Laura's Diary - My first -7lbs! :-)

so pleased your losses have started again hun :D thats fantastic! only 5 more pounds and you'll be out of those 17s :D xxx

Woo on the loss!! And as Rach says, 5 more and ur in a whole new bracket :) yay!!!! :) xx

Thanks girls! :D

Have been able to start my exercise again properly now as my sprained ankle appears to be back to normal. Hopefully that will help the lbs come off quicker! :)

Work wasn't too bad yesterday doing the new late shift...although it did feel strange not getting home till 7! I am doing our old late shift today and tomorrow as one of the girls who is on the early shift is off and can't leave the other girl on her own for 1hr and a half in morning as that's when we're busiest. So I get to do 9-5 instead of 10-6 :D

Will be doing some wii fit and maybe some Just Dance when I get home. Then going to soak in a nice bath as I feel like I might have a bit of a chill coming on.

Food Diary (Week 8 Day 4):
B - Cereal (1.5), Milk 1/4 pint purple top (1)
L - Cup-a-soup (2) Roll (2) Marg. (1).
D - BBQ Turkey lasagne - (10.5)
S - Alpen bar (1.5) French Fries (1.5) Muller Light (1.5) Blueberries (1) Milk 1/4 pint purple top (1).
Total - 24.5/26 Saved - 3.5 so far.

Hope everyone is having a good day! xx

Have a nice day Laura

Thanks Kally xx

Another really busy week at work last week, hopefully this week won't be as hectic...although I say that every Monday!
Am on holiday next week though so that's good.

Had a lovely weekend, done a lot of relaxing on Saturday. On Sunday it was my in-laws Ruby Wedding Aniversary and they were at their caravan in Horsham. So we went up their with OH's sister, husband, and neice. Then we met up with OH's brother, wife, and nephew. We all went out for a lovely meal at a pub in Horsham. It was really nice and all pointed as I'd saved some points over the week. Our neice hasn't been very well but she seemed a lot more like herself yesterday. Last week she had some sort of convulsion brought on by a high temperature. She had to go to hospital and they said it was caused by an ear infection. Just said to keep an eye on her as apparently the convulsions could happen again. She's still not completely better but is getting there!

Had WI on Saturday and lost another 1lb...seems to be going very slowly but at least it's coming off. Didn't exercise much last week as work was so busy I was knackered when I got home. Am on earlys this week so hopefully can kick start my exercise routine and get a bigger results next week.

Food Diary (Week 9 Day 3):
B - Cereal (1.5) Milk 1/4 pint purple top (1)
L - Cup-a-Soup (2) Roll (2) Marg. (1)
D - Turkey steak (2.5) Puff pastry 1/4 sheet (4.5) Stock (0) Leeks (0) Asparagus (0) Carrots (0) Marg 4tsp (2) Streaky bacon x 1 (1.5) Mash potato and marg x 1 scoop (1)
S - Cereal bar (1.5) Quavers (1.5) Milk 1/4 pint purple top (1) Cheddars (2)
Total - 25/26 Saved - 1.

Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend! xx

Well done on the weight loss.

Thankyou for popping in my diary x

Well done on the weight loss.

Thankyou for popping in my diary x

Thanks for your comments! :) xx

Sorry I have been AWOL for the last 2 weeks...things have been a bit manic here.

Firstly my grandad ended up back in hospital as he had some more problems with his heart and it didn't look very good at first. But luckily he seems to be strong and has been gradually getting better while the hospital decide what they can do. We are also still waiting for his appointment to find out whether the treatment he had for the lung cancer has worked at all, so fingers crossed for that.

Last Tuesday we were on holiday in Bournemouth for a few days, just a little break...which was very much needed! Luckily we had lovely weather and managed to go swimming in the sea and get some walking done. However didn't stick to points as I had hoped to do. Also missed 2 WIs with what was going on with my grandad.

Had a WI this Saturday and gained 2lbs, I was actually expecting to have gained more so that's not too bad. Am back to work tomorrow and have been back to 100% points today.

Hope everyone has been keeping well! Will catch up with diaries tomorrow as I have lots of washing/ironing to finish now! xx

Welcome back! :) Sorry to hear about ur grandad, but glad to hear he's doing better now. And 2lbs isnt bad at all for having two weeks off :)

xx

Welcome back! :) Sorry to hear about ur grandad, but glad to hear he's doing better now. And 2lbs isnt bad at all for having two weeks off :)

xx

Thanks Lainie! :) xx

So back to work today. Couldn't get to sleep last night so feel really tired this morning, an early night tonight I think.

