Last 7lb and struggling!

Hi all

Well really pleased to report, that despite having a very 'up and down' sort of a week....I've dropped 3lbs :eek: Which also means 4 stone has gone :eek: and I'm now under BMI 25 :party0011: The first half of the week was just a non starter for me - I just had no willpower what so ever - in hindsight I now recognise that this was down to my TOTM approaching. Pre CD I always felt this way a few days before - knowing I shouldn't be scoffing, but feeling powerless to stop myself. As soon as TOTM arrived my determination was back with a vengence, and hey presto 3lb. I am really really pleased with this and it has given me the boost I needed to get to goal by Easter.

Had a really crappy working day today, that resulted in a person I had to meet with (not a colleague, I hasten to add) bawling and shouting his head off at me and then slamming the door so hard behind him that the walls of the office I was in literally shook. He just didn't like the news I had to deliver - the worst thing was that I was at his office, and kind of on his territory, and still had to spend the rest of the day there .......the joys of being a civil servant - dont let anybody tell you its always a cushy number :( It actually shook me up a little bit, and I would normally have made it all better with sweeties - but I managed to resist :)

Nessie: Glad to hear you are on the mend and that the magic pills from the dentist are doing there thing. Hope you get a good weigh in tomorrow - even if it is a pound, its still a pound in the right direction!

Dawn: Hope you're back on track now after the weekend ;)

Keep strong ladies, we can do this by Easter xx

:wow: WELL DONE KIRSTEN! That's brill. Sounds like a bit of a rough day today, well done for not giving in to 'stress eating'

I'm going over my 810 each day, probably more like 1000 on average and so far the scales aren't budging, really hope I can do 1lb at least this week. Had a few choccies last night that's probably spoilt things for me

Good luck with your WI tomorrow Nessie, glad you're on the antibiotics now

Keep up the good work girls xx

Hey gals,

Well done Kirsten!! Big pat on the back for you :) Bloody excellent, really is! I've stayed the same this week, first half of the week was fine but it hit the fan after that lol, sweets, happy meal at McDonalds!! Need I say more? Anyway atleast it's not going in the wrong direction. Going to take the bull by the horns this week and aim for 3lbs aswell :) Going shopping next Tuesday after WI, spend money from my Next card so thats a big insentive to do well. Hope you're both having a fab day, I'm really really tired today for some reason so off for 40 winks and liven myself up a bit.

Keep up the good work :)

:wavey: Hi

Not bad for me today, but could have been a bit better, had a bar and some yogurt for brekkie, some malt loaf mid morning, lunch out with my dad (tomato soup with mini baguette and ham) then I gave blood and had a drink of orange and 2 cheese tuc biscuits. I've just had a tetra now and will maybe have a shake later if I start to feel a bit hungry.

looking at that lot it's been quite a naughty day really :argh: well I could have made a better choice at lunch time and not had the malt loaf this morning (at least it wasn't buttered :D)

Never mind Nessie, at least it's not going up. I'm going to be happy with just 1lb this week but at the rate I'm going I don't think there's much chance.

Hoping for a very good day tomorrow

TTFN x

What are we like eh, this week aint going so well for me so far, arrghhhh! Just eating basically, and there's big choco raisins that I need to get out the house fast! Must must must do well this week as my cdc says this is my last week then have to move up the plans so need to make the most of it!! Need a serious kick up the ass but only I can do it really as it's ourselves that need to get our heads round it, thats the hard part. Just need to take it a day at a time, hour by hour and do our best. It's amazing though when you think you've done ok but when you write it all down it adds up to quite alot of food in a day, things you forgot you had!

Well hope you're both doing ok today, have a good evening :)

OOOH chocolate raisins! my favourite! How do you resist? :D

anyway, last night I went without my 3rd shake as I didn't feel hungry and I'd overeaten a bit anyway. Had to have an early night though!

weight STILL the same today though

today I was determined for a very strict day so I can at least get that dratted lb off for tomorrow. I had a shake for brekkie, for lunch I had a chopped cooked chicken breast with my fat free yogurt allowance and a teaspoon of curry powder mixed in, plus a few chopped grapes on a bed of raw baby spinach. very nice but the curry powder should have been mild and it was medium so it was a bit hot for lunch time which meant i didn't eat it all. about 4pm I had a tetra, then the plan was for a bar around 6.30pm after I'd fed the kids. I was doing spag bol and unfortunately I had some, although it was a very small amount (in one of those little glass bowls you serve fruit cocktail in) followed by a bar.

