Knocked out of the big K?

The tyranny of the scales :D

What do you mean Jim?lol

I was just remebering what a scaleaholic I was Sophs, I couldn't pass the bathroom without stripping off and weighing myself, often 6 or 7 times a day. :)

I think in the beginning, when you go on a diet to lose quite a bit of weight, it's because you're slightly desperate, especially if you choose to go as 'drastic' as low carb. Therefore, you're anxious to see if it's working, hence the constant weighing. Thats how it is for me. As it seems to be coming off I'm finding I dont need to weigh several times a day, if anything it's about every other day now for me.

Hello, my name is Sophie and I am a scale addict (clap)
Today, I was at my partners house, so could not weigh on my scales and have refrained from doing so since getting home. This is my first day in 7 weeks I have not sneeked a peek! (clap)

I am a total addict. I itch to get a 50 p out everytime I am in boots or see the ones by the toilets in the shopping centre. If I win, I feel like an addict going through withdrawal lol

Wow, that's addiction! But the first step is admitting you have a problem, so well done Sophs! (clap)

Let me jut say I'm an addict too :sigh: but I'm trying nto to weight every other day, but I failed miserable this week :cry: and I dont have the will power to throw them out. Wednesday I'm going on vacation for 3 weeks so I wont have a scale while I'm away so i figure might as well weigh myself as much now LOL.. Also I'm sticking to my diet plan while I'm away. Going on vacation and eating myself silly isnt the right thing to do. Like someone quoted on here " I'm not going to be beaten by cake'. Ive worked too hard to lose the weight I have not to gain it back because I dont have control.

Well done More, you can still enjoy your holiday. X

Thanks jar but I'm not going to gain the weight back because i dont have control. That's how I got fat in the beginning. I can go on holiday and have a good time and eat sensible and stay on my diet. I can and will do it!!

Thats what I like about this woe. You can usually work round it, whereas some other eating plans make it a bit harder. You'll be fine, and even if you do have the occasional slip you know you can start over without too much damage - just enjoy the holiday and know you'll make the right decisions. X

exactly jar.. but im determined to stick to my eating plan...

Good for you sweetie! Good luck. X

Good for you morenachica, where are you going, anywhere nice? Mind you living in Italy, I would call that nice. :D

Hey Jim, I wil say living in Italy and vacationing in Italy are VERY different. Italy is beautiful and all but I need to escape from all the tourist here during july and August and go back to my country. I'm going back hone to the US and also out west to visit friends in California, Utah, Nevada and of course Miami..

No I'm not going to let food beat me! I can go on vacation and eat sensible and still lose weight.

LOL, I know what you mean about the tourists, When we lived in cyprus we always went home in August on Holiday to avoid the masses coming to Cyprus. LOL

Hey Jim it's a headache! I can imagine Cyprus haven't been there but been to Athens and the Islands a few time when I lived in Bursa, Turkey. Loved the food!!
Yes tourist all over the place and it's annoying. So I go home for peace and quiet. In the US this 1 month of vacation doesnt exists and in August is when schools and some universities start back so it's perfect. Miami on theother hand there are a lot of Europeans on the beach in August so I avoid South Beach at all costs but only the tourists go there us locals go to the local beaches in North Miami Beach and stay away from those tourist traps..

I bet love, It'll be nice for you seeing your friends again.

Back