Lady A's Banquet

Thanks Annya! My weight loss is so stop n start because of my thyroid & I had a off-plan dinner on Tuesday I really was surprised to see a loss but I'm happy :bliss:

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

It might sounds strange, but sometimes I have better loses when I am not quite so "straight and narrow" :confused: I have a feeling that if I am being really strict that I don't eat enough!

I am also an "up and down loser" as I am on long-term steroids (I have had a pancreatic cell transplant) and it can really affect my loses if the dosage has to be increased, as it does sometimes :(

Ah well, onwards and downwards my lovely - we will get there in the end :)

Annya said:
It might sounds strange, but sometimes I have better loses when I am not quite so "straight and narrow" :confused: I have a feeling that if I am being really strict that I don't eat enough!

I am also an "up and down loser" as I am on long-term steroids (I have had a pancreatic cell transplant) and it can really affect my loses if the dosage has to be increased, as it does sometimes :(

Ah well, onwards and downwards my lovely - we will get there in the end :)

Yep our bodies can be temperamental at times and sometimes we just need to listen to them and give em some grease lol! My mum is on steroids as she developed COPD after chemotherapy so some weeks she loses and other weeks I do. I've bought the Zumba DVD set and I'm really enjoying it so far so that should help things along a bit. We will get there hun it may take a little longer thank we'd like but we definitely will. Xx

Woke up with a banging headache today :( so I've just had two paracetamol advanced after my porridge and I'm hoping I'll be ok after my tea because I'm doing Zumba at 11am :banana dancer:

Friday 12th August 2011 - Green

Breakfast - Porridge a la Shrimpy (HexB 1 & part HexA), 2 pain killers & a tea

Lunch - 2 quorn sausages (2 syns) with onion @ tomato omelette & baked beans with spices.

Snacks - Tea & caramel snackAjacks (5 syns).

Bowl of melon & nectarine.

Dinner - Dhaal, cumin rice & salad

Dessert - Milk chocolate Fibre plus bar (HexB 2) broken into a pot of activia ff vanilla yogurt.

Syns - 7

Last edited:
Nani-day 13th August 2011 - EE

Zumba sculpt & tone DVD completed

Breakfast - Baby banana, porridge with grated apple, cinnamon & milk & a tea.

Lunch before Nani's - Keema rice & salad

Sneaky snack at Nani's - banana, yogurt & tea :giggle:

Dinner after Nani's- Keema rice and salad

Afters - 3 chocolate chip jumbo snackAjacks (9 syns)

Syns - 9

Last edited:
Sunday 14th August 2011 - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Porridge with grated apple, cinnamon, sweetener & 180ml skimmed milk and a tea.

Zumba cardio party DVD

Lunch - Omelette made with Keema, onions, green chillies, spices and fresh corriander all served with a big salad.

Dinner - Grilled lamb tikka served with butternut squash and White potato chips

Dessert - Cadbury's mini fingers toffee crunch (6 syns) & Walls soft scoop light (1.5 syns)

Syns - 7.5

Last edited:
Monday 15th August 2011

Breakfast - All-bran, activia ff vanilla yogurt, banana & tea

Snack - Pear & Tea

Lunch - Cous Cous with roast veg

Snack - hot milk (HexA) & honey (3 syns)

Dinner - Baked Pangasius fish with BNS wedges

Dessert - Tea & 3 ginger nut biscuits (7.5 syns)

Syns - 10.5

Last edited:
Hey, them's is half updates!!! Glad you have lost 2lbs- well done skinny mini! :D

Mmmm porridge!

Shrimpy said:
Hey, them's is half updates!!! Glad you have lost 2lbs- well done skinny mini! :D

Mmmm porridge!

Sorry miss....I have completed my diary now :eek:

I waited soooooooooo patiently to re-lose those 2lbs I hope I lose some more on thursday too :fingerscrossed:

Thank you for introducing me to porridge a la shrimpy - it's yum :eat:

Last edited:
Tuesday 16th August 2011 - Green

Breakfast - Porridge with grated apple, cinnamon, sweetener & skimmed milk.

Did the Zumba live DVD at a slow pace - didn't go crazy as I'm still not 100% well yet.

Lunch - Dhaal, rice, salad & a tbsp of tamarind sauce (1 syn)

Snack - 3 pagen crisp rolls (hexb 2) with sweetened quark & a tea

Dinner - BNS wedges with sweet chilli sauce (2 syns)

Dessert - Double chocolate Alpen light bar (3 syns) broken into an activia ff vanilla yogurt

Syns - 6

Last edited:
My fingers are crossed for you too!! :)

Mmmmmmmm BNS wedges! I wonder what I'm having for dinner. LOL

Shrimpy said:
My fingers are crossed for you too!! :)

Mmmmmmmm BNS wedges! I wonder what I'm having for dinner. LOL

Ta Shrimpy!

