Last 7lb and struggling!

Good idea - but I'm running out of space in my signature, so I may have to do a bit of swapping and changing to sort a motivational ticker out!

Well I'm signing off now as it's time to get some shut eye.

Speak to you tomorrow xx

Hey you 2! Just been catching up on all your threads :) Well done dawn for sticking to 810 and good luck with hubby being around, it's the same for me with my DH, ended up having half of his snickers last night :( Anyway good day today, lost 3lb!! Can you bloody believe it! I think some of that is water as I really think I was needing to have a period, which I've had now. That makes it only 5lb till goal of 10st :) I'm up for the easter challenge but my birthday is on the 16th of March so I'm going to aim for that. Just been to costco today, had a baked tottie and a pastrie, totally stuffed, won't need anything now until supper time! On the way home I stopped at Next to see what they had and bought a pair of jeans, 2 bras and pants, jeans are a size 12 and as always was half expecting to be disappointed, like you say Kirsten it's going to take time for the mind to catch up with the weight loos, still feel and think I'm size 16/18 sometimes too. I might want to go just a little below 10st but won't really know till I get there, might be completely fed up with the diet by then anyway lol. Oh got a top from costco aswell, forgot about that, away to try it on just now :)

Catch you both later x

Well day 1 of my 'get to goal by Easter' challenge, and so far so good. I've had 2 x choc tetra topped up with hot water (just what the doctor ordered on a freezing day like today :gen125:) took absolutely forever to de-ice the car this morning.

Just had my meal - a bit earler than usual because I've got to try and fit my 3rd pack in before I go out at 6pm, because theres no way I'm going to want it when I get back tonight. I had 2 x flat mushrooms stuffed with 1/2 the tuna allowance and 1/2 the cottage cheese allowance, then grilled - picked it up from the '790 ideas' thread, posted by Soon to be Gorgeous, I think - it's lovely, and appears regularly on my menu :).

Oh yeah, and I've had 3.5 litres of water so far.

Dawn - hope all is going well for you

Nessie - d'ya fancy joining in with the Easter target thing?

Take care everyone, stay strong and speak soon xx

Did we post at the same time? lol! That happens alot, yeah I'm up for Easter target but my birthday is on 16th of March so I'm aiming for that, so a bit earlier than Easter really :)

Glad you're up for it Nessie

16th it is for you! How fantastic will it be when you get to goal for your birthday??!!!

We can do this xx

We can totally do this!! Looking forward to not analysing absolutely everything that goes near my mouth! Will be watching what I eat though when I'm at goal, WILL NOT PUT IT BACK ON!!!! Thats a promise to myself! lol Don't know if you read the thread I put in earlier but was WI today and lost 3lb so only have 5lb to go and intend on not sabotaging it for myself so going to be good this week, don't have any distractions or reasons to eat so all is well :)

Don't think I saw your earlier thread hun

3lb :party0011::party0011: that's fantastic!!! Well done to you - I think we've all had a bit of a bumpy ride of late, so that's a great loss!

You're so nearly there now. 5lb is so do-able by your birthday!

I am definitely going to do the maintenace stages according to the yellow book, as my foray into calorie counting has shown me that its not just about the calories, but what makes up those calories (especially while I'm still trying to lose and slowly refill my glycogen stores).

Great stuff Nessie, keep up the good work xx

Hi Ladies,

just a quickie for me, will be on later properly hopefully

WOW Nessie, well done, only 5lbs to go, you'll be there by your birthday no probs, what a present :D

I tried to manage calories on my own too Kirsten rather than follow the CD plan but just couldn't control myself properly so I'm aiming to follow the plan to the T now too.

810 going well, even with hubby at home, he was drinking beer and eating nuts last night! and had bought me a bottle of Baileys - WHAT!!!! he's no idea.

today's been a struggle as I started work early so no time to make a shake (I put ice cubes in and use them half frozen so it takes 1/2 - 1 hour, I cant drink them hot or tap water cold) so I brought a Slim Fast shake with me for my breakfast and lunch I have at work too and will use my meal allowance on that as there's a turkey escalope on the menu I can have and some cauliflower cheese, its the nearest I can get. I've run out of bars and tetras which has made today difficult, but I can easily do my other 2 shakes later as I'll be home this afternoon, one for tea and one for supper. I'll forfeit the milk because of the cheese on the cauliflower.

WI tomorrow which also means I can stock up on my bars and tetras

I can't wait to update my ticker tomorrow!!!! :eek: hope there's a loss to update it with!

Bye for now

Oh dear, all has not gone to plan - and I can't blame hubby for this one!