Food Diary (Week 11 Day 5):
B: Cereal (1.5) Milk 1/4 pint semi (1)
L: Cup-a-Pasta cheese flavour (3.5)
D: Chicken breast (2.5) Sweet potato x 2 (4) 1/2 tin baked beans (2)
S: Apple (0.5) Cherry muller light yogurt (1.5) Cereal bar (1.5) Banana (1.5)

Total - 19.5/26 (will update later)

Hope everyone's having a good day! xx

Hope you've been having a good day hon :) xx

Hope you've been having a good day hon :) xx

Thanks xx :)

Last week was so busy at work! I'm really hoping that it starts to quieten down soon.

On Friday my friend came round as it was my sister birthday on Sunday so she wanted to see her and drop off her pressie. We ended up getting takeaway (all pointed as I had some points saved). It was a good night - lots of laughing :D
On Saturday we chilled out and watched some movies with my sister. Then on Sunday I done some cleaning and washing/ironing. Then as it was my sisters birthday we just relaxed in the evening with her.

On lates this week, my first full week doing them. It's only 1 week out of 4 but it makes the week seem to go much slower.

WI result for Saturday was -1lb, so hopefully going to start losing again following my bad couple of weeks!

Food Diary (Week 12 Day 3):
B - Ceral (1.5) Milk 1/4 pint semi (1)
S - Apple & Grape Juice 250ml (1.5) Cereal Bar (1.5)
L - Bread x 2 (2) Philadelphia 1tbsp (1.5) Lettuce (0) Apple (0.5)
S - French Fries (1.5)
D - Sausage Goulash (5) Rice 60g (3)
S - Melon Slices x 2 (2) Yogurt (1.5) Milk 1/4 pint semi (1)

Total - 23/26 Saved - 3

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend and is having a good Monday! xx

Well done on the -1lb!! :) woo!! Sounds like you had a fun weekend :)

Have a great monday :) xx

Yesterday was a little bit quieter at work which was really good. Hopefully this is the start of our quieter period which last year lasted all the way until after Christmas...so fingers crossed!

It was my first day doing the later shift on my own. There are 4 of us full-time so we normally do 8:30-4:30 but for one week out of four one of us will now be doing 10-6. It wasn't too bad actually. The hour and half on my own went so quickly as there was a lot to do. Will see how it is the rest of the week.

Have got a really horrible cold at the moment. It started over the weekend with just the sniffles. But now I feel so bunged up...am just about to have a mint and eucalyptus tea which normally really helps. Had such an early night last night because of it, I just felt really worn out!
Hopefully it won't last too long!

Food Diary (Week 12 Day 4):
B - Wheetabix x 2 (2) Milk 1/4 pint purple top (1) 1tsp Sugar (0.5)
S - Apple & Grape juice 250ml (1.5) Ceral Bar (1.5)
L - Sainsburys Chicken & Veg Cup-a-soup (1.5) Roll (2) Marg (1)
S - French Fries (1.5) Apple (0.5)
D - Lentil & Carrot Burgers and Potato wedges (9)
S - Melon x 2 slices (1.5) Yogurt (1.5)

Total - 25/26 Total saved so far - 4.

Hope everyone's having a good day! xx :)

Hey hon :)

Sorry to hear about the impending cold, they really do suck don't they :( i've been sensing mine coming now for about a week or so... my throat this morning is now sore and tickly so I guess that's it then..rubbish!! lol...

Menu looking good for the day , thinkin that's the way I should go, point it all out at the start of the day, then I know what i've had and what I have left to play with lol ..

Anyway hope u have a wonderful day! :) xx

haha when you said late shift, i was thinking 9/10/11/12 oclock at night! :p

glad your points are still going well - whens next WI? x

Hey hon :)

Sorry to hear about the impending cold, they really do suck don't they :( i've been sensing mine coming now for about a week or so... my throat this morning is now sore and tickly so I guess that's it then..rubbish!! lol...

Menu looking good for the day , thinkin that's the way I should go, point it all out at the start of the day, then I know what i've had and what I have left to play with lol ..

Anyway hope u have a wonderful day! :) xx

Thanks! :) My cold is gradually starting to get a bit better, hopefully yours is too.
I find it much easier to point everything at the start of the day, it gives me a clear idea of what I've used and what I've got left to eat. xx

haha when you said late shift, i was thinking 9/10/11/12 oclock at night! :p

glad your points are still going well - whens next WI? x

Haha! Our 'late shift' isn't actually that bad, it's just that you're left on your own. :p
Next WI is Saturday - fingers crossed for a loss although won't be too much as not really getting much exercise done because of this cold. xx

Last night I got soaked on the way home from work. Had my umbrella but it didn't really help much. So when I got in I had a quick shower and then curled up on the sofa with my sister's blanket.
I went to bed really early and can't even remember falling asleep, must have been out like a light.

Am working this Sunday so really hope this cold goes soon!