I won't have anything else tonight except water so all in all not too bad, probably no more than 1000.

On Sunday we are going out for a big family meal for Mothers day, I know I can make pretty good choices but just need to be strong when it comes to deserts, I'll order coffee instead. Hubby wants to take me out for lunch too though, just the 2 of us with our youngest for 'afternoon tea' in Keswick. the only problem there is that's all bread, scones and cakes, I really, really need to say no but I know when it comes to it I'll cave in. Perhaps I can just try really hard up until then and just see Sunday as a 'day off'.

My CDC gave me a 'target' of 4lbs for this fortnight and she's never done that before so I really should be making an effort.

How's your book Kirsten? Did you finish it? do you think it's helped any?

:whoopass: Oh God it all went wrong :cry:

9pm and I was starving, I should have gone to bed but thought food can't rule my life to the extent I'm going to bed early all the time to avoid it, so thought I'd just have a small handful of nuts. this immediately led me to put the kettle on, making a large cup of coffee and a ham and mayo sandwich on thick white bread :mad:

I now feel stuffed and so upset, frustrated and angry with myself.

It's my weigh day tomorrow (although not an official CDC WI, it's still accurate on my own scales) so I have basically sabotaged any chances of getting that lb off I was so desperate for.

:banghead: WHY do I do it? No one or any circumstance to blame either, just myself and weak willpower.

Oh well, tomorrow's another day, hope you are both having more success than me! x

Well, amazingly I've lost 1lb!

Really must try harder though, I've had a bad week and at this rate I'm not going to reach our Easter target

Hi Ladies

Firstly congratulations on your 1lb Dawn - well done!

Well this morning I typed out a long post detailing the last couple of days, only to find I had been 'timed out' when I came to post - aarrghh! don't you just hate it when that happens??? Had to get on with my work, so only just got chance to type again. I'll type fast and keep it briefer this time in case the same should happen again :mad:

Well apologies for not posting for the last couple of days, been really busy working longer hours to trry and accrue a bit of time off around Easter.

On Mon night after I got back from my weigh in armed with my weeks supplies, hubby tells me that he has been given temporary promotion - so what are you going to do when faced with that sort of good news?? - celebrate of course!.....and we did, at the local curry house:p. Now let me just say, our local does some of the most absolutely delish foods, and for that reason I have avoided it whilst CD'ing as there's just no way I could settle for chicken tikka and salad. Anyway when we arrived the owner of the place made such a fuss of us, said he hadn't seen us in a long time and also noticed I'd lost weight. (It says a lot when the curry house owner notices that you haven't been in for a long time - guess thats why I was 4st+ overweight :D).

Anyway I totally enjoyed it, but couldn't eat anywhere near the amount I used to. Well unfortunately it didn't end there, and carried on into Tues, when I met up with another old friend....Mr Chocolate, Mr Thorntons to be precise.....I don't need to go into details, but suffice to say it wasn't good :eek:

Yesterday I was fine and 790'd all day, no probs. I woke up today and that choc craving has reared its ugly head again - what is it with me and chocolate??? I've managed to resist so far, and have bought 2 x choc tetras to work with me to try and keep a lid on it - wish me luck!

Well ladies, I just don't know what is wrong with us - we are all on the final stretch, yet seem to be doing our best to sabotage it. I think for me, I do want to get there and then carry on with my life, but the sense of urgency that I felt at the start is just not there, because I'm actually starting to like myself.

Dawn: I have been reading my book and its going well, with plenty to think about and written exercises to do. I do feel like I'm getting some benefit from it (although you'd be forgiven for thinking otherwise after reading the above!)

Nessie: Hope this week goes well for you, especially with the added pressure of knowing you'll be moving up the plans. Will you be on 1000 or 1200? Maybe having that bit of extra food, snacks and CD's will help to stop the 'naughties' and give you a new focus to get to target?? Keeping my fingers x-d for you hun

Well we've still go 3 weeks left of our Easter challenge and it's still do-able for all of us. So keep focussed, stay strong and we can do this!

