lauryn's jouney to being a yummy mummy!

Same here Miss Mac! What are we like hey!?

I was even saying to myself before I started, "well maybe I can have 1 bad day at the weekend"!! What a silly attitude! But seeing as I've done so well yesterday & today I'm sticking to TS now. That's it!

My weight is something I don't speak of to anybody, not even my other half. I'm just too embarrassed & nobody knows my true weight (apart from you guys :) ) so being able to talk freely here is great!

Nobody, except my OH, knows I'm doing a VLCD either! Again, I'm too embarrassed to tell people! So that's going to make it a bit hard when around people, but oh well, needs must! We always go to the in-laws every Saturday, for them to see the baby mainly, and then they cook us dinner. I was thinking about having a small, carb free portion but I really dont want to now because I'm doing so well.

Anyone have any ideas of how we/I can get out of eating, without telling them about exante!? x

Oh and forgot to add, I'm feeling really cold today! I have major goosebumps going on lol!

It's quite nice actually, especially in this heat! I'm not all hot & sweaty! Actually considering putting a jumper on haha! x

lauryn said:
Same here Miss Mac! What are we like hey!?

I was even saying to myself before I started, "well maybe I can have 1 bad day at the weekend"!! What a silly attitude! But seeing as I've done so well yesterday & today I'm sticking to TS now. That's it!

My weight is something I don't speak of to anybody, not even my other half. I'm just too embarrassed & nobody knows my true weight (apart from you guys :) ) so being able to talk freely here is great!

Nobody, except my OH, knows I'm doing a VLCD either! Again, I'm too embarrassed to tell people! So that's going to make it a bit hard when around people, but oh well, needs must! We always go to the in-laws every Saturday, for them to see the baby mainly, and then they cook us dinner. I was thinking about having a small, carb free portion but I really dont want to now because I'm doing so well.

Anyone have any ideas of how we/I can get out of eating, without telling them about exante!? x

I was exactly the same as you before starting this diet! No one knew my weight (actually they still don't!) and whenever someone mentioned dieting I just changed the subject. It was like if none of us mentioned my weight then I could just carry on as I was! But a week into the diet I told my close family that I was doing a low calorie TFR diet and that I had actually lost 10lbs in my first week. To my suprise they were over the moon! Said they had been worried about my weight for quite some time but didn't want to upset me. It is actually a good thing to support you aswell as you are less likely to fall off the wagon when you have people saying how much have you lost this week then!! Also it means social events like the one you have tomorrow don't need to be avoided as they will know anyway. If you really don't want a WS meal or you really don't want to tell them then you could say you have a sore throat or feeling sick or something? xx

Awww that's lovely they all supported you! I feel like once I've lost a bit of weight, and am more confident in myself and the diet (not falling off the wagon again!) then I'll be able to open up more to family & friends.

I think I might go with the sore throat option! Or say I've got something to do at home & slip out before teatime! x

Hello :) Just caught up with your diary, well done for getting back into TS! You are doing really well - I am on day 5 so I know it is hard lol I hope the weekend goes well for you and you manage to think of something to get out of the meal :) good luck for the rest of your journey - I weigh 16st 8 so I understand the not wanting to tell anyone what you weigh feelings! But just think of all the lovely compliments we will be hearing soon :D

Katt said:
Hello :) Just caught up with your diary, well done for getting back into TS! You are doing really well - I am on day 5 so I know it is hard lol I hope the weekend goes well for you and you manage to think of something to get out of the meal :) good luck for the rest of your journey - I weigh 16st 8 so I understand the not wanting to tell anyone what you weigh feelings! But just think of all the lovely compliments we will be hearing soon :D

Awww thanks for popping in hun :) how's day 5 going for you so far? And have you had any sneaky WI's or are you strictly keeping to a weekly WI? I can't help but keep getting on those scales hahaha! I'm now 16st 12.5lbs now, that's .25lb off another full lb since this morning! Can't believe it!

And yes we will be hearing the compliments that are flooding in soon enough! Can't wait :) x

I would go with the sore throat or tummy thing too. It is really hard in these situations and its not nice telling fibs, but it is easier to keep it to yourself to start off with. Once people start to notice your weight loss though it is obviously harder to hide, especially when people start asking more specific questions.
You will be fine though and at least if your husband knows you are doing this diet then he can back you up at the in laws!! xxx

Exactly! He better, if he knows what's good for him! Haha!

I agree - once I'm visually a lot smaller I won't have to hide it anymore, plus I'll be so proud of my accomplishment and shouting about exante from rooftops, so everyone will know in due time :)

Well I had a banana shake for brekkie, and it was delicious! Definitely one of my favourite flavours. I half heartedly ate a choc & orange bar for lunch (well around 2-3pm), it took me over an hour to finish (not too keen on the flavour & actually wasn't that hungry!) and think I'm going to try a tip I saw on one if the boards for my soup later - half a Thai chicken & half a tomato & basil together! Yum!

I have work at 6pm and finish at 9.15, just trying to decide if to have this soup before or after my shift. I'm thinking of waiting until tonight, that's when I'm usually at my hungriest! And I can't cheat or pick at anything whilst at work (I work on customer service desk at my local asda!) so I can't be naughty in anyway so I think it's safe to day - DAY 2: DONE & DUSTED!!! x

Had my soup around 30-40mins ago, just had the tomato & basil tonight and it was lovely!

I'm actually starting to enjoy my water too! I've drank over 2ltrs today so far and I have had half a huge bag of ice with that too. When I was pregnant I craved ice... Mmmmm and I still do now haha very strange!

Not feeling hungry, grumpy or anything just yet. Oh except cold! So far, so good :)

Had my soup around 30-40mins ago, just had the tomato & basil tonight and it was lovely!

