laughing cow!

afternoon all!
got two tubs of laughing cow extra light today as never tried before - any suggestions to what i can do with them? quite fancy using with pasta for a creamy sauce.
also, can u really have 6 for 1hexB???? x:D

Yes, you can have 6 x 17.5g laughing cow extra light triangles for an HEXA.
Sorry, no suggestions on recipes, as I've never used it for cooking, as I usually use philadelphia

yup i've always used philly previously.
Not even sure if i will like it - but always up for trying new things when dieting so thought i'd give it a whirl and experiment!!

lovly melted into baked pototo

in mash to oh and pasta yummm

also nice melted on quorn fillets

vegie.. so not tryed any meat things but at a guess u could stuff it with garlic into chicken fillets

luv the stuff gives me the cheese fix very nicely.. have freezer draw stuffed full as on roll back to 50p odd for 8 triangles at asda :D

Are very nice stirred in to garlic muchrooms made on the hob, just add to mushrooms in hot pan until melted into nice gooey sauce, nom nom :)

I use them to make chicken kievs (without the bread crumbs although you can use HEX B for that) mix a couple of triangles with your crushed garlic & slice you chicken down the side & stuff it with the mixture :) its really tasty.
Also with tuna pasta instead of mayo. X

I melt mine into baked beans.....or instand mash, if im having a lazy day, lol, or even just cut up small on new potatoes instead of butter. also, if im having a sandwich, or toast, I use them instead of butter. I'v always got them in, and love the fact that you can have 6 for a HEb.

Someone in my group made cauliflower cheese soup and said it was lovely. Just boil cauliflower, add 10 laughing cows and a teaspoon of smoked paprika. x

Pete’s Mushrooms in Laughing Cow Cheese

Serves 2
Ingredients

6-8 mushrooms, sliced
3 “Laughing Cow” cheese wedges (out of your daily allowance)
¼ tsp English mustard

Method

Spray a small frying pan with Fry Light and cook the mushrooms on a low light for a few minutes, add mustard, crumble the 3 cheese wedges and stir until they dissolve, add a small quantity of hot water to the mix to make a sauce, continue stirring, and keep stirring from time to time until cooked through.

MushroomsincheeseLarge.jpg

I use it in omlettes sometimes. Cook omlette quite a way through and then add little chunks, cut up from the triangles. it kind of melts a little and goes a bit gooey. Yum Yum x

Try this then!.......................

Pete’s Honey Glazed Sausages with Mash & Cauliflower

Serves 2
Ingredients
4 Sainsbury’s “Be good to yourself” extra lean Cumberland sausage 0.5 syn each
2 medium potatoes, Floury type Maris Piper or King Edwards
1/3 of a large Cauliflower & cut into florets
1tbsp runny honey 2.5 syns
1tbsp light soy sauce
1 cup frozen peas
3 Laughing Cow Cheese wedges ½ Hea

Method
Cook the sausage in a frying pan sprayed with Fry Light ,cook on a low light until cooked and light brown, add 1tbsp of runny honey, 1tbsp of light soy sauce, stir into the sausages until they are coated, keep cooking until glazed and golden in colour.
Boil the potatoes until soft, remove and mash, add Laughing Cow Cheese wedges blend until smooth.
Cook the Cauliflower florets for 4-5mins until "al dente".
Cook the peas for the same time.
Plate up and sprinkle the cauliflower with Paprika. Cover with homemade gravy.

HoneyGlazedSausagewithMashCauliflowerSmall.jpg

For me its replaced butter in anything savoury (sandwiches, baked potatoes, on toast) as it seems like such a waste to syn butter when you can have the cheese :p

Its nice to make mac cheese with too. Either phili or LC, whichever I have in the fridge handy :p I'm not a great fan of the Extra light version so I have the light one (5 of them a day i think?)

For me its replaced butter in anything savoury (sandwiches, baked potatoes, on toast) as it seems like such a waste to syn butter when you can have the cheese :p

Its nice to make mac cheese with too. Either phili or LC, whichever I have in the fridge handy :p I'm not a great fan of the Extra light version so I have the light one (5 of them a day i think?)

I was going to say exactly this. 5 of the Light ones is a HEX A as well and they taste so much nicer. I find the purple ones a little transparent but the light blue ones taste so much creamier.

I have mine mixed into instant mash, on toast, dropped in spaghetti hoops and beans, on a jacket potato, I microwave them for a few seconds to get a melty sauce for my pasta, as a spread for ryvita/scanbran/bread, in place of the butter when making pasta and sauce and I squish them into the grooves of celery for a snack with easy Superfree.

Back