Lands End to John O' Groats Challenge

Arctic-BNG

Talks to self!
I've been thinking about this for a while. Time and pace are the important tools for my training at the moment, but I want to log all the km I'm putting in.

As a challenge, each time I go to the gym I'll note how far I've virtually travelled and log the distance. Not restricted to virtual distances, as I'm supposed to be doing long runs on Sundays!

If any one wants to join in just add to the thread.

Rules:
1. Any gym equipment which can give a distance on completion or any outside training where the distance is known or logged via gps or similar, can be used.

2. Distance LEJOG 870 miles or 1400 km as given on Green Flags route planner, avoiding toll roads and motorways, well you wouldn't run down the M-way would you?

3. No time limit. I'm sure someone madder than me will do it in an olympian time!

4. Spinning! I've done a similar challenge before, not as far though, spinning bikes don't have a way of recording distance, therefore 1hr of spinning equals 20km.

I think that covers everything. Right off to the gym this afternoon. I won't log my cycle into work this morning as that was before writing this!

great idea for a challenge :)

ive walked 3.3 miles today, which is 5.3km/5300m

not quite the same level as your effort today lol 19,070 is brilliant, very well done to you

This sounds a great challenge! Will add my miles over the w/e :)

2 miles so far for me today, which is 3.2km/3200m, making 8500m total :)

i would have liked it to be more but arthritis in my knee is flaring up a bit making it a bit sore and uncomfortable :( might try to have a whizz on my exercise bike later though to rack up a few miles and have a low-impact exercise as walking isnt brilliant since im so heavy at the mo

well done! youll be at john o groats before you know it :D

well yesterday and today ive done a total of about 8 and a half miles - i think! - so thats 13,679 meters, totalling 22,179 meters so far :)

I have finally left the starting point!!!

7 mile run this morning

Just wanted to pop in and say that I didn't know what a Lands End to John O' Groats was...so I looked it up and then spent the next 2 days reading everything I could find about it :) Very interesting.

Good luck to everyone in the challenge!

4 mile run today

11 miles total :)

5k run 2day

14 miles so far.

Arctic - fantastic!!!

7.5 mile run

21.5 miles so far

Yes a windy day for running!! I jumped on the treadmill instead of venturing out.

Back