Oh dear what are we like lmao, well done Dawn on your 1lb! Well today is going well so far, plan on having a small bowl of homemade leek and potato soup with a slice of toast for dinner and a cd hot choco for supper, the only naughty thing I've had was a rich tea biscuit with a cuppa at a friends so doing pretty damn well lol. I think it is the loss of determination thats sabotaging the final few pounds but really must do my best over the next 4-5 days as I am moving up the plans, yeah I think I'll be on 1000 really and move up each week, or because money is tight I may even just buy enough for 1 shake a day and eat healthily.

Keep that Easter target in sight, eyes on the prize! It's nice going out for a meal isn't it, we just need to stop giving ourselves such a hard time about food don't we, just take it a day at a time. I'm trying not to weigh myself as I know I'll jsut be disappointed, too early in the week anyway for that I think.

Well daughter will be home soon so going to get a quick cuppa and chill then have to go out. Hope you're both having a gd day :)

Hi girls

I've been doing ok since my last post, I had to jump back on the scales this morning though to check that lb was still off, I was worrying it was a temporary loss or something:confused: glad to see it's still gone anyway.

I'm off work today as my son's poorly with a stomach bug. He's not eating or drinking which is causing some concern as he's diabetic and I have to do his finger prick every hour to check he doesn't have a hypo. His diabetic nurse is ringing us every 2 hours but she's concerned he's still not eating or drinking and has said if he still hasn't had anything when she rings at 3pm he may have to go to hospital so they can check he's not dehydrated. I've just spent all day so far sat on the sofa with him and was a bit concerned I'd start to pick but I think the worry is keeping me away from food. Hopefully he'll pick up soon and not have to go into hospital.

I need to be really good today and tomorrow to compensate for Sunday's eating, although I will try to be as good as possible.

Hope you both have a good weekend

Hey Dawn, sorry to hear your son isn't feeling well, hopefully he can eat or drink something soon :) Well as for me I am officially fed up with this diet and considering just maintaining the weight I am just now. Had a slice of granary toast with a bit of ham and cheese this morning, shake for lunch and having a bowl of mueslie just now. Weighed myself and I've stayed the smae since Tuesday, all I had yesterday apart from shakes was a bowl of homemade soup for tea with slice of taost instead of third shake. Was desperate for a chippie last night but resisted that so was chuffed with myself, cant afford it at the mo anyway lol. Well I'll try to be good for the rest of the week but after that I'm off the diet and onto healthy eating I think, will continue to get weighed though.

Hope you're both ok and hope your son gets well soon Dawn, well done on not picking at food by the way :)

Well I've had 2 packets of crisps and a stir fry made by DH since my last post, hmph what the hell am I doing? Fed up with the on-going battles in my head about what I want, do I want to jsut maintain this weight or get to 10st? If I choose the 10st goal I can't seem to manage it. Really want something else, damn carbs! Evil! Maybe open up a bar and snack on that, need to get my head together really do.

Hope you're both doing much better than me :)

Hi Ladies

Dawn, sorry to hear that your son is poorly right now. Hopefully he's managed to eat/drink something, and he'll be on the mend soon.

Nessie - I totally understand where you are coming from. In fact I have been having very similar thoughts myself. I too am fed up with CD now, if I'm honest I have been for a while and really this week has been a bit of a wash out except for one day. I have constant food-V-CD battles in my mind and it is exhausting! My motivation for CD has gone.

In addition to this I have noticed lately that my hair has started to feel quite 'thin', when usually I have got a good thick head of hair. I seem to be losing quite a lot of hair when I'm brushing/combing (even gently), and when I'm vacuuming the house there's 'furballs' of my hair all over the place. I know that hair loss can be a side effect of VLCD's, and I'm going to research this further.

So I have reached a decision - I am going to see my CDC on monday and start working up the plans, so I'll move on to 1000. Its 5 wks until I go to Scotland so I aim to be at the 1500/maintenance level by then - whatever my weight is.

