Lady A's Banquet

Lady A said:
Hello sveetheart :D

Mother Bear is doing well thanks she's lost a dress size and a bit which is great as considering she's on a high dose of steroids for sarcoidosis and they said she'll struggle with her weight. I do have to monitor her as she doesn't eat as much fruit as she should.

I've not done well super free wise today I only had a bit of salad with my dinner and forced myself to chop up a pear to have with my ice cream. I think it's the weather and I'm feeling stressy at the moment think I might get the doctor to check my thyroid levels as I'm usually due a dosage adjustment when I'm like this. I'm feeling anxious & my whole body aches like you get when you have REALLY bad flu and I just want to sleep but I can't and keep waking up. It's so annoying as I wake up at 5am every morning to make sure everything is done before work and cook when I get in. Think I'll cut up some melon and have it for breakfast tomorrow and get some prepared pineapple & grapes to munch on as I work tomorrow. I was having a mango craving but not the tasteless alien one's from the supermarkets I'm talking the juicy juicy pakistani mangoes they sell in the summer....they're lusly! xx

How you feeling now my love? Make sure you book an appointment with the doctor okay?.. Ill check up on you if you haven't x

How you feeling now my love? Make sure you book an appointment with the doctor okay?.. Ill check up on you if you haven't x

Thanks hun...I'm still feeling the same I'll make an appointment tomorrow. I need a blood test as it's probably my thyroid or I need another B12 shot which I'm dreading because they really hurt. I'll keep you posted...xx

Monday 25th April 2011 - Green

Breakfast - Omlette with onions & mixed peppers, toast (HexB), NAS squash, Tea.

Snack - Banana

Lunch - Lamb (part 2nd HexB), potato & pea curry served with cumin rice & salad. 1 bite size twix (2.5 syns)

Snack 1 - NAS crusha milkshake mix with HexA milk allowance & 1 scoop vanilla ice cream (3 syns).

Snack 2 - Apple & Tea

Snack 3 - 1 weetabix & activia fat free yogurt.

Dinner - SW chips with Nandos Peri Peri chip spice & ketchup (1 syn).

Dessert - Will be melon if I'm hungry AGAIN.

Syns - 6.5

Last edited:
OMG! I feel like I've been eating ALL day today! I feel soooooooooo exhausted so I keep munching to get energy. Thank goodness slimming world is such a generous eating plan as I can fill up on good food without feeling too guilty. I just hope my gp can get to the bottom of my tiredness.

Tuesday 26th April 2011 - Green

Breakfast - Apple, 2 weetabix (HexB), activia ff yogurt & Tea

Lunch - Jacket Potato, Beans & Pepsi Max. Bite size twix (2.5 syns)

Snack - Hot chocolate made with HexA & cadbury's highlights (2 syns)

Dinner - Vegetable Biriyaani, salad & Fanta zero

Dessert - Milk chocolate fibre plus bar (HexB 2) & Tea

Syns - 4.5

Last edited:
Hi there,
Was just wondering how u made your biryani?
I bought a proper indian packet mix from Tescos but no idea how many syns!!
Xxx

Hi there,
Was just wondering how u made your biryani?
I bought a proper indian packet mix from Tescos but no idea how many syns!!
Xxx

Hi Shell1811,

I tend to cook all of my food from scratch as I find the spices in packet mixes don't agree with me. I use the following recipe which seems to work quite well for me:

Vegetable Biriyani

Serves 4

0 syns on Extra Easy & Green

Ingredients
275g basmati rice
Frylight
1 large onion, finely sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
Thumb-size piece of fresh ginger, grated
½ tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp mild chilli powder
1 tsp ground coriander
500g mixed vegetables, prepared and cut into small pieces (we used cauliflower, red pepper, green beans and mushrooms)
6 cardamom pods, cracked
6 cloves
Small handful fresh coriander, to garnish
Method
1. Rinse and soak the rice in cold water for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat the frylight in a wide, deep flameproof and non-stick casserole dish with a tight-fitting lid over a medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 10 minutes. Add the garlic, fresh ginger and ground spices and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in the vegetables and 150ml water, cover and cook gently for 3-4 minutes. Season with plenty of freshly ground black pepper and set aside.
3. Preheat the oven to 150°C/fan130°C/gas 2. Drain the rice. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, add the rice and whole spices and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain and gently fold into the onion and vegetable mixture in the casserole – don’t overmix as you want some rice to stay white and some to be streaked with turmeric.
4. Place the casserole back over a high heat, cover and cook for 1 minute to build up steam. Transfer to the oven for 15 minutes, until the rice and vegetables are tender.

Hope you enjoy it xx

Hey darling, how you feeling? X

Hey hunny I'm still having my energy slumps so will be going to the vampires on thursday so they can test my blood. I'll be cross if it comes back ok as the only other explanation will be that I'm getting old lol! I really hope it's not my Iron as my dad told me that he'll be cooking me liver if it's that :yuk:

Lady A said:
Hey hunny I'm still having my energy slumps so will be going to the vampires on thursday so they can test my blood. I'll be cross if it comes back ok as the only other explanation will be that I'm getting old lol! I really hope it's not my Iron as my dad told me that he'll be cooking me liver if it's that :yuk:

InshaAllah you'll be better soon *hug*

Xx

Wednesday 27th April 2011 - Green

Breakfast - Banana, 2 weetabix & 100ml skimmed milk. Tea with 25ml skimmed milk.

Lunch - Veg Biriyaani, salad & Fanta zero

Snack - Latte made with remaining HexA 1 allowance & 2 ginger nut biscuits (5 syns)

Dinner - Smash pizza made topped with passata, red onions, mixed peppers, sweetcorn, herbs & 42g mozzerella (HexA 2).

Dessert - Milk Chocolate fibre plus bar & scoop of wall's soft scoop light (3 syns)

Syns - 8

Last edited:
I've only had a total of 43 syns this week & tomorrow is the start of my slimming world week but it's my gorgeous nephew's 4th birthday tomorrow and we're celebrating on Friday and I'm defo gonna have a slice of cake without feeling guilty :17729:

Last edited:
Thursday 28th April 20110 - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2 weetabix (HexB), 150ml skimmed milk (Part HexA) & Tea.

Snack - Apple & Tea

Lunch - Chicken pasta salad. 2 mini cadbury's cream eggs (5 syns).

Snack - Tea

Dinner - Lamb Karahi (1 syn), chickpea curry served with cumin rice & salad.

Dessert - Came home & my mummy had bought me Skinny cow caramel shortcake ice cream so we'll be trying those later on at 4.5 syns :)

Syns - 10.5

Last edited:
Just had my first Skinny cow caramel shortcake ice cream and was pleasantly surprised. I was expecting a sickly fake caramel taste but it's lovely. I may try it over banana next time....xx

Back