Keep +ve you can do it you've come this far
love kirsty xx

Hi
Well done you have done so well.
Wish i was in the last 7lbs lol.
Keep +ve you can do it you've come this far
love kirsty xx

Hi Kirsty

Thanks for your good wishes. I see from an earlier post that you are doing Cambridge - it really is a great diet, and its helped me succeed at finally shifting 4 stone of excess weight - something that I have never achieved with any other diet. Once you get the first few days under your belt and the pounds start to melt away, it really inspires you to keep on going.

Good luck with your weight loss journey - I'm sure you'll do great. Just take it hour by hour, shake by shake, and litre :tear_drop: by litre :tear_drop:. Keep reading and posting on Minimins - it really is a great place to be. Everyone is so friendly and it makes the diet just that little bit easier.

All the best
Kirsten x

Hi Kirsten, how did your first day with WW go?

Today has gone well for me, it helps that I've a migraine as I never feel like eating when I've a migraine :D

Off for a very early night and hope tomorrow goes as good as today for me, just without the migraine!

Hubby's in bed poorly sick and I'm reluctant to get in with him to be honest, don't want any nasty bugs :mad: tempted to sleep downstairs for tonight. I also have to be very careful of getting bugs and passing them on to my job share partner as her son has leukaemia (diagnosed xmas '06 same time as my mum died!) and she's nervous of catching anything because it's dangerous for him :sigh:

Fingers crossed for tomorrow for you Nessie and have a great shopping trip in Next :D

sofa it is tonight, speak tomorrow ladies,

Hiya

Dawn, hope you managed to get a decent nights sleep (even if it was on the sofa!), and you're feeling better today. So hubby wasn't just after a bit of sympathy for his efforts over the weekend, he is genuinely poorly sick ;)

First day of WW went fine, with a couple of points left over - but I'm more organised today and will be able to space them out a little better. It is such a relief to be able to eat whatever I want, and not feel immense guilt for doing so. My meals were as follows:

Bfast: Jordans superfoods porridge with topped with blueberries

Lunch: Ham & laughing cow light sandwich with cherry tomatoes. Packet of French Fries, apple, 2 x clementines

Dinner: 2 x quorn leek + cheese sausages, jacket potato and beans

....and, I even managed to fit in a treat size flake last night - chocolate without the mental torture & berating myself afterwards :D

I really do feel like this is the right path for me now to finish off and maintain.

Nessie: Hope your weigh in goes well today.

Speak to you later xx

Oooh Kirsten, you're making me drool, it hardly seems legal to be allowed to eat all that lovely food :D

Definitely going to be WW for me within the next week or 2.

Yeh, hubby was genuinely ill, still didn't get much sympathy though, just told him to go to bed. I did sleep on the sofa and managed to get an ok night's sleep , plus the migraine has gone today.

I did a 100% 810 day yesterday and hoping I can do the same again today, it is only for today and tomorrow though, then from Thursday I'll do 1000 for a week and see how that goes before deciding about WW.

I tried JUDD a few weeks ago but that didn't work at all for me, I thought it'd be ideal as I was used to SS for the down days and could eat nice food on the up days but it sounds a lot easier than it is.

I'm struggling with hunger quite badly at the moment, I did yesterday though and got through it, I had a breakfast shake at 8am, my 'lunch' bar at 11am, then a tetra at 3pm as I couldn't go any longer between, but then I had turkey and cauliflower cheese at 6pm and I managed the whole evening without any picking. I didn't have the milk allowance because of the cheese sauce on the cauli.

Today I've had my shake at 8am and my stomach is making loud growling noises already so again will probably have a bar around 11 and tetra at 3pm, tea will be jacket potato, with some tuna and cottage cheese, then a big milky coffee before bed. we've got some lovely flavoured coffee from Julian Graves, which has no extra sugar or calories in and tastes like a real treat. It's about £2.25 for a tiny pot though so I don't have it often.

Torture me and tell me what you are eating today ladies!

