Laura's Diary - I'm back! :-)

Thanks guys! :D
Can anyone tell me how to give reputation points? Sorry I know there's probably a tutorial on it but I'm being lazy lol :p
I'm in such a hyperactive christmassy mood today! I've been tidying up the house a bit so that it's ready for when we put up the decs. Got most of my presents ready to be wrapped. And have written out nearly all my christmas cards...all whilst listening to xmas music!! :D
I need to calm down though as I always hurt myself in the lead-up to xmas cos I'm too excited. 2 years ago I ended up hurting my bk and couldn't move all christmas...how? Cos I was running down the stairs too fast to get to some xmas cards that had been delivered and fell :rolleyes:
I can never sleep xmas eve cos I get way too excited!
Anyways having some friends over tonight for dinnner. Although think we are getting fish and chips as there will be about 6-7 of us and it's not fair to keep asking my OH to cook for us. Going to do a secret santa between us all...yey!
Not sure if my interview is on 2moro as the agency rang and said they may want to rearrange it for next tues.
Went shopping the other night with OH, sister and friend...and totally embarrassed myself...twice! First time was when I found some xmas undies that I wanted my OH to buy me cos they were cute...but wanted to show my sis and friend 1st...so then said (my sister said I said it very loud) "Michael you can take my knickers now cos I've shown them to everyone!" :hide:
Then I went down an aisle and thought my OH followed me...and I saw a penguin tin (I love penguins) so I turned round and pointed at the tin and said (very exictedly) "Yey look at the penguin tin" and then grinned. The guy...turned out to be a stranger and not my OH and actually thought I was kinda crazy and just said "yeh...erm...it's cute.." and walked off!
Well I better go and finish tidying up a bit but hope you are all having a good day...and here's some smilies that made me smile!
:xmastree::48::smiley1842::33::26::4616:

to the bottom of each person post, on the left hand side there is a little picture of scales. If you click on that it will give you the option to give reputation to whoever's post you clicked on :)

also, LOL on the knickers and the penguin tin - i ran upto someone i thought was Matty in a supermarket once and I grabbed hold of his hand and leant in for a kiss before i realised this guy wasnt him! He looked rather horrified too LOL :D

how're you feeling anyway? x

Well done on your loss this week, thats brilliant :)

Love the penguin and knickers incidents - i do things like that all the time; am particularly good at chatting to total strangers while OH has deliberately dropped back and is laughing his head off at me - tis soooo embarrassing :eek: but he seems to get a kick out of it :rolleyes:

Shame the interview has been postponed :sigh:

Enjoy your fish and chips - am dead jealous :jelous: xxx

Thanks girls!:)
Yeeey...the agency rang me back and said she had spoken to the woman about the interview and that the interview can go ahead 2moro as planned! And she said they were really keen on me...so hopefully it'll go well...still trying not to get my hopes up though and still really really nervous!
Had some friends round for fish and chips and a good chat. Then we went to watch our local pub darts team play and caught up with some more friends...feels like we just haven't got the time to meet up with people lately. I've realised as you get older you really find out who your true friends are, even though I'm still friends with people that I used to be close to, you just seem to drift apart. I'm really upset/annoyed about a girl who was one of the brisemaids at our wedding...she's just had a baby and seems to be making time for everyone else except us. She keeps blowing off plans for me to pop round to see her but then I find out she's meeting up with random people she's never even been that close to. We have done so much for her (including lending her £900 over a year ago now!) Maybe I should just accept that we have grown apart...although I'm not sure why :sigh:
Well gonna finish watching some of our Charmed and go to bed now...wish me luck for 2moro.:D

Thanks girls!:)
Yeeey...the agency rang me back and said she had spoken to the woman about the interview and that the interview can go ahead 2moro as planned! And she said they were really keen on me...so hopefully it'll go well...still trying not to get my hopes up though and still really really nervous!

Quick post as i'm lurking and having a quick catch-up!

