Laura's Diary - I'm back! :-)

hey Laura! glad to hear you had a good week and managed to keep within your points and do some damage control - its always so easy to go overboard! Glad your internet is up and running too, thought you mighta deserted us!!!

Good luck for the coming week :) xxx

Sounds like youve had a great week, love the naming ceremony idea :)

Hope you have a great loss this week

Thanks everyone for the lovely replies! I'm so glad my internet is back up and running! :D
I have a decision to make now - 3.5points left so I can either have a heinz potato and leek soup or a heinz winter vegetable broth + slice of bread...:confused:
To be honest both would be lovely as I'm freezing!

I know what you mean! I'm freezing too! This weather feels more like January! Brrrr! I'd go for the veggie one and have the bread :D x

I know what you mean! I'm freezing too! This weather feels more like January! Brrrr! I'd go for the veggie one and have the bread :D x

I've got the heating full on and still chilly! Well I went for the veg soup in the end...yum!

Am now going to watch some charmed before going to bed. Have an appointment at a job agency 2moro...fingers crossed she can offer me something!
Just put some pics of my wedding in my album on here :)

Well done on STS - sounds like you enjoyed yourself :)

Good luck on the job front tomorrow!

good luck with the job agency tomorrow! :) and you look beautiful in your pics! xxx

Thought I'd post and vent a bit...getting so nervous about the agency meeting. I know it's not an actual job interview but she sounded really keen on the phone which is good. But I've had a few let me down lately and don't think I could deal with another disappointment at the mo. My OH is working so hard and I feel so bad that I can't seem to find a job that suits me at the moment. He was so lovely to me when I quit my last job because of...well basically it could be called bullying. My boss was so cruel at work - so many people complained about her but nothing ever changed so I decided I had to leave as it was such an unhealthy atmosphere! :(
Just spoke to my mum and she just said that even if nothing comes of today then I've still got a few job applications in...which is true but still it's getting frustrating!
Oh well...going to try to think positively now as I'm not normally this negative :)
Hope everyone else is having/has a good morning!

Hope the meeting/interview goes well for you today, You did the right thing in leaving your old job i think! noone should have to go to a job where they are bullied! ...
Think positive! ... Let us know how you get on xx

Hope the meeting goes well! I'm sure it will! You look stunning in your wedding photos and i just love the cake! x

Good luck with the interview. Love the pics - you both look very happy. Your hubby has lovely hair - I love long hair on men. My OH had long hair before he met me but he won't grow it back out :(

Thanks everyone for their lovely replies!:D
The agency meeting went very well, she was really keen to send my CV off for a job she has so said she would do that straight away and as it's immediate start asked if I was free for interview Friday! Only thing is she is supposed to call me today so fingers crossed she does as I hate it when they just leave you hanging as so many have done to me.
Went to the gym last night with my friend...done the most we have ever done there. Was there over an hour :D We had to have our membership cards made up and had to have a picture...which he decided to take right after our hrs workout...I look like a grinning tomato in my pic :D
Am going shopping with my mum this afternoon as I don't feel I've spent much time with her or my dad lately. Then am going gym and swimming later on which I'm really looking forward to!
Hope everyone has a good day :)

Thanks everyone for their lovely replies!:D
The agency meeting went very well, she was really keen to send my CV off for a job she has so said she would do that straight away and as it's immediate start asked if I was free for interview Friday! Only thing is she is supposed to call me today so fingers crossed she does as I hate it when they just leave you hanging as so many have done to me.
Went to the gym last night with my friend...done the most we have ever done there. Was there over an hour :D We had to have our membership cards made up and had to have a picture...which he decided to take right after our hrs workout...I look like a grinning tomato in my pic :D
Am going shopping with my mum this afternoon as I don't feel I've spent much time with her or my dad lately. Then am going gym and swimming later on which I'm really looking forward to!
Hope everyone has a good day :)

Glad the meeting went well, it sounds promising!

Well done on the gym sesh too! Thats fab! Cant say i am envious about the photo at all! Lol.Have a great day shopping! What a great way to lose a few pounds!;)xx

Any news from the employment agency hon?

The agency rang me this afternoon and said that their client was really keen and she will ring me on Mon to arrange an interview....:D:D
Thanks for asking :)

So today was quite busy. Went shopping with mum which was lovely we had a great chat. She is really supportive with me trying to lose weight...she struggles with her weight as well so is dieting too. Picked up some Terry Pratchett Discworld books for my brother for xmas(I made him read one and now he's addicted!) Then my OH met us and we carried on looking around the shops. I really enjoyed spending time with my mum...her and my dad have a busy weekend but hopefully I can pop by to see them both as I miss hanging out with my dad...even though I haven't lived with them for a couple of years I still miss seeing them all the time. Think it's cos I still see my sister almost everyday but not my parents as much.
My friend then cancelled on the gym as she was feeling a bit down...but said she needed to go food shopping so me and my OH went with her as she wanted some company. We went to this place called Merton Abbey Mills which has a few shops plus a huge supermarket so I accidently ended up doing more shopping :rolleyes:
Got my OH (when he wasn't looking) a new wallet. Got my brother an England shirt he wanted and a Chelsea glass and keyring.
Had a laugh as we got so lost on the way there and ended up taking all the back roads!
Glad we managed to cheer up our friend a little! :)
So now going to watch more Charmed and off to bed...or stay on here a bit and post...the 2nd one is more likely! :D

even if you bought more food you did a lot of steps around the supermarket if it was big? :D does your mum do weight watchers too?

My mum does WW at home like me. We both went to a class but left as it was so expensive...she's lost a bit so that's good! So we support eachother which is nice. :)

I feel a bit rough today...have a bit of a cold but drinking lots of water and eating/drinking warm things so it shouldn't get much worse.
My friend has a half-day at work today and is having a Body Shop party tonight so think me and my sister are meeting up with her this afternoon to help out. Looking forward to a good girlie night...got some WW wine so can have a bit to drink...not sure what it'll taste like though.
Am kinda worried about my sister as she seems a bit down lately. She suffers from panic attacks (as do I) and she had to leave her Uni course as she kept having them so it wasn't worth making herself ill over. The problem is she dreams of working on a farm or something outdoors with animals...she has already worked on a childrens farm but left to go to Uni and doesn't want to go bk as it wasn't good pay, wasn't really a career...etc. But there are no farming/agriculture jobs around here and now she is looking at just giving up on her dream and working in customer service. Any I don't know how to help her...I always have her round and found her her last farm job and helped her with Uni...I just can't cope seeing her upset/defeated :cry:
Ok this was more of a vent than I thought it would be...sorry to moan.

Sorry to hear about your sister - I often think I'd rather have problems or illnesses myself than watch someone I love go through something I can't do anything about.

Do you both have any support with the panic attacks? I can sympathise - had my first one when I was 11 or 12 and have had them ever since. Have you checked out www.nopanic.org.uk ?

Back