Hey, well I lost 1lb at WI yesterday so that makes it just 4lb to go. Changed my signature as the week by week log of weight loss isn't relevant to me anymore really, just concentrating on the last 4lb. Well at the shops yesterday I had food that I shouldn't have lol but enjoyed it a lot and it was a good trip, I got exactly what I wanted, which was a stroke of luck! Today I've just had a bowl of mueslie for brekkie, I have enough packs to do me 2 packs a day this week so having brekkie, 2 packs and dinner or lunch, thats the plan. Think I might have soft boiled eggs and spelt and rye bread toasted and cut into soldiers lmao, really fancy that mmmmm. The suns out which is nice, cleaned the car out yesterday, a bit of sun gets you motivated and feeling better doesnt it.

Kirsten: Your WW menu sounds yummy! You're going to do really well on it, how's your sister doing?

Dawn: Keep up the good work, hope your having a good day as you did yesterday :)

Well I'm off to get showered and get out the hoose! Catch you both later x

Well done Nessie, just up the willpower a tiny bit now and you'll have that 4lb off by your birthday. As long as you keep on as you are with your 2 packs, breakfast and evening meal you should do it easily if you can just avoid any treats before then, it's only 11 days after all!!!

I'm still doing fine, just worrying about tonight as the last 2 wednesday evenings I've pigged out and with it being WI the next day it's freaking me out why I'd do that.

My 'pigging out' was at the weekend so definitely mustn't do any tonight, like I said I'll be happy with just 1lb but then that leaves me 5lb to get off in 2 weeks for Easter so I'll have to be very, very good, I'm sure I can do it though, we all can :girlpower:

Hope the WW is still going ok Kirsten

Hiya!

Nessie: Well done to you with your 1lb off - so nearly there now!! Glad the shopping trip went well. I still absolutely hate shopping for clothes even now that I can pretty much fit it anything, so I have to do it in short bursts. In fact I'm planning on going to the local shopping centre (Merry Hill) tonight as Debenhams has got a sale on - so I'll have a mooch about and see what they're giving away :D I'm thinking it's a Wednesday evening so it should be fairly quiet.

Dawn: Hope everyone is getting back to full health in your house now. Fingers crossed that you have a good day today (and tonight) and see another loss tomorrow at weigh in. I totally understand about the hunger pangs you've been experiencing. I never really stopped having them fully even when I was SS'ing, so once I hit 790/810 and then picking at other things I was totally out of ketosis and the hunger got worse - not matter how many litres of :tear_drop: I got down me.

Well, still going strong with WW - although I suspect I may have gained a little water with the glycogen, I'm not too concerned as I was prepared to gain a little to start off with. Everything seems to be a little less 'dried out' now - my boobs have filled out a little, I've got a bit of bum back and my neck is not 'crepey' anymore, so it's all good!

Look away now if you don't want to be tempted by food, but if you're happy to see what I'm eating, here goes yesterdays menu:

B'fast: superfoods porridge topped with blueberries

Lunch: Beef, reduced fat cheese & extra light mayo on granary, cherry tomatoes, salt & vinegar french fries, pink lady apple, 2 x clementines

Dinner: Chicken with curry sauce, wholegrain rice, mange tout and baby corn

Snack: fun size crunchie :p

All washed down with 3.5 litres of :tear_drop::tear_drop:

B'fast and lunch is a little 'samey' when Im at work as I eat both of them whilst I'm there (can't face b'fast until at least 2hrs after I get up at 5:15am), but I'll vary things a little at the weekend.

It's funny, but I haven't been tempted to stray from my points allowance - it seems like such a luxury to have all of the above after having shakes for the last 4 1/2 months, so the willpower required is nothing like that I've had to display whilst doing CD.......and if it means I take the scenic route to goal, so be it - I will get there, but just a little slower, and with my relationship with food in the right place.