I ditched the quorn sausages and had a plate full of BNS wedges with sweet chilli sauce. It tasted illegal! Xx

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! :D

Wednesday 17th August 2011 - EE

Breakfast - Melon, wm toast (HexB) with quark & jam (1.5 syns)

Lunch - Dhaal, rice & salad followed by cadbury's mini fingers toffee crunch (6 syns) & a tea.

Snack - Nectarine & activia ff vanilla yogurt.

Dinner - Lamb & potato curry with rice & salad

Desert - Hot chocolate made with HexA, tsp of green & blacks cocoa powder (1 syn) & sweetener.

Syns - 8.5

Last edited:
OMG Aisha thank you sooooooooo much for the cumin rice recipe. Amazing!!! The BEST rice I ever cooked! Will be picking your brain for more authentic recipes soon lol!

How do you make your dhaal?

Honeyoc said:
OMG Aisha thank you sooooooooo much for the cumin rice recipe. Amazing!!! The BEST rice I ever cooked! Will be picking your brain for more authentic recipes soon lol!

How do you make your dhaal?

See you'll never wanna have boring plain boiled rice with your curries ever again!

Dhal ingredients:

1 mug of lentils (any variety but I always use dried)
1 1/2 mugs water
I chopped onion
Tbsp each of pressed garlic an ginger
90ml pasata
Finely chopped green chillies to taste
Salt to taste
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
2 teaspoons each dried corriander powder and garam masala powder.
Handful of chopped fresh corriander leaves
Frylight (buttery is good if you have it)

I make all my dhaals the following way:

1) Soak a mug of dried lentils overnight or for a few hours at least and drain before cooking.
2) Frylight onion until it begins to brown then add the ginger & garlic and fry until they are also brown
3) Add the lentils and 1 1/2 mugs of water
4) add the pasata, seasoning, chillies, spices and fresh coriander.
5) Bring it to the boil and simmer for around 25 mins stirring occasionally or until the lentils are cooked to your liking. You can add more water during cooking if it gets absorbed too soon.

Enjoy this with cumin rice and salad or on salad and with some grilled chicken or fish.

I cook alfresco and we love our spices cos we iz Asian so if any spice measurements seem a bit too much then please adapt them to your tastes and you can always add more at the end if you like :)

Mmmmmm sounds delicious! Thanks so much Aisha!
Do you make your salads in any particular way?

Morning my lovelies! I lost 2lbs this week so I've been smiling until my cheeks hurt :D Feels great to see the scales move in the right direction two weeks in a row. I've noticed that I've been having more porridge, butternut squash and cinnamon. I've also been eating off of smaller dinner plates and have been trying to stick to around 10 syns a day. I have also done some slow paced Zumba DVD's so I think moving more must've helped things along too. I hope this carries on in the coming weeks as I really want to be a size smaller by next eid which is in November and hopefully at target by my 1 year SW anniversary which is 6th January 2012 no pressure just a personal 'i hope target' if you know what I mean.

Thursday 18th August 2011 - EE

Breakfast - Bowl of honeydew melon. Then an hour later I had wm toast (HexB) topped with sweetened quark, sliced banana and sprinkle of cinnamon powder oh and a tea.

Lunch - Grilled Pangasius fish served with butternut squash & sweet potato wedges.

Dinner - prawn curry served with cumin rice & salad.

Dessert - I'm making jalebi's which are Indian sweets fried then soaked in sugar syrup :eek: I may allow myself to have one if I feel the need to but if I don't then I shall be updating you with my angelic SW friendly dessert tonight :)

Honeyoc said:
Mmmmmm sounds delicious! Thanks so much Aisha!
Do you make your salads in any particular way?

I just have cucumber, lettuce, vine tomatoes an sometimes I add some red onion and pickled red cabbage if I feel like it. I don't usually dress my salad but I do sometimes add a spoon if East End Tamarind sauce which is 1 syn per tbsp.

Wooo-hoooo!!! Well done Aisha :D

Sadly, I am looking for a gain this week - I put on 3lbs over the weekend (my birthday - lethal!), but am hoping to have shifted a pound or so by weigh in tomorrow morning.

Why is it that it comes off soooooo slowly and goes on sooooo quickly? :(

Still, I'm back on track and doing my best not to be naughty!

Last edited:
Mmmmm your Dahl sounds delicious! I have copied it into a doc on my desktop called Lady A's Amazing Recipes! LOL. :)

Oh and 2lb?!?!?!?!? Well done, love! You deserve it! :D

Back