I am then going to go to Weightwatchers to continue my journey at a slower pace. I won't have a lot to drop, but at least I can eat anything within my points allowance, so I'm hoping this will help with the unhealthy attitude I've developed to eating.

Also another reason for going is to help my older sister. She is 39yrs old this year and has never really had a weight problem until she had my neice (now 18mths old). Since then she has put on a lot of weight, and is struggling to know what to do about it - and I see a sadness and despair in her that I've faced myself for many years. She's never been to a diet class/club or been on a diet before, so doesn't really have much of an idea about healthy/not so healthy foods. She can't afford to do CD (or even WW) so I am going to pay for us both to go, and then she can get the guidance she needs, and we can support each other along the way.

I feel a little happier now I can see a way forward, rather than going around in circles in my head.

Anyway, hope you both enjoy the rest of your weekend, and have a lovely Mothers Day. I've got my Mom coming round and I'm cooking a roast for us tomorrow.

Take care and speak soon x

Hey u 2,

Dawn: How's your son doing? Hope he managed to avoid going to hospital, let us know how you both are :)

Kirsten: It's a complete mind job isn't it, does my head in. Yesterday I was pretty good, had 2 shakes during the day and at dinner I had 3 of my husbands mini sausage rolls (bigger than the buffet size) and a bar at night. Not weighed myself yet, just about to do that, hope it's good because yesterday it said I had dropped 2lb, but I know that weighing yourself everyday isn't accurate atall so taking it all with a pinch of salt. Don't normally weigh everyday but am this week since it's last week and doing it yesterday helped me stay on track as it was looking positive. Your sister is lucky to have you, what an ace support you are, I'm sure she'll do really well on WW. Well yesterday I was scrubbing floor tiles and grouting, today more work on the bathroom but hubby is making soup so will def have a bowl of that.

Will be back later :)

:wavey:Hi

Not a great weekend for me, Joe's ok, but can't seem to eat much now so he's having hypo's left right and centre, we are setting the alarm in the night to check on him, I'm so scared he's going to slip into unconsciousness. It's made me think of what lays ahead when he's a teenager. My other 2 are 17 and 19 and I hardly ever know where they are, the eldest stops out all night and drinks quite a lot most weekends. If this happens to Joe when he's a teenager we will have lots of worries, but then I can't start getting worked up about that now when he's only 7. :sigh:

Food wise, a disaster, my hubby has been off all weekend and 'taking care' of me, which means cooking for me, taking me out for meals and plying me with Bailey's! I lost my mum Xmas '06 and Mother's day for me last year was hell, and he had to work, so he was trying to do everything in his power to make sure i was ok. unfortunately most of it involved food and drink! I'm glad the weekend is over and done with anyway, put it that way.

I'm going to 810 until I see my counsellor on Thursday and then work up the plans too. I too have been thinking of just maintaining now but will try and push myself just that little bit more, I've even been thinking of WW too! I was a gold member years ago so if I can find my membership I could rejoin, my goal then was 8st 10lb so that'd mean about 9lbs off. but at least it's then free for WI's and meetings.

My hair is coming out in bucketloads too, it's quite depressing isn't it.

I've just had a text from my 17 year old son to say he's passed his driving test so i'm on cloud 9 :character00100:

Off to tell anyone that'll listen :D

Good luck with your WI's

Hi Ladies

Hope you are both OK. Well today's weigh in has seen me staying the same - not a big shock really, given the dieting week I've had plus Mother's day meal I cooked.

So today I've taken the bull by the horns - I've finished CD and have started Weightwatchers. I've got all the stuff at home from ages ago, so I decided to get started straight away rather than another few weeks of messing around on CD. I probably would have muddled along to my goal weight with CD and then switched to WW if it were not for the scare with my hair falling out. At this, my hubby (who up to now has given nothing but praise to me for my efforts) said 'enough's enough now, its time to start eating properly'

I'm going to join a Saturday morning class (with my Sister) but I've started 'pointing' as of today. I'm prepared that I may gain a little at first (glycogen) although to be honest I would imagine my stores are pretty much on their way to being filled up already :eek:

Dawn: I'm sorry to hear things are not so good for you right now, what with your son being poorly, and the time of year (mothers day). I can totally understand your worries for Joe in the future as he tries to balance being a normal teenager and being like his mates, with being responsible about his condition. On a lighter note - congratulations to your 17yr old on passing his driving test - not an easy thing to do nowadays (not like when I passed (adopts old lady voice :D) - no theory, no hazzard perception test, and nowhere near as many vehicles on the road as there is now :eek:)

Nessie: Hope you're getting on OK, and the DIY in the bathroom is sorted.