My class is on a Saturday morning, so my weigh day will be a Saturday from now on. I haven't been as yet, I will be going for the first time this Sat. I'll be taking my sister (and baby neice) with me as well. If the baby starts to get unsettled then my sis can stay in the class and I can wait outside with the little 'un. As I've been to WW loads of times :eek: I'm going mainly for the motivation of a regular weigh in(....Oh and the lovely low point choc bars that they do :p), but my sis needs the food education, so I'm happy to have a squeeze of my little neice whilst she gets it!

Well hope you both have a lovely day, speak to you later xx

Last edited:
Hey,

Dawn: Good luck with your Wi tomorrow, hope you get a gd result!

Kirsten: Well done for sticking to your points allowance, excellent :)

Today aint going as planned atall! Had bowl of mueslie this morning, went to mums and had a cheese and pickle sandwich (one slice), came home and had 2 crackerbread crackers with cheese and a cake!! For goodness sake! Anyway DH is making lovely soup for dinner so will have that with a slice of granary bread toasted and that will be all for today, back on track 2morrow, really fancy crisps but if I can resits till 4.30 I'll be fine as I'm off out to pick up my nephew.

Catch you both later x

Well the this week so far has just been one big treat! Think I've atleast put back on the 1lb I lost last week, back on track today, plan on drinking loads of water, having soft boiled eggs and toast for brekkie and 2 shakes later on, I WILL be good today and everyday until Tuesday WI.

How are you both getting on? Hope everyone is well on the road to recovery at your house Dawn, big hug :) Hope WW is still going well for you, WI 2morrow isnt it? Was your WI yesterday Dawn?

Just sent the bairn off to school with mental hair lol, pleats all over the place like Medusa, it's mad hair day at school by the way lol. Well I have to get on with stuff in the bathroom today (painting walls again, painting edging...) which will keep me occupied thankfully. Soooo tempted to get back into bed cos I'm so tired lately but I've already made it, which I did on purpose so that I wouldn't get back in it lol.

Catch you both later x

Hi :wavey:

1lb off for me yesterday so happy with that, I do stand on the scales every morning and an extra lb has come off already this morning so I'm really hopefull for the next 2 WI's getting me to goal for Easter.

I have been soooo good since Monday, I can hardly believe it myself. I stuck to 810 Mon - Wed then started 1000 yesterday. I seem to have the motivation and willpower back and am making changes to make sure I stay strong. Going to a coffee shop with my hubby I'd order a cappuccino and probably a wholemeal scone (we go once a week) but today when we went I only ordered peppermint tea. I'm going to cut down on meeting friends for lunch which I do a couple of times a week and instead next week have invited a friend to my house for lunch so I can control properly what we have. Sometimes I will just arrange for get togethers in a morning or afternoon over a coffee rather than at a meal time.

I'll have to be careful as pride does come before a fall so I don't want to get too pleased with myself but I am very hopeful for this week.

Hope your WI goes well tomorrow Kirsten but you know there is the possibility of a gain the first week but then it should drop off after that. Hope it works for your sister too, does she have a lot to lose?

Come on Nessie, be good now, you have 2 weeks to get 4lb off which is easy as long as you're good, NO cheese and cake at the moment

Lets all be really strong this weekend :character00238:

Hey Dawn, I'm really glad you're doing well, well done on your 1lb loss :) Good for you for finding that determination again! Having friends round for dinner tonight but 2morrow I plan on being really good and Monday aswell, think I'll probably have jsut stayed the same this week but I'll be happy with that to be honest, as long as I don't put on, which I shouldn't think so. Doing alot of decorating, messy stuff, in the bathroom today and trying to tidy up at the same time for friends coming, not easy! lol

Catch you both later, hope you're doing well Kirsten :)

Ness x

Hiya

hope the WI went ok this morning Kirsten!

Nessie, your decorating and stuff should be burning a little off anyway, hope you have a lovely evening with your friends

I did my morning :scale: and ANOTHER lb had fallen off, I had to do a bit of searching inside me to find out why I was succeeding now so easily when I've been struggling the past few weeks. I think I've found the answer (and it's not good), I think the bug that has done the rounds in my house had taken up residence in my body last weekend but just lay there quietly, not making me sick or particularly poorly, just not very hungry and quite lethargic. Good to boost my weightloss off again, but not good because that means when it's gone I'll probably be back to eating bad again....

