Laura's Diary - I'm back! :-)

oh thats sad about your sister thinking of giving up her dream :( really hope that something coms up for you both!

Sorry to hear about your sister - I often think I'd rather have problems or illnesses myself than watch someone I love go through something I can't do anything about.

Do you both have any support with the panic attacks? I can sympathise - had my first one when I was 11 or 12 and have had them ever since. Have you checked out www.nopanic.org.uk ?

Thanks...yeah it is harder watching someone you care about suffer. Thanks for the website link...it's look very interesting :)

oh thats sad about your sister thinking of giving up her dream :( really hope that something coms up for you both!

Thanks! :)

Yesterday was a good day...went to the shops briefly with my friend. Met up with another friend and her week-old baby :D He is so small and adorable! She is bringing him round for a longer visit on Mon.
Went back to my friends to help her get ready for her Body Shop party. Which was really good...spent too much money tho :p
Played some games and tested out products etc.
My sister didn't come in the end as she felt ill...think she's getting a bit down again and mentally convincing herself she's not feeling well. Think deep down she knows this as well...I try so hard each time this happens to her to help bring her out of the rutt. It's strange as normally she's positive but every now and then (normally when she hasn't got a job or when Uni went bad for her) she just gets so negative. I'm one of these people where the glass is half full as I think there's always someone out there with harder problems etc. Just trying to get my sister to see that it's not the end of the world and she can get through this rough time. Hopefully I can do it...again :D

I've got some interesting information from Shift somewhere with role models of people who have had all sorts of emotional problems and who have succeeded in spite of them - very inspirational. I'm off work sick at the moment but will rummage it out when I get back and will send to you, you might find it interesting.

One of the most important things I have learned in life is that there are only two things we have no choice over - we take up space and we all eventually die. Everything else is a choice, even though it might not feel like the options are very good at the time. I have struggled with my own demons since I was a child and have still succeeded but it took time. I dropped out of Uni after having severe panic attacks at sixth form. I'm now 44 and have a masters degree and work to ensure equal rights for disadvantaged people. I still have my fair share of emotional problems and, as I said, I'm off sick at the moment, but I'm doing things I never dreamed would be possible when I was twenty.

All love to you and to your sister. All things are possible x

Thanks Karenlou...sorry that you have been struggling with panic attacks...they really can be horrible! Although I'm glad to hear that you are in a better place now than you were. :) You're job sounds really interesting and rewarding!
I keep telling my sister that all things are possible...sometimes you just need to discover a different route to your goal.
I quit my last job because I was basically being bullied by my boss and was having panic attacks so frequently it became unhealthy. My sister left Uni due to them...so we try to help eachother. I'm in a much better place...only just got there a few weeks ago...but I feel more peaceful and at ease. Doesn't mean panic attacks will go away but means I can deal with them better. Just going to help cheer my sister up and hopefully she will soon see that there's other options for her and that it all turns out alright in the end :D

...sometimes you just need to discover a different route to your goal...

Very true. Sometimes you need to put things in the phucket bucket as well and leave them there because they are unhelpful. Can be hard to do.

Sorry to hear about your bullying boss - been there and done that and it's awful.

Hugs to you and your sister x

Thanks Karenlou your replies have been really helpful :)
Am feeling more positive today...had a chat with my sister and am going to see her 2moro and help her clear out her room a bit. Which I think will help as I find sorting through things a bit of a stress relief. Also we going to go through some childhood books, tapes...etc which should be a giggle! :D
Had a relaxing day today...me and OH just chilled out. Ordered some xmas pressies online and made sure we had ideas for what to get everyone. Rang my grandad and had a nice chat with him...he has a bad hip but they keep postponing his op :mad: Luckily he doesnt have to have a full replacement (as he did with his knee).
Watched X-Factor and got overly annoyed at Laura leaving! Now am going to watch some Charmed then off to bed soon as OH has to be up for work at 5:30!!! :eek:
Hope everyone is having a good weekend?!:)

i love chillaxing days.. theyre brill :D i had one today - sauntered round Middlesborough and shopped.. was great! One thing though - you totally know you're in Boro when every toilet you go in has blue lighting to stop people injecting! LOL :p