Best of luck for the interview! I hope it goes well! I'd cross my fingers but you dont need it - you will be great! Go knock 'em dead hun!x

oooo interview back on ... fingers and toes crossed that it went well :D Keep us posted :) xxx

Thanks everyone! It really makes me smile coming here and reading all the lovely posts! :grouphugg:
Interview went ok...it's between me and another person so will find out on Tues. She said it is a really hard decision so has to think it over...fingers crossed. But at least she likes me so even if I don't get it the agency will get good feedback about me and hopefully help me find something else. Just keep my fingers crossed though as really need a job and this one would definitely suit me.
Popped in to see my friend after the interview as he's not working at the mo. Chilled out round his for a bit and watched some tv whilst chatting then my OH came round after he finished work.
Feel really tired tonight for some reason, might be just the end of my cold. Think I'm gonna get an early night tonight :nightf:
Hope everyone has had a good day!xxx

Glad your interview went well and well done you for getting down to the final two - it must be a close call if she needs till Tuesday to think about it and decide. Whatever the outcome you should be well chuffed with yourself :)

Hope you fully recovered soon xxx

Thanks Jax, your comment did make me feel better about myself. :)
So today I'm in a really motivated mood...I just feel like something has clicked and I feel really happy about things. It's like someone shot me with a positivity ray or something. :bliss:
I've been sticking to my points but not kept up with my food diary here which I think helped so will go and update that soon. Also I haven't been exercising as much as I could be so am going to up that...go to the gym more, swimming, aerobics dvds at home, walking etc. Have been tidying the house a bit today so am going to carry on doing that so by the time OH gets in it will all be nice and clean. I feel I sometimes take my OH for granted...he's so great. He's so supportive of my weight loss, gets on great with my friends and family, if I go out I know that when I get home he will have done the washing up, clothes washing, hoovering, or whatever needs doing. So it's his day off 2moro so I think I'll find something really nice for us to do...go for a lovely walk or something.
Am going to get back on with cleaning the house (whilst listening to xmas music of course hehe).
And also wanted to say thanks to everyone on here as you guys help to make me feel more positive as well and you're all such an inspiration. :thankyou: xx

omgggg u just made me laff out loud in my living room thank god its only a 4 1/2 mnth i got a funny look from..... the penguine and underwear thing was hillarious lol....

Good luck on ur interview hun and ur wee post was lovely... have fun cleaning to ur music lol christmas music is banned in this house till dec and thank god im of on maternity cuz work usualy has it on since start of nov so by the time xmas comes around i wanna kill santa clause** cover ur childrens eyes and ears :O did i just say that out loud.... I LOVE U SANTAAAAAA :) XX

glad you're feeling more motivated and happy Laura :) must be the xmas spirit :D how is your WW going this week? where are all your exciting food entries? :) x

Hey Rach, I think it is the xmas spirit! WW is going well..I completely forgot about my food diary section so will start using it again soon. At the mo I'm just writing my points down on post-its lol!
How are you today? xx

Well we are off to a friends tonight to play some poker...should be good meeting up with people and having a few drinks. Haven't drunk much in ages so could be funny.
Hope everyone has a lovely evening! :)

Thanks Jax, your comment did make me feel better about myself. :) So today I'm in a really motivated mood...I just feel like something has clicked and I feel really happy about things. It's like someone shot me with a positivity ray or something. :bliss:

Thought i'd already replied to this but I can't find my reply :confused: Was just to say, its my pleasure - that's what we're all here for - to support and motivate each other :)

Take care and enjoy yourself tonight :D xxx

hope you had a good time poker-ing last night :D x

Thanks girls...I did have a really good time last night. Made sure I saved up some points over the week as I knew I would be drinking last night. Ended up being quite drunk which was quite fun actually as it's been a while since I've had anything alcoholic :)
Have somehow avoided the hang-over at the moment...hopefully it wont hit me later.
We didn't get home till about 2am last night so am quite tired today...probably just going to chill out indoors today as it's OH's day off.
Hope everyone has a good weekend! xx

Back