Oh well, I'll just have to wait and see what happens. It's really nice not struggling with food desires all the time though :D, my energy levels are very low though so all my housework has been suffering, I walked into town and back yesterday which is only a total of around 3-4 miles and then had to sleep for nearly 2 hours when I got home.

Still, weightloss and tiredness is a hundred times better than throwing up :D:D

Hi Girls :wavey:

Glad to hear you are both doing well.

Well went to WW today -weighed in and have gained 4lb :eek: Normally I would be absolutely gutted at this, but I expected a gain going straight from 790 to WW, so I am totally fine with it. I've been sticking at the points so, hopefully there shouldn't be much more to go on, and then the tide will turn and I'll be back on a losing streak again :D

My sister weighed in at 13st 3lb (so she dropped 2lb from me weighing her last week) and she wants to get to around the 11st mark. She was very nervous about going in and getting on the scales as it was here first time ever at a slimming club. The thought of nervousness never occured to me as I'm quite a seasoned pro at the old diet club lark :p Bless her, she was worried that she would be the biggest one there!!! ....of course she wasn't, not by a long chalk :)

I hope she will do well at this, for her self esteem. She is waiting for a scan on her throat/neck (end Apr) as the doctors think she has an enlarged thyroid and a growth on it as well. She has had loads of blood test, with nothing coming back to indicate under active thyroid function. Obviously this may have a bearing on her ability to lose weight - so I think if she can just lose something it will give her a boost. So fingers x-ed for her.

Well today me and hubby have been out to lunch at Nando's, then we went out into the countryside a bit and went looking for lambs - its a thing I love at this time of the year when all the little lambs are starting to appear all over the place. Glad to say we found some and they came right up to the edge of the field to us (with their respective Mums) they are just so inquisitive. They were bleating, skipping and running all over the place! So that made my day :)

We then went for a cream tea at this little tea rooms out in the middle of nowhere. Don't know how I've got the nerve to have a scone after my gains of this week :whoopass:, but I intend to relax things a little and have a treat on a Saturday after weigh in - and this was mine for this week. It was just nice to get out really and spend a bit of time with hubby, because in the week we don't get to spend a lot of time together - its just one big mad rush of working long hours, eating, sleeping.

Well tomorrow I've got my Dad coming for lunch, it's his birthday on Monday so I thought I'd have him over. We don't see each other that often and have quite a strained relationship - long story, but basically the fall out from Mom & Dad splitting when I was 6 (30 yrs ago nearly - blimey didn't realise it was so long ago) after Dad cheated on her. Dad has continually let me down since then. I made the decision (after councilling) about 10yrs ago to distance myself from him a little to make me happier - a harsh thing to do, but I couldn't keep letting the past affect my adult life (and relationships). I am now much more peaceful and happier because of it.
He never contacts me, its always me or my sister contacting him - and over the years that has become quite a bone of contention for me :mad:. In contrast, my Mom is absolutely wonderful -me, my sis and her have such a great relationship - and unfortunately for him, that relationship sets the benchmark.

Anyway, I haven't seen him since Xmas - so I thought it was time to do the daughterly thing and have him round again. It will be a roast dinner, and I'm making an apple upside down cake (WW recipe) for dessert. So it will be a normal pointing day for me.

Dawn - Glad to hear that the weight is going in the right direction. Hope you are up to full strength soon.

Nessie - Hope the decorating is going well - these jobs seem so easy when you think about starting them, then end up taking so much longer than you think dont they?? :) Still at least while you are busy in the bathroom you're not in the kitchen ;)

Well given my gains this week, I think I may well withdraw from the 'get to goal by Easter challenge', being as I'm now 1lb heavier than when the challenge was set :D - but I am still determined to stick at it - and I will see that 10 stone mark!!