Speak to you later xx

Hey, good to hear from you both :)

Dawn: Really really hope Joe gets better very soon, for both of your sakes, I can't imagine what it's like but I'm thinking of you, know it can't be easy. Oh and congrats to your other son on his driving test! Excellent!

Well I've been weighing myself almost everyday and it's pointless lol, WI tomorrow, no idea what it will be like. Just tucked into a tuna salad baquette and S+V crisps, don't feel bad about it atall, decided I'm fed up of denying myself something thats not that bad for me really so went for it! Got plenty shakes left so will use them up this week, maybe 2 packs a day and include brekkie and dinner. This morning scales said I was 2lb down, hmmm probably not anymore lol, probs stayed the same this week again.

Bathroom is coming on great, actually looks like a bathroomm now that we have the basin in and floor finished. Still got plenty to do but it's finishing touches now, dead pleased :) After WI 2morrow I'm off shopping, got Next gift card to spend so looking forward to that :) Will probs get a baked tottie when I'm there, which fills me up for ages! Anyway all that walking and shopping is good for ya! lol Trying my best to drink plenty of water today, not quite managed 700ml yet! Had tea though, lol flippin pathetic attempt really! Yep CD is on it's way out for me I thnk and healthy eating is taking it's place. I had WW at one point but can't find it, remember it being good to follow. CDC says I can continue to get weighed, eventually making it once a month so thats good to keep me on track really.

Well off just now, keep your chin up Dawn, things will get better! Chat later x

Thanks for the lovely words, I'm probably just being over cautious with Joe as he usually eats like a horse and causes problems with his blood sugar being too high all the time, so this is alien to me. He still has a bit of the bug though as he was sick again last night so it's not out of his system yet. Hubby tells me he's got a 'dodgy tummy' now but I think he's just jumping on the band wagon and after spending the weekend running round after me feels like a bit of TLC himself. Unfortunately I don't give TLC out to grown men :D

Kirsten, will WW accept you when you have so little left to lose? I don't see why not of course, it's just that as they don't charge when you reach goal I was wondering if they'd be reluctant being so close? Best of luck with it anyway, it looks like we're all going to be WW soon then for this final slog.

I have to travel for just over an hour to get to my CDC so it usually takes up around 3 hours total, if I'm just getting weighed it's a bit pointless when I can go to WW for a WI. I'll see how I get on for these next 3 days anyway and decide on Thursday.

Nessie - get that water down you, no matter what diet (or no diet!) you need plenty of water :eek: God I've been brain washed!!! good luck with WI tomorrow and what ever you decide to do for the next week.

This bloody half a stone WILL come off one way or another!

Hiya

I've dug out my old WW stuff to check if I could go to a class being as I'm not far off goal. It says I need to have at least 5lb to lose (and still be within BMI 20-25) and have attended for 5wks to qualify for gold membership. So I'm just about OK for that.

Want to carry on attending some sort of official weigh in to help keep me on the straight and narrow. I also want to do maintenance to help me get the balance right once I'm at goal.

Today has been so far so good - I've had 9 of my 19 points. It just feels so refreshing to actually eat what I want (within points) and not feel guilty - which sadly that's how I've been feeling when I've strayed from 790, and ended up scoffing like a mad woman :(.

I'll never knock CD - because its got me where I am today, but now its time for something different.

Dawn - I agree about the 3 hour round trip to see your CDC. If you are only being weighed it makes more sense to go somewhere closer, freeing up more of your time (not to mention cheaper as well).

Anyway going to go and do my Davina DVD now - yes I've resurrected that again now that I'm eating properly :rolleyes: - got to get 'bikini fit' as my sunshine holiday is 8th June and I need to get rid of some of the 'wobble' before then :D

Speak to you both later xx

Back