp as it would be with someone other than family... But hubby doesn't see it like that, he sees the money not how it'd affect me emotionally... Am I just being silly??

About to jump into the bath but just quickly, totally understand where you're coming from. Could you work a couple of hours one evening? So do two days when the parents looks after Oliver and then one evening when hubby looks after him? That way you don't need to pay for childcare and therefore you can work less hours than three whole days? Just an idea. This is assuming you can do evenings!! X

About to jump into the bath but just quickly, totally understand where you're coming from. Could you work a couple of hours one evening? So do two days when the parents looks after Oliver and then one evening when hubby looks after him? That way you don't need to pay for childcare and therefore you can work less hours than three whole days? Just an idea. This is assuming you can do evenings!! X
I've already mentioned that and hubby said no, for 2 reasons:

1: I'm not an evening person (his words not mine!!)
2: it'd mean he'd have to do all the Oliver related stuff, which although of course he doesn't mind, it would be extra stress on him to get home from work in time for me to go and plus he often has to do office work in the evenings...

So I don't know really... I'd much rather not work at all, but we'd be entitled to nothing as hubby is self employed and earns too much, which is a joke as he doesn't, but according to HMRC he does!!!
Wish I could just be a full time mummy xx

Its hard isnt it.

My sister went full time and after full time child care she got £50 a month which she didn't think was worth it so stayed at home. But £50 a month is quite a lot even now you have extra expenses!

Could you have a look at saving the money you would make at work somewhere else like food shop? There are forums on moneysaving site (blacksabath meal planner etc) that plan meals on a budget, may be if you could do that hubby would agree.

On the other hand going out to work could be good for you having a break in routine- im sure i will feel the same as you when its time to go back x

Its hard isnt it. My sister went full time and after full time child care she got £50 a month which she didn't think was worth it so stayed at home. But £50 a month is quite a lot even now you have extra expenses! Could you have a look at saving the money you would make at work somewhere else like food shop? There are forums on moneysaving site (blacksabath meal planner etc) that plan meals on a budget, may be if you could do that hubby would agree. On the other hand going out to work could be good for you having a break in routine- im sure i will feel the same as you when its time to go back x
Thanks for that :)
This is the thing- I enjoy my job and I love the people, I've got a lot of good friends there, so I don't really want to give it up, esp as once Oliver starts preschool I'd want a job, esp if we don't have a second child...
It's just the money... I'd rather be at home with my son, I don't want to work a 9 hour day for £15!
And that's being generous- we found out that a local nursery near me charges the same per day as what I earn!! So unless private childcare is cheaper, no chance.... X

Iv no idea what ill be doing, was hoping work will reduce my hours and do two nights a week, but thing is i will have to finish a night when hubby's off so we will never get a day off together , but i have said that we will have to take turns booking a days annual leave off every other week.

I work for nhs and can get child care vouchers before tax etc but i work hospital shifts and then don't have child care that early!

Maybe look at a childminder, if they don't have too many children Oliver should get more attention then nursery maybe?

I would like to qualify being a childminder no care costs for my own and they charge a quite a bit! X

Really off plan today.... Monthly hormones have kicked in big time and I've consumed my own body weight in chocolate... :-/
Feeling very :( but on the plus side I put Oliver to bed at half 7 and we normally spend a good hour settling him... Tonight within 15 mins he was sound asleep :)
Mummy has the touch haha :p

Really off plan today.... Monthly hormones have kicked in big time and I've consumed my own body weight in chocolate... :-/ Feeling very :( but on the plus side I put Oliver to bed at half 7 and we normally spend a good hour settling him... Tonight within 15 mins he was sound asleep :) Mummy has the touch haha :p

Sorry to hear today has been tough. How are you both feeling now? Hugs x

Sorry to hear today has been tough. How are you both feeling now? Hugs x

Thanks
I've just had one of those days where chocolate was the only solution lol!!!
I'm still quite bunged up but Oliver seems better and after he went to sleep at 7:30 so well, he woke at 8:30, took a 7oz bottle, nappy change and back asleep at 9!
He's sound :)
Either I have the touch (hubby has been out) or he's just tired... Most likely the latter but I'd like to think it was the former haha :p
Tomorrow he has his 16 week jabs :( x

I know that you'd like to think that you have the touch, but I just think that it's Oliver being an incredibly smart baby. Even at just over 3 months he knows not to mess with a PMSing woman!!! ;) :D

Hope he does ok after jabs and that the sleep regression holds off until you feel better xx

Thanks girls :)

He actually right through until 6!!
Best nights sleep I've had in ages!
He had a bottle, been playing with his toys and he's now falling asleep again just as I need to get him ready! Typical! X

16 week jabs done and no more now until May- yay glad that's all done :)
He cried a bit, but back in the buggy with his dummy and comforter and he went to sleep :)
Can't believe he's 16 weeks old, it's going way too fast- I want a newborn again! X

Little monkey is feeding himself!!

image-3642128678.jpg

Today's food:

RED

A- 350ml skimmed milk

B- 27g Quaker multigrain oats
B- HiFi salted caramel

Breakfast- A&B with 1tsp Nutella (1.5 Syns), coffee made with milk (from A)

Lunch- pear, apple, Walkers pops melted cheese and bacon (4 Syns)

Mid afternoon- coffee made with milk (from A), 6 chunks of Cadbury wholenut (9 Syns), HiFi salted caramel (B)

Dinner: homemade meatballs served with asparagus, leeks, carrots and toms

Daily Syns: 14.5

Back