I went for my lunch in the canteen and NO turkey left, not a healthy thing on the menu, so went for lasagne. I have to admit it was one of the nicest lasagnes I've ever had, but that obviously means it was extremely 'bad'

it went from bad to worse after that, I got home and quickly put my water in the freezer but there on the kitchen table was some fresh pizza my son didn't want - I had 2 pieces :eek: (and didn't even enjoy them) I was just soooooo hungry I was scared I was going to start raiding the cupboards. I managed to hang on for an extra 30 mins and then had my banana shake and immediately felt myself back in the 'zone'

I haven't had my 3rd shake as my calorie intake for today must be very high, WHY oh WHY the day before WI?

Wish me luck, I'm really gonna need it!

Hope you 2 are doing ok

Hi Dawn

Sorry to hear about the lasagne incident yesterday. I'm embarrassed to admit that I too have been no angel either :eek:. Yesterday I was extremely tired as I'd had a late one the night before. I got through my first tetra and 2 litres of water no probs. I then decided to finish work early as I was so tired, so my plan was to have my 2nd one when I got home. However, I needed to go to the shop and pick up some fresh veg for my 790 meal.......and there I met my nemesis, the creme egg :rolleyes:.....you would not believe the internal conversation I had with myself regarding the pro's and con's of having one. I know that at this moment in time I just cannot be anywhere near choc as it is such a bad trigger food for me, but this didn't stop me from picking one up :eek:, .....and I'm sure you don't need to know the rest, suffice to say the day didn't end well and I too didn't have my third shake.

I'm working from home today, there are no trigger foods in the house, and I don't need to go to the shops.......so today has the potential to be a true 790 day. I've also got the day off tomorrow as its time for the MOT & service on my car, so another 790 day.

What are we like eh? I think for me the problem is that I am starting to like what I actually see in the mirror now (this is a feeling I have not experienced in such a long time - if ever) and it's kind of weakening my resolve somewhat. I'm also trying to get my brain out of the thought pattern that I can eat & cheat a little on CD and still drop weight - that is just going to lead to my downfall :(

I've started on my book and am about 40 pages in, and am definitely having a few 'OMG - that's so me' moments. I'll keep you posted as I go on.

Dawn: I hope that your weigh in is a positive one, to spur you on to Easter

Nessie: Hows it all going with you?

Take care and stay focussed :)

Hey girls :)

Dawn: Good luck with your WI, I hope it's a good one for you, I'm sure it will be as you've been doing so well and yesterday was just a wee slip up for ya.

Kirsten: The problem is they are selling bloody creme eggs 3 for a £1, very tempting, love them too and have been known to get them and half one with hubby lol.

Well yesterday was not bad for me, apart from the water! But I have toothache and can't bite down and chew :( On a good front though I'll be sticking to shakes all day, can't see dentist until next Weds, hopefully it will sort itself out but I had the same problem a few months ago and was really unwell for 4 weeks with it, first lot of anti-biotics didnt work etc etc! Just up, hardly slept last night then finally managed to get 40 winks and stayed in bed till half an hour ago. Well got to go and shop around for car insurance, woo hoo lol.

Have a fab day u 2 and stay on track and keep your chins up! Oh yeah I know what you mean K by liking what you see in the mirror now, I'm not as desperate as I was when I started so trying to get that back to do well and get this over with!

Catch you both later x

Woo hoo! officially 7lbs away from goal (again!) now

I have only lost 1lb since my last CDC WI but it's 4lb on my ticker as I guess I'd updated that when I'd put on and forgot to update it when I'd lost, how that happened I don't know.

She told me I'm doing well and it would be great if I was in Maintenance but as I'm not there yet I need to try a bit harder.

I've made my next appointment for 2 weeks and she's given me a 4lb goal. I don't think she was too keen on me doing 810 and thought I should be at 1000 now but has said I can try it for the next 2 weeks and see how I go, I've a few social eating events that will interfere anyway so it'll probably balance out.

I have taken today and tomorrow 'off' but will be strict 810 from Saturday, well, taking it day by day anyway.

This morning I just had 2 turkey bacon rashers with an egg fried in 1 cal spray. unfortunately lunch was at an Indian near my CDC as it had been planned with my hubby for the last month with us knowing he was off today and coming with me, I think I thought at this WI I'd be 'about there' but we decided to go anyway as it's a restaurant we'd wanted to try for ages. Now there's not much point saying what I ate as I'm sure you can imagine it wasn't diet friendly :D I've had a jam and cheese sandwich for tea and am going to have a teensy alcoholic drink tonight. tomorrow I've got a pub lunch out with a friend and then friends coming round in the evening for a chinese

do you know, it's really weird but I'm looking forward to 810 on Saturday already!!! what's that about?

I succumbed to a creme egg a week ago too, it almost went down in one. chocolate is a terrible downfall for me I'm one of those that can't just eat a couple of squares I start and then have to have a couple of bars - I'm better staying away from it altogether

Oh dear Nessie, very sorry to hear about the toothache, I hope it clears up quickly and you don't have to wait till your appointment, although I'm sure you'll be going anyway even if it has cleared up as you need to get it sorted so it doesn't come back. You must feel so rough, sending you a :hug99:

I probably won't be around tomorrow but will do plenty of catching up at the weekend.

hope you both have a good day tomorrow

Thanks for the big hug Dawn, going to dentists today as I think I need anti-biotics, still going on Wednesday though even if it feels better like you say. Well done on your loss your just about there! You can totally do the Easter target with ease, both of you can, me too lol. Well got heaps to do today and doing it all while painkillers are working lol, seize the moment and all that!

