Lady A's Banquet

Lady A

Loves to Shop!
Hi Everyone,

My name is Aisha and I've been doing slimming world from home since 6th January 2011 and have lost a dress size and have had lots of inspiration by looking at everyones diaries and advice on here so I thought I'd start my own food diary to keep me on track. I have been doing only green days up until yesterday but I'm feeling brave so have decided to give extra easy a go to add more variety to my meals :eek:. Please feel free to comment or give me a kick up the posterior if you feel that it is required.

Monday 21/02/2011 - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2 Weetabix (HexB) and Fat free vanilla yogurt. Tea with skimmed milk (part HexA).

Snack- Pear and Green tea

Lunch - Tandoori Chicken, baked Chilli n Lemon Mogo (casava) chips, tomato ketchup (2 syns) and salad.

Snack - Cadbury's Highlights made with remaining HexA allowance (2 syns)

Dinner - Moong Dhal with boiled rice and cucumber, lettuce, tomato & red onion salad.

Rest of my syns will be used on dessert which will be 12 syn sponge cake recipe from the recipe thread which I made 24 cup cakes out of (so 1/2 syn each) and then topped them with 2 tbsp of melted nutella (8 syns) which makes them around a syn each so I'll have 2 with some chopped fruit.

Total Syns: 6

Last edited:
Ai hai hai, that dessert sounds like heaven! And it totally blows my frozen total 0% fat yoghurt with vanilla essence and mushed strawberries right out of the water! xxx

Which yoghurt do you have that's fat free? I can't find any that says 'fat free' only muller lights or 0% total greek yoghurt so far!

Ai hai hai, that dessert sounds like heaven! And it totally blows my frozen total 0% fat yoghurt with vanilla essence and mushed strawberries right out of the water! xxx

Mmmm had it yesterday and it was yum but I used around 14 tbsp of sweetner in the 12 syn cake recipe as 6 tbsp really isn't enough ;) I'd fed ex you some if I could lol!

Which yoghurt do you have that's fat free? I can't find any that says 'fat free' only muller lights or 0% total greek yoghurt so far!

Hi hanloje,

I use sainsbury's own brand 0.1% fat vanilla yogurts as they have no gelatine. What I meant to type was they are a 'free food' I think the activia one's are fat free too if that helps. :)

Last edited:
Mmm what a yummy diary! xx

Thank you rumbletummy. I must say my tummy is very happy today :D I really enjoyed my very first extra easy day and my whole family enjoyed what I cooked which is good as I need to keep my lovely mummy on track as she is on SW with me. I must pop over and find your diary as I want to keep my menus as varied as possible. :)

Hello Lady A,

Your Nutella fairy cakes sound so great! :D Nothing like the Scan Bran spread with Nutella my consultant suggested, suppose thats one way of making them taste better ;)

Keep up the good work :happy096:

Hello Lady A,
really enjoyed reading your food diary, have you got any other suggestions for the use a Nutella!!!
thanks

fatboyslim123

Hi Fatboyslim123,

Glad you enjoyed reading my food diary the nutella cup cakes seem to be a hit and sure did taste yum. I can't think of anything other than the low syn ferrero rocher recipe in the recipe thread that I have used it for since beginning SW but I'll investigate for you as I still have half a jar to get through!

Hello Lady A,

Your Nutella fairy cakes sound so great! :D Nothing like the Scan Bran spread with Nutella my consultant suggested, suppose thats one way of making them taste better ;)Keep up the good work :happy096:

Hey hun I'm sorry but scan bran is not one of my fave's as I find it tastes like cardboard. I'd rather dip some chopped up fruit in it or mix it into my porridge...mmm!

xx

Hi peeps. I've had a lovely day out in Sloane Square with my friend today and had my hair cut in Chelsea so feel really good as I had a lovely head massage there too :)

Tuesday 22nd Frebruary - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2 Weetabix (Hex B) , Vanilla Yogurt and Banana

Lunch - Jacket Potato, Cheese, Beans and Salad

Snack - Starbucks Skinny Vanilla Latte with Sugar Free Vanilla syrup.