I'm actually starting to enjoy my water too! I've drank over 2ltrs today so far and I have had half a huge bag of ice with that too. When I was pregnant I craved ice... Mmmmm and I still do now haha very strange!

Not feeling hungry, grumpy or anything just yet. Oh except cold! So far, so good :)
I am so glad to see a good report on the Tomato and Basil. I have been dreading it! Will give this a go tomorrow now.

I used to hate drinking water, loving it now. My bladder not so much! The thing I have noticed most though is how much clearer my skin is. It's great this, lose weight and get younger skin at the same time!

Good luck for the rest of the week :)

Last edited:
Day 5 has been the best so far lol I almost feel normal again! The tomato soup is not as bad as it sounds :)

Nothing like the feeling of everyone saying how great you look :D Good luck for day 3!

a thinner me said:
I am so glad to see a good report on the Tomato and Basil. I have been dreading it! Will give this a go tomorrow now.

I used to hate drinking water, loving it now. My bladder not so much! The thing I have noticed most though is how much clearer my skin is. It's great this, lose weight and get younger skin at the same time!

Good luck for the rest of the week :)

Has there been a lot of bad ones!?! It's definitely the nicest soup I think, but I've only ever tried that, Thai chicken & veg! Although I really liked the veg too. Have you tried the mushroom yet? I love mushrooms in general, but worried this soup is going to put me off them for life!

Oooh I'll be looking forward to the nice, clear skin then :D this whole pregnancy & rubbish diet/lifestyle has left me so spotty and tired looking. I'm really excited for all these good changes, this diet is definitely worth it all in my eyes. I know we are only in our 1st work but instead of really wanting food (& naughty, fatty foods at that!) I'm starting to evaluate my whole life almost! My outlook anyway, the way I eat & what. I really think this is it for me now - I've never felt this motivationally, mentally and emotionally strong before whilst dieting.

Good luck over the weekend hun, hope to hear only good things! :) x

Katt said:
Day 5 has been the best so far lol I almost feel normal again! The tomato soup is not as bad as it sounds :)

Nothing like the feeling of everyone saying how great you look :D Good luck for day 3!

Is it day 5 for you today? That must mean ketosis has kicked in? I'm concerned now as to why I'm feeling really ok so early on! It's only day 2 for me (end of) and I really am fine! I hope this doesn't mean I'm going to get all grumpy and starving-ready-to-eat-someone by the end of the week :D hahaha!

I know, I'm already looking forward to the compliments lol! Thank you hun, good luck for day 6(?) and for the weekend x

Well day 3 for me! Can't believe I've made it tbh, very proud of myself!

Feeling a bit hungry today but I haven't drunk a lot of water do going to get downing my h2o straight away. Feeling a bit sicky, but thats more down to my OH's awful driving LOL mixed with the hunger.

Finally went for a number 2 this morning and it was quite hard to pass (sorry if TMI!) very hard stools, like pebbles lol!

Weighed myself today too (I know, I just can't resist lol!) and I've now lost a total of 5lbs! I really am amazed! Love this diet! I'm so motivated to continue, so here's to another good day :) x

You seem to be doing really well chick!!
I cant stand the tomato soup!! Chicken and the veg one I like and the mushroom one I can get away with but cannot even face attempting to get another tomato one down!!

Some people really struggle with ketting into ketosis, other just breexe through it, so dont worry about it, just be grateful you arent having all the awful bits!! haha

Hope the rest of your weekend goes ok..xxx

Really!? We should trade some chicken for tomato haha, I loved the T&B so much!

Well things went a bit oopsy daisy today :( went to a friends little boys 5th bday party and was determined not to cave in... but I did :( :( I only had a cocktail sausage with a bit of cheese and then a oaty biscuit thing, but still really gutted! I ruined my streak! So I know it's silly of me but I didn't have my bar for lunch or my soup for dinner, didn't want to risk going too far over the 600 calories mark, and I know I've not had my RDA of nutrients etc, but I feel too guilty :( just hope I haven't gained any of my 5lb loss!

Tomorrow is a new day, I feel really lethargic today so off to bed now! Need some serious motivation for day 4 x

Awwww hun don't feel guilty - you did really well to have so little, it is not easy being around food. I had to do the cooking at mums today but as it was all meat it didn't appeal but I did find myself missing having something to chew on lol we are only human and bound to slip at some point - the stopping and getting back into it is the most important thing so well done!! And congrats on the 5 pound loss!!!

Awww thanks hun :) I feel a bit better! I shouldn't think I've gone over the 600 cals, but it's the taste and slipping so easily that I'm most mad about! I'd built up a good momentum and didn't want to fall off the wagon at all! Oh well, it's done with now - gotta look forward!

Wow well done you for not nibbling! Are you a vege, or the meat just didn't look appealing? It is hard being around food, especially when it's just there already made & laid out and people are saying "help yourself!" lol! The thing is I managed to politely decline, saying I had a sore throat, but just lost my willpower when OH bought his plate over next to me! I should blame him haha!

Went to in laws after the party & got out of dinner there easily enough, OH told them some little porky about us having to be back home by 6pm for the landlord! x

Don't deprive yourself if you feel you need the packs hun - I doubt what you had was a lot and yes all OH fault!! Yep I am a veggie but mum had some noodles on toast and they smelled soooooooooo good lol thank god it is day 6 so I think the ketosis is helping me get through!! I hope you have a fab day tomorrow and a fantastic WI :D

I won't, I'm just going to go to sleep now & start afresh tomorrow like today never happened!

Ooooh noodles on toast!! Good for you for not stealing your mums dinner!

So it's day 7 tomorrow for you? Will this be your 1st official WI? If so, good luck! I can't wait to see how you've done :) x

Back