Well I didn't get to go round my parents to see my sister today as her and my mum have this stomach bug thingy. So I just had a chat with them both on the phone.
My friend came round and we wrote out some of our xmas cards which was a good laugh...trying to get everything done early this yr.
OH cooked a lovely dinner, fajitas (can't spell it lol)
Tomorrow I am seeing my friend and her little baby boy that she had last week which will be really nice. Haven't been able to have a proper chat with her as shes, understandably, been very busy. Also think my sister-in-law is popping round with our 3month old niece so that will also be lovely :) My other sister-in-law is actually due to go into labour any day now.
Fingers crossed I will hear back from that agency about an interview date for that job 2moro...wish me luck! Oh and nearly forgot it's WI 2moro as well so wish me luck for that too :D

Sounds like you've got a very busy Monday! Good luck with the WI and hearing about that job interview x
PS hope yr mum and sister are better soon

I must be really thick, but how does blue lighting prevent that? Does it mean you can't find a vein?

I was thinking the same thing!! So
Naïve!! lol

yep, makes your skin look blue, its even difficult to see freckles / moles etc

Well I didn't get to go round my parents to see my sister today as her and my mum have this stomach bug thingy. So I just had a chat with them both on the phone.
My friend came round and we wrote out some of our xmas cards which was a good laugh...trying to get everything done early this yr.
OH cooked a lovely dinner, fajitas (can't spell it lol)
Tomorrow I am seeing my friend and her little baby boy that she had last week which will be really nice. Haven't been able to have a proper chat with her as shes, understandably, been very busy. Also think my sister-in-law is popping round with our 3month old niece so that will also be lovely :) My other sister-in-law is actually due to go into labour any day now.
Fingers crossed I will hear back from that agency about an interview date for that job 2moro...wish me luck! Oh and nearly forgot it's WI 2moro as well so wish me luck for that too :D

sorry to hear your mum and sis are ill - everyone seems to have it at the mo! you sound like you have a really busy tomorrow, but i hope you enjoy it.. its always lovely seeing family and friends :) xxx

Thanks guys!! :)
Well WI this morning and lost 1lb...it's going slow but at least I lost this week instead of STS. :D And I'm just happy that since I started I haven't put anything on any week :)
Well going to just in the bath as I'm cold and woke up all achey.
My friend can't make it round today as her midwife's coming round but doesn't give her a time so she asked to rearrange till 2moro. So we are going to my sister-in-laws to see her and our baby niece...saves her coming out in the rain. Should be going to the gym later...if my friend lets me down again I will have to start going alone.
Hope everyone has a good day! :)

Thanks guys!! :)
Well WI this morning and lost 1lb...it's going slow but at least I lost this week instead of STS. :D And I'm just happy that since I started I haven't put anything on any week :)
Well going to just in the bath as I'm cold and woke up all achey.
My friend can't make it round today as her midwife's coming round but doesn't give her a time so she asked to rearrange till 2moro. So we are going to my sister-in-laws to see her and our baby niece...saves her coming out in the rain. Should be going to the gym later...if my friend lets me down again I will have to start going alone.
Hope everyone has a good day! :)

Well done on the loss! And check you out with the gym! You're doing great!x

well done on the loss thats great :) have you thought about giving Core a go for a week? that really kickstarted my weight loss. good luck with the interview :) xxx

Yeeeeeey I have an interview! The agency just rang and have got me at interview 2moro afternoon :eek:
I'm soooo excited but also really scared! I'm really confident talking to people but get scared about little things like finding my way around, answering questions right, and looking nice etc :confused:
I really need this job so hopefully it will go well but I just get soooo nervous...the nerves go after the first few mins but by then you've normally already made an impression!
But anyway back to the YEEEEEEY! :D:D:D

Yeeeeeey I have an interview! The agency just rang and have got me at interview 2moro afternoon :eek:
I'm soooo excited but also really scared! I'm really confident talking to people but get scared about little things like finding my way around, answering questions right, and looking nice etc :confused:
I really need this job so hopefully it will go well but I just get soooo nervous...the nerves go after the first few mins but by then you've normally already made an impression!
But anyway back to the YEEEEEEY! :D:D:D

Oooh wow! Best of luck for tomorrow afternoon, i will have everything crossed for you! YEEEEEEEEEY you!xx

Back