Anyway - hope you both have a lovely rest of the weekend. I doubt I'll be around tomorrow being at I'm entertaining for most of the day. My sis is coming round with the baby in the morning and we are going to work out an eating plan for the week for her, so she's got something to follow until she's into the groove with the points system. Then I'm popping to see my Mom as it's her b'day tomorrow (yes, her birthday 9th, Dad's b'day 10th, plus Mother's day last week - March is always an expensive month for me :rolleyes:) - Then of course I'm entertaining the old man!

Speak to you soon xx

Hi Kirsten, the gain was to be expected so well done for not letting it get to you, plus different scales weigh differently. I bet next week will see a good loss, no point putting pressures on yourself to reach the goal by Easter but you won't be far behind.

I wish your sister lots of luck with WW and am sure with your help and support she will achieve what she wants. It's so great to have someone to support you like that, it makes things much easier.

My mum and dad split when I was 13, she was the one who had cheated, and I stayed with my dad. She had involved me in her affair and made things very unpleasant for me, she drove me to despair many times even to the point of trying to take my own life (at 13!) when she left home it was one of the happiest days of my life. As I grew up and stopped being 'afraid' of her and was able to stand up to her I 'distanced' myself emotionally from her. I was a dutiful daughter and always visited and took her out shopping etc When she died it hit me like a truck and the guilt I've suffered about the way I treated her is almost unbearable. I've realised when I was young she was suffering with depression and a lot of the way she treated me will have been down to that. I was an only child and I know she loved me more than anything in the world but I chose to 'punish' her for the childhood I had. I'm not saying my life with mum has any comparison to yours with your dad but (and I'm sorry if you feel I'm intruding) for all his faults he is your dad and won't always be around and once he's gone you can't ever make up for anything past.

I'm really sorry to put that on you, to be honest I think I'm saying it to you as a way to make myself feel better if you know what i mean, people should never really make presumptions about other people's close family relationships when we don't know the full facts. I haven't been able to talk to anyone about the tough time I had as a child as I didn't want people looking at my mum with dislike and I can't talk to anyone about it now as you just don't 'speak ill of the dead' do you! Gosh sorry Kirsten, I think that was my own personal therapy session

Onto a brighter note, it sounds like you've had a lovely day, you can't beat lambs skipping around to make you feel good, and as for a cream tea YUM YUM! It'll be nice having a treat day on a Saturday then you've still a full week to count your points.

I'm pleased to say today has gone just as well, I was a bit naughty and had sausages for tea instead of a 'proper' meat, but they were good ones and boy did they taste nice, I haven't had a day over 1000 yet.

Hope the meal goes well with your dad Kirsten and be good and strong tomorrow Nessie

take care both of you and please excuse my ramblings :eek:, it's late at night for me

Well I could just cry, weighted myself and I've put on atleast 1lb this week, so today I ave to be extra good to salvage it a bit! This week has been the worst, don't know where it came from but I've had cakes, pudding and ice-cream, sweets... bad bad bad. Anyway today I'm not going to think about it just do it, thats my problem I think about it too much, thinking about not having that cake makes me want it! Well it's my birthday on Sunday and i think we can safely say I won't be at goal! WI tomorrow so i'll let you know my official weight then.

Sooooo glad to hear you are both doing really well! And it is really nice to have a day out like that Kirsten, we haven't done that in a wee bit, love it :) Hving a couple of days off the decorating, had enough and tired so just chillin and catching up on washing/ironing etc and spending time with thebairn when she's home from school, poor thing gets neglected when decorating all the time.

Well off to fill up my water bottle, thats 700ml so far and a cuppa, just gonna keep drinking all day lol and see how it adds up.

