Last 'diet' of my life - 8 stone gone!

I didn't want it either and hoped that as I'm youngish the skin would improve.

Now I'd climb onto the surgeons table with scissors if one said they'd do it.

I have no qualms whatsoever about getting it removed. One of my main reasons for losing weight was so that I could wear what I wanted and I can't do that because I always need to keep my middle completely covered. There's only so much you can hide though.

I got really depressed the other day for a similar thing Jo.. was trying on summer things & realised that I can't wear strapless tops coz of the top of my arms, can't wear shorts coz of the top of my thighs & my stomach is a mess!! I hoped that losing weight would give me freedom as far as clothes are concerned but actually I feel as trapped as when I was big!!

If I could afford it I'd have the works done & under my chin which looks horrible too!

Linz it's very early days for you honey. Your loss has been very rapid so you need to be patient this summer and wear knee length shorts, shrugs and a control cossie instead of a bikini! Just enjoy the lack of sweating and see if it tightens up over the next year. Most of all stop putting so much pressure on yourself!! Remember where you were this time last year? You would have killed to look how you do now! Xxxx

Hi Jo, good evening too you. Linz i'm surprised at your comments love, you looked fine when we all met, go back and lok at the mirror, you're being way too harsh with yourself. I think you are suffering from false body image myself

Exactly, wise words Lisa! Just relax and enjoy (remember me slogging round the NEC and that you don't feel like that anymore!)

Linz it's very early days for you honey. Your loss has been very rapid so you need to be patient this summer and wear knee length shorts, shrugs and a control cossie instead of a bikini! Just enjoy the lack of sweating and see if it tightens up over the next year. Most of all stop putting so much pressure on yourself!! Remember where you were this time last year? You would have killed to look how you do now! Xxxx
Thanks hun.... I wouldn't say its been a rapid loss have been on this journey for 15 months now... I do hope that things will tighten up eventually! You are right tho have plenty of things that are good compared to how I was!

Hi Jo, good evening too you. Linz i'm surprised at your comments love, you looked fine when we all met, go back and lok at the mirror, you're being way too harsh with yourself. I think you are suffering from false body image myself
Thanks Jim... I think your right & have spoken with my nurse about it as I really don't see what everyone else does & I am concerned that i will push it too far as I still see a hugely overweight person at the mo. x

Exactly, wise words Lisa! Just relax and enjoy (remember me slogging round the NEC and that you don't feel like that anymore!)
Yes babes... it must seem crazy that I feel like I do but you are right there are things that are definately for the better!

Sorry Jo :hijack:

Thanks hun.... I wouldn't say its been a rapid loss have been on this journey for 15 months now... I do hope that things will tighten up eventually! You are right tho have plenty of things that are good compared to how I was!

Thanks Jim... I think your right & have spoken with my nurse about it as I really don't see what everyone else does & I am concerned that i will push it too far as I still see a hugely overweight person at the mo. x

Yes babes... it must seem crazy that I feel like I do but you are right there are things that are definately for the better!

Sorry Jo :hijack: hope you've had a fab weekend. xx

and that is what you ARE NOT Linz. I know where you are, i went through the same thing, clothes falling off me, yet I thought they were tight.

I know love, I still saw a fat man, others didn't. Very strange

I think I've mentioned it before,I walking through M&S looking for something, not realising that there was a full length fitting mirror at the end of the aisle, I saw this slim, skinny looking chap who looked familiar, then with a rush I realised it was me. It struck me that whenever I looked at myself in the mirror at home, I was always seeing the previous me, like an old film really.

rning all :) well said Lisa

I got really depressed the other day for a similar thing Jo.. was trying on summer things & realised that I can't wear strapless tops coz of the top of my arms, can't wear shorts coz of the top of my thighs & my stomach is a mess!! I hoped that losing weight would give me freedom as far as clothes are concerned but actually I feel as trapped as when I was big!!

If I could afford it I'd have the works done & under my chin which looks horrible too!

Im exactly the same Linz. But ive learnt il never be able to wear hotpants LOL- i just wear knee length shorts/skirts/dresses.
Oh if only we had the confidence of men eh?

Morning Jo - hope you are well xxx

Back