Dinner - Lamb mince, Potato & Pea Curry with Boiled Rice & Salad

Dessert - 2 Nutella Cupcakes (2 syns)

Syns for the day - 2 & Maybe some for the latte but don't know & won't stress as I watched the lady make it with skimmed milk which is my Hex A & I know sugar free syrup is free & I haven't slipped up on syns once since I began SW....oh I'm gonna stop typing & eat my cupcakes now lol!

Over n Out!

Hi all I made the butter chicken recipe out of the latest SW magazine and it came out really nice. Even my dad loved it and he belives that curry's should be cooked in the best ghee one can find but I did my best to please & cooked it in Fry light better than butter instead. I did double up on the onions and whizzed them in the blender though as this makes the sauce lovely and thick.

Wednesday 23rd February - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Weetabix (HexB) with Vanilla Yogurt and Tea with Skimmed Milk (part HexA)

Snack - Banana & Green Tea

Lunch - Butter Chicken, Boiled Rice and Salad (cucumber, grated carrot, lettuce, red onion & Tomato) NAS squash

Snack - 1 chocolate eclair (1.5 syns)

Dinner - Butter Chicken, Boiled Rice and Salad (cucumber, grated carrot, lettuce, red onion & Tomato) Pepsi Max (This may change as I'm still pretty full from lunch so may make an omlette using the butter chicken and have it with salad)

Dessert - Hmmmm....I was thinking of having a Skinny Cow Skinny Dipper Lolly (3 syns) with a banana but this may change.

Totoal syns for the Day - 4.5 :)

You're doing so well mA! Putting me to absolute shame though, I'm finding it really hard to stay on track for longer than a day :( Fingers crossed today is better- I think I'll go buy the new magazine in a bit :) Send me some butter chicken! xxx

Thanks hun. I'm actually enjoying it as I can still eat the food that I like and I've seen a dress in LK bennet and one in French Connection which I'd like to buy. I'm a size 12 at the moment but would prefer to buy them in a 10 if you know what I mean ;)

You Missy have done so well and you should be really proud of yourself cos the last time I was 8st 12lb was probably at the age of 10! I know you've got a lot on with uni but you can do it just try n vary your meals or tell me what you've got in your fridge and I've do you a mock meal plan that's mummy n bacha friendly lol!

Ps go get the magazine cos they've also got a veg curry & a gobi gosht recipe that I may try later on in the week.

Thanks hun. I'm actually enjoying it as I can still eat the food that I like and I've seen a dress in LK bennet and one in French Connection which I'd like to buy. I'm a size 12 at the moment but would prefer to buy them in a 10 if you know what I mean ;)

You Missy have done so well and you should be really proud of yourself cos the last time I was 8st 12lb was probably at the age of 10! I know you've got a lot on with uni but you can do it just try n vary your meals or tell me what you've got in your fridge and I've do you a mock meal plan that's mummy n bacha friendly lol!

Ps go get the magazine cos they've also got a veg curry & a gobi gosht recipe that I may try later on in the week.

I know what you mean about buying them in a 10 ;) And before I forget, whose turn is it to message back? If it's mine, I'm sorry!

Uni is seriously the least of it - things are just all over the place at home. My dad passed away in November, mum's still in iddat, everyone is coming and going, some days we just can't be assed cooking, plus our kitchen is a freezer (I kid you not, you could leave a frozen chicken in there overnight and it wouldn't defrost) which means everyone is all bleh about who'll cook. It's usually me, but my sister is really fussy with eating 'diet food' just because she's one of those people who can eat a pack of biscuits and two litres of chocolate milk a day and not gain weight :mad:

Went to get the magazine but Asda was closed! Tomorrow it is :) I was looking for it in Tesco Metro the other day, and I had a look in a couple of newsagents too... But after reading how much your dad loved the butter chicken, I will definitely get a copy of the mag and try it out! Must add Fry Light Buttery to the shopping list this week... :)

Looking forward to seeing what you eat tomorrow! xxx

Back