Keep your eyes on the prize girls!!!

Hi

pub lunch is off today as I've a poorly boy at home (sore tummy nothing serious) so at least I can have a shake or bar at lunchtime and then there's only tonight's meal to contend with. I'm just worrying about hunger around my normal evening meal time as we won't be eating till nearly 9pm :( so around 5 or 6pm I'm going to struggle big time, if I do I'll just have a tetra to keep me going.

Feeling BIG hunger at the moment, probably because of all the eating yesterday, I cant' wait to have my bar, but I know the earlier I have it the harder it's going to be later, I probably just have to accept I will be having a tetra and could probably get away with having it around 4 - 5pm or whenever the hunger strikes

Hope you get your tooth sorted today Nessie :)

:party0036: WAY TOO MUCH alcohol last night!!!!

Funnily enough I didn't do too bad with the chinese, I had soup, a 1/3 portion of chicken chow mein and some lemon mousse so if it hadn't been for the FULL BOTTLE OF BAILEYS :eek: I could have got away with last night.

The scales only show 1lb on today but I've a feeling there's going to be some delayed weight gain showing tomorrow.

It'll be difficult sticking with 810 today with it being a Saturday AND hubby at home but I'm sure I can do it, I WILL get 2lb off this week, even after last night.

Hope you got some antibiotics or something to help with your tooth Nessie.

Have a lovely weekend ladies

Hi :wavey:

Haven't been around much the last couple of days. Been so busy with work and very very tired. Had an early night last night and a lie in today, and with a 'nothing planned' weekend that I aim to take easy, I should be firing on all cylinders again by Monday.

Nessie: Sorry to hear you've got toothache - what a nightmare. I don't think there is a worse pain than toothache (maybe earache? - never been through childbirth, so I can only guess that that is a million times worse :)). Painkillers just don't seem to help for very long and you just don't know what to do with yourself - at least that was my experience when I had an abcess under one of my molars (ouch!). Hopefully your dentist sorted you out yesterday?

Dawn: Firstly well done on your weigh in :happy036:, even better than expected with your ticker mix up! That's great stuff - not long now! .........and as for the Baileys, well, way to go..... did you manage the whole bottle to yourself? I do like a Bailey but I'm not sure if I could manage a bottle in one go. I'm a right light weight with alcohol, it doesn't take much to get me merry, yet in my youth I used to neck the cider down me like it was going out of fashion :D
Food wise is doesn't sound like you did too badly :) Just try and drink as much water as you can to flush everything through your system. A couple of days back on 810 should put you back on the right path.

As for me, I've had a very up and down week. I seem to be hungry (physical hunger not emotional hunger) nearly all the time. I think its fair to say that ketosis is long gone, what with my love affair with chocolate :eek:, so that makes things so much harder. However I am determined to get to my target weight, and today is going good so far.

Last night I got my holidays clothes out of hibernation to have a sorting out session. There's all sorts of summery stuff appearing in the shops, so I thought I'd better make a start on organising what I'm going to need to buy for my 'sunny' hols later this year, cos knowing my luck I'll leave it all to the last minute and all the best stuff will have gone.

Now, the last time I wore this stuff was when I went to the Maldives last September. I had to buy a load of new stuff then because my existing stuff was too small. I was reluctant to throw away the smaller stuff as I was always hopeful that one day I would 'slim back into them' :rolleyes: Well the stuff I bought new last Sept just hung off me, some trousers just fell straight down zipped up :eek:, and the smaller stuff was also miles to big for me :p I just couldn't believe that I actually fitted snugly into this stuff just a few short months ago!

My bikini's (yes despite being 14st 7lb, I still wore bikinis :eek:) look ridiculous. I had to have bra sized bikinis that cost a blinkin fortune as 'off the rack' bikinis that fit in the cup were always a mile too big around the back. Well, my once proud bosoms now look like two fried eggs in those cups and the bottoms look all baggy and saggy - nice :D. So i'll be off on a bikini hunt in the not too distant future!

But I'm not complaining - because this is where I wanted to be, and buying a load off new clothes is well worth it!

Anyway, signing off now, so hope you both have a lovely weekend. Speak to you soon x

Hey gals,

Well got anti-biotics and think they are doing the trick :) However, the second half of this week aint going so well atall! According to my scales I've lost maybe 1lb, just need to wait and see, trying to stick to ss today to try and make it better for WI tomorrow. Got so much to do today but really can't get motivated! Hope you're both having a gd day so far, and doing better than I am :)

Back