Knocked confidence :(

Hi everyone, Just thought I would post to get this off my chest! I have been doing ok and lost 1 stone 2 so far and 8 pounds last week so starting to feel good about myself (which is very rare for me!) and thinking 'I can do this'. Until yesterday. I was in a supermarket car park and some stupid kid shouted 'Lose some weight! Fatty!' in front of a lot of people, making me feel totally humiliated. Now i feel like absolute crap and cant stop thinking about it. I don't know why i'm letting it bother me so much (not the first that something like this has happened!) but I've totally lost all the good feelings :(

LC,
That's awful - hope that kid will get the bad karma right back at him.
But don't let it bother you. You are doing this for you and you'll be amazing at it reaching your goal. Think how wonderful you'll feel when you look slimmer, healthier, and can wear what smaller clothes you'd like to wear or whatever is your motivation.
I've written myself some goals down for me to think of, big and small, some silly, like more room on the plane, others about health, and some to do w my vanity! Have you done that? I look at them daily and they keep me focused :) and the losses I've seen so far!
Stay strong and positive and good luck
BCx

Thank you blondcarrot. I'm trying to stay strong and I resisted going straight to McDoanlds last night! lol. Yes I started to write a pros and cons list when I first started so I think I need to dig it out and have a read. I'm sure I will have moved on by tomorrow but just needed to share it. Like you said I am doing this for me! x

I made a thread the other day called 'Sticks & stones will break my bones, but names will make me work harder'
My mums boyfriend called me a 'fat ***** for life' last week & although he is quite frankly nobody to me, and plays no part in my life whats so ever,
his words stuck with me. I've lost 4 stone in 15 weeks, i am MORE than proud of myself.. but this journey is tough and there will always be bumps in the road. Its how you continue on the same road what matters.

'Sticks & stones will break my bones, but names will make me work harder'

I love this!

Hun please keep strong and with it. Well done for not caving last night. I have been in your position and even had a group of lads say i looked like nadia from big brother (meaning manly) ruined my night and I had already lost about 3 stone.
Although not entirely happy look where I am now? (not blowing my own trumpet) but just trying to emphasise where this diet can get you. People shout at me in the street now for different reasons ;) xx

Back