Catch up later x

Hi Nessie, don't worry too much, but don't jeopardise things too much and start sliding backwards when you are so near. Try your best until the weekend, then you can enjoy your birthday weekend, with a plan to mop up those last few lbs in the following couple of weeks

It is very hard isn't it. I'd been continually doing well until this morning my husband popped into town and brought home 2 danish pastries for us to have with a cuppa, he'd actually brought 2 fruit iced buns too! anyway, I did succumb and have a danish, he had the other danish and BOTH iced buns!

I was going out for lunch with my friend, I had invited her to my house but a local pub has started doing carvery meals for £3.50 so we went there instead :D I stuck to turkey and veg and had 1 tiny boiled potato. Just had a shake for tea though and earlier bought some Slim Fast Hunger Shots which are like little yogurt drinks that are supposed to quell hunger pangs and are 54 calories. I had 1 about 8.30pm to see if it can get me through to bed time as with eating so much earlier a shake just wasn't enough at tea time. So far so good anyway, I'm determined not to have anything else to eat before bed

Hope you're still managing your points Kirsten and devised a good meal plan for your sister, do you keep in touch every day for support?

Me and hubby are off all day together tomorrow so we are going to go for a big walk and end up at the carvery pub again, I will just have turkey and veg again though, mind you I don't know why I didn't bother with potatoes as I'm allowed 200g of new boiled potatoes anyway, so I might just indulge tomorrow. I'll see what the scales say in the morning then I'll know if today has done any damage, although it'll be the danish not the carvery if there is any gain of course!!

I don't think I'm going to get chance to see if the hunger shot works actually as I'm pretty knackered, it's hard work having days off, so think I'll go for an early night.

Take care girls, be good

Hiya!

Hope you are both well.

Nessie: Hope you've managed to get back in the saddle. It is sooo hard to keep on the right track - you look in the mirror, like what you see, start to feel good and then suddenly the chatterbox starts putting foodie thoughts into your mind 'a little bit of this isn't going to hurt' or 'I'm doing so well, I deserve a treat' - I know at times I find it so tiring having these conversations with myself about doing the right thing - so I just try to take it one day at a time, and do the best I can do for that day without beating myself up if it doesn't go quite as planned. You are so near to the finishing line now, and I agree with what Dawn said, don't let this be the start of sliding backwards. I know its easier said than done sometimes - if it was easy none of us would ever have had a weight problem :D Keep strong hun - you can do it!!

Dawn: Hope you've had a nice day off with Hubby, and that you thoroughly enjoyed the carvery. Haven't been to one in a while (pre CD), but you've put me in the mood for one now :p

Still going OK with the points - was a little more relaxed over the weekend, but keeping plodding on during the week.

When my sis came round on Sunday I weighed her on my scales (naughty I know, but did it for a week on week comparison) and she had lost 4.5lbs since the previous Sunday. She was over the moon with that, and even hugged and kissed me when she got off. Was so pleased for her, what with the issues surrounding her thyroid and still waiting to treat it, I think she was thinking that her weight would be static. Its inspired her to keep going.

Sorted out a plan for her, and she was amazed at how calorific the foods she had been eating were. She made the mistake of thinking she was eating very little so how could she be gaining weight? - but her foods were calorie dense and low volume, or high vol & high calorie.
We speak or see each other most days, so help to spur each other on.

Anyway gotta get on, so I'll speak to you both later.

Take care - and be good!!! x

Oooh the carvery was lovely, turkey and loads of veg with a couple of boiled potatoes, simple and easy to do at home but seems like such a luxury going out and being able to 'fill your plate' without it doing any damage - I hope anyway.

When I started looking at calories one of the biggest areas I could see where I went wrong on portion size was breakfast cereals. I used to have a really large bowlful (with skimmed milk) and thought it was fine. I now realise I was probably having 3-400 calories in that one bowl. I do love breakfast cereals (one's like Special K, bran flakes, muesli so not bad ones) but now have to have them in a tiny bowl so I don't have more than 50g :( I would often snack on toast too, thinking it was ok because I was having 'healthy' bread full of seeds and whole grains - but they were still laden with calories!

I think I'm finally educating myself but I still see it as a very long road ahead.

Back