Laura's bit of everything diet!

oh yeah on friday, I went out and I met a really nice guy, he asked me on date for next friday, fingers crossed hes normal! x

oooo is he hot? lmao

if you like noodles, i have recently discovered egg noodles from mns. you get 4 nests in a pack and a nest is like 80 cals
sooo good with some soy sauce
theres chinese style and then medium egg noodles too - which totally taste like the ones from a pot noodle
i usually have them with veg and some chicken or something but i never know how much pasta to have so it helps with my calorie control

Yeah he's not too bad haha ;) we are so alike which is a new thing for me! I normally go for opposites to me. Kinda quiet which I like cos I'm quite loud myself.

Ohh noodles sounds good. Haven't had them in ages.

I also like baked potato and plain beetroot. I'm pretty sure that is really weird :D

How exciting!! What ru going to wear? X

I haven't even thought about that. We are going out to eat so needs to be something nice but not too nice.

I woke up this morning and glandular fever/tonsillitis is back with a vengeance out of no where. I'm so angry/sad/misserable. I have 38 days to write my dissertation. I do not have time for this. Also I desperately want cuddles and I can't go round my parents cos I can't risk exposing my dad to infection. If he gets anything they won't operate and his kidney removal is next mon so no cuddles for me :(

Grumble grumble grumble ... sorry ladies!

Oh actually it's 36 days. Fml!

U need nice food, a hot water bottle, a tv in the bedroom and ur laptop in bed with you. You can do it. Hit the vit c and some garlic. You might want to try a supplement called chorella. U can get tablets from holland and barret. But u shouldn't drink with it- it will help you more then u will believe! Xx

Thanks guys :)

Oh no! Hope you feel better soon.

You can do it! (Dissertation that is) when I was doing mine my mum fell down the stairs, broke both her legs so I had to move home from Liverpool to care for her, commute to Liverpool (from York) twice a week for lectures, visit my mum everyday when she was in hospital (because she didnt like hospital food) when she was discharged I had to stay at home with her the days my dad/ brother were at work,I volunteered one day a week, and had to work one day a week and I still got first! Anything is possible!

Wow Lucy you are an inspiration! I certainly feel I don't work as hard as you though lol but just my dissertation, 1 essay and 1 exam to go. Not the end of the world. Just need to get my head down.
Feeling better than earlier so hopefully I will feel better tomorrow. Can't waste any more time!

Not feeling great, but feeling better than yesterday, there is hope yet! lol

Going out for lunch with my friend but I should be able to get some work done this evening.

Had a cheeky look on the scales this - I know, naughty! one day early ;) I was seriously shocked at what I saw tho lol

flicking between 17stone 7 / 17 stone 8 - which is -5/6

I dont really understand - Ive been eating out loads and I know Ive been trying to compensate for that but I didnt think I had done that well lol. Must be that my weigh in last week was severely effected by totm bloat. Plus I had seen the scales go down to 17 stone 10 before last weeks weigh in - so really its more like -2/3 lbs which is way more normal and sensible!

Anyway, who knows, probs be 18 stone when I step on them tmrw lol

Oh yeah I check every morning - just keeps me aware of how things are going! I dont obsess or freak out but I like to think it keeps me on the straight and narrow. The only times I dont like to weigh is when I know I have been naughty and I dont want to see the damage lol

oh yeah btw, I just noticed when I updated my signature for my next block of 6 week weigh ins that the last one is the day after my dissertation is due!

wow. bit mental, but I do like how it all comes together.

So official weigh in this morning is 17 stone 9 which makes much more sense. -4 lbs this week. Lovely. Nice start to my next 6 week block.

So yesterday I had my 2nd introductory session at bodymorph, this time with a dietician, who was lovely. No judgement and listened to me and understood my needs. I really pushed that I am very aware of what I should be eating, portion size, combinations etc but my problem was psychological and that I follow a cycle of binge and starve.

So, just to clarify - my cycle goes like this -

Phase 1 - Oh I am so fat and disgusting, I am going to lose weight *insert diet here*
Phase 2 - Getting on with the diet, doing relatively well
Phase 3 - I really don't fancy any food any more/everything disgusts me/I cba to cook/I dont want to leave the house * delete as appropriate
Phase 4 - Binge. Binge like there's no tomorrow. Binge til I vomit. Binge til I hate myself, regain any weight Ive lost plus more, feel disgusted in my appearance and eventually revist phase 1 to restart the cycle.

So I am just moving in to phase 3 right now, eating weird things - generally bad food and then eating nothing to compensate, I feel phase 4 around the corner, haunting me. BUT. This is the longest time I can remember being in phases 1,2&3 without getting to 4. The cycle is can be as short as 2 weeks and generally no longer than 2 months.

I am into my 5th month which is fricking awesome! SO YEAH. Back to the actual story.

She asked me what phase I was in, I said 2/3, she asked me what help I wanted and I said, I want coping mechanisms. I want ways to stop myself reaching phase 4. I want to go back to 2 without having to go through 3,4 and 1. It was so refreshing that she didnt feel the need to push diet plans and meal ideas and portion control. She was really versatile and said that I was clearly very perceptive and knew what I was talking about and that my main issues are mental so she is going to help break patterns and habits. So for the next 2 weeks I have 2 challenges. Eat breakfast every day - no matter how small. and try to eat at roughly the same times each day. Form some patterns. I really feel like this is a doable step for me. It also feels like coming at things from a different way.

I have spoken before about my worry that my goal - graduation in October, is too far away and is more daunting and intimidating than an effective motivator. So Ive got an interim goal! YAY.

So I have my next 6 week block (5 to go), the ending of which coincides with my dissertation hand-in, the week after I am having a party to celebrate and a sort of house warming. So I am aiming for -12lbs over the next 6 weeks.

or 1 stone exactly If I am thinking about my party the week after. So I am 4lbs down / 10 to go

16 stone 13 is the goal weight - I know being in the 16s would make me feel awesome. 4/5 years ago I was that weight.

I really hope I can do this.

aww thanks matey!

I am really worried about getting complacent as I feel really slim right now (YEAH REALLY) lol Its just because Ive not been this small in a couple years. Just need to keep in mind that I am still obese! lol Still plenty of work to be done!

Back