Food Diary (Week 12 Day 5):
B - Cereal (1.5) Milk 1/4 pint purple top (1).
S - Cereal Bar (1.5)
L - Cup-a-Soup (1.5) Roll (2) Marg (1)
S - French Fries (1.5) Apple (0.5)
D - Pasta Bake - Pasta 90g (4.5) 1/2 Jar Sauce (3) Cheese 30z (3) Breadcrumbs (1) Carrots (0) Peas (0)
S - Melon (1.5) Yogurt (1.5) Milk (2)

Total - 26/26 Total saved so far - 4.

mmmmm pasta bake! which jar sauce do you use? i could do with stocking up so i have something nice and easy to stick in the oven when i get home :) x

mmmmm pasta bake! which jar sauce do you use? i could do with stocking up so i have something nice and easy to stick in the oven when i get home :) x

Pasta bake was so yummy! We use Home Pride cheese and ham (or could be bacon). It's so easy to cook when you just want something quick.

So last night was another night where I just relaxed and went to bed early. My cough is now quiet chesty so taking medicine for it. Just hope I get rid of it soon!

Food Diary (Week 12 Day 6):
B - Cereal (1.5) Milk 1/4 pint purple top (1)
S - Orange juice 250ml (1.5) Cereal Bar (1.5)
L - Cup-a-Pasta cheese flavour (3.5)
S - Banana (1.5) French Fries (1.5)
D - Chicken Kiev (6) 2 scoops mash potato with marg (2) Carrots (0) Brocolli (0) Gravy granules (1)
S - Melon 2 slices (1.5) Yogurt (1.5)

Total - 24/26 Total saved so far - 6

Had a really relaxing and chilled out day yesterday which has left me feeling really positive and motivated. Had yesterday off as a lieu day as I worked Sunday. Work on Sunday wasn't bad really, it was only 6 hours and went by so quickly!

Spent the whole of yesterday writing up some recipes in our little folder and sorting out some bits.

WI result on Saturday was another -1lb so it's coming off slowly but surely.

Food Diary (Week 13 Day 4):
B - Cereal (1.5) Milk 1/4 pint semi skimmed (1)
S - Orange juice 250ml (1.5) Cereal Bar (1.5)
L - Wafer thin ham (1) Bread x 2 slices (3) Marg (1) Mustard (0)
S - Wotsits (1.5) Apple (0.5)
D - Chicken Casserole - Chicken breast (2.5) Gravy granules (1) Stock (0) Cauliflower (0) Butter beans (1) Fry Light Spray (1) Potatoes (3)
S - Peach (0.5) Low fat custard 1/2 can (2.5)
Total - 23/26 Total saved so far - 3.

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend and is having a good day! xx

i love doing stuff like that :D i find it dead soothing to do it, but at same time i usually have things i need to do more and i'm procrastinating :D

thanks for the homepride tip, gonna grab myself some so i can make some quick tea's and lunches :) x

i love doing stuff like that :D i find it dead soothing to do it, but at same time i usually have things i need to do more and i'm procrastinating :D

thanks for the homepride tip, gonna grab myself some so i can make some quick tea's and lunches :) x

That's OK Rach, I love the homepride sauces, they're just so quick and easy but tasty still! xx

Have been really busy the last few days. On Wednesday I popped round my best friend's house after work for a bit. Had a chat out in the garden and then went and played Super Mario Bros on the Wii...I am officially not very good at it, but it's a really fun game!
Then on Thursay we went round to another friends house and had dinner their with them and our (sort-of) God Son. I never know what to refer to him as because it was a Naming Ceremony and we were his Supportive Adults. Then they wanted us to play Rock Band on the Wii with them. It was really fun, I wasn't great at it though...wasn't too bad on the drums but the guitar took me a while to get the hang of. It was a good evening!

On Friday evening we went on a big food shopping trip so didn't get home till late and was knackered so had an early night.
Then on Saturday we took a walk to our local garden centre to pick up a present for my sister-in-law. Then we made a turkey and leek pie to take round to her house for dinner. It was so yummy and our neice loved it! Later that evening we went to a social club that her husbands family all belong to for a quiz night. We came 4th out of 6 so didn't do too great...it was the geography round that let us down. It was a laugh.
On Sunday I spent the morning washing, ironing and tidying up. Then we went for a walk in the early evening, but it started to rain so it was only a short walk.

WI result on Saturday was STS which is OK as I had a few meals out last week which I didn't completely point. Am back to 100% today!

Food Diary (Week 14 Day 3):
B - Ceral (1.5) Milk (1)
S - Apple and Mango Juice 250ml (1.5) WW Sultana & Cinnamon Cookies (1.5)
L - Roll (2) Marg (1) Cup-a-Soup (1.5)
S - Monster Munch (1.5) Apple (0.5)
D - Spanish Tortilla and Potatas Bravas (7.5)
S - Grapes (1) Muller Light (1.5) Milk (1) Sugar (1)
Total - 24/26 Total saved so far - 2.

Hope everyone had a good weekend! xx

Last edited:
Back