Learning to dance again!!!

Well Kirsty it wasn't a pleasant suprise it was a whopping great big gain of 6lbs. Stayed for the image therapy part of the class though and heard some encouraging stories from others of how they have gained 7 or 8lbs in a week and got them off the next week so I am gonna try really hard to get all off again in one week.

Made a change to my meal plan last night as we purchased a actifry. So of course we had to try it out and i have to say it was the purchase i have ever made. The chips that you can cook with it our the nicest i have tasted in ages. So hopefully this will help in the coming weeks when i just want comfort food.

so glad I went to class last night to find out what my gain was as it has made me realise that I want it so much!!!! So hopefully it will onwards and downwards from here on in!!!

Today i will have:
Breakfast - Scan bran HXB, Laughing cow light HXA and Grapes
Lunch - Ham salad, an apple
Dinner - Baked potato with tuna, onion, and sweetcorn and some side salad 3 tbsp of light mayo (6 Syns)
Snacks - lots of green tea!!

Total Syns 6

I am still on the wagon and focused surprisingly after the day i have had. This morning it seemed like the world was against me lol Woke up to get showered and organised. the 1st thing i noticed was the heating hadn't came home so no hot water for a shower. Had to have a quick cold wash at the sink. Then into work to find that loads of places hadn't been gritted over night so i was inundated with complaints from people all morning. Only just getting a break now from half 7. Too make matter worse my boss has done not a pick all day as she is organising her charity day for tomorrow. I am all for charity but i think this should be done in her spare time and not wasting the tax payers money doing it!!!! Sorry for the rant but i cant say it to her lol!! I unfortunately need my job.

Tonight my evening will consist of food shopping which i loath. So i cant see my day getting much better. I may just have to treat myself to something nice when out shopping to cheer myself up lol!!!

Today i will have:
Breakfast - Hifi bar HXB and grapes and a mandarin orange
Lunch - Ham salad and a mandarin
Dinner - southern fried chicken (5 Syns) actifry chips with half a tbsp of oil (2 Syn) and green beans. Ketchup 2tbsp (2 Syns)

Total Syns 9 Syns

Last edited:
Didnt get a chance to post on here yesterday as my day way shockingly busy. I had my sons school nativity play, then a spot of shopping with the mother.. Then the best yet was going to collect my wedding album!!!!!! Sad i know but i am in love with it. It turned out better than i could ever have hoped for!!!! Last night myself and the hubby went to see the stage show of Mrs Browns boys and it was awesome. I haven't laughed so much in ages.

So my meal plan for yesterday was:
Breakfast - 2 nimble HXB and bacon with a tbsp of brown sauce (1 Syn)
Lunch -Chicken in black bean(lots of veg in it) and boiled rice (5 Syns)
Dinner - Extra lean mince, carrot onions and potatoes and small bit of mash with broad beans. Gravy added (4 syns)

Total syns 10

I didnt get much super free in yesterday, but i think for a day that was pretty much on the hop i did well to stay on plan at all.

Last edited:
Flip me my head is up my bum forgot to say what I would be having today lol!!!

Today I will have:
Breakfast - 2 boiled eggs, 2 Nimble HXB and a pear.
Lunch - Bachelors rice and mushrooms with an apple and orange
Dinner - Homemade chicken curry (loads of veg) with actifry chips will use a tbsp of oil between 2 ppl (3 Syns) and rice

Total Syns 3

Last edited:
My drinking and outing habits lol!!!

I don't usually go out that much but I suppose its just the time of year it is so i have had more night out and things than i usually would have. In a normal month I many not even go out where drinking is involved. For example before i went spectacularly off the rails last week the last time i had a drink was in September. So not a bit of wonder I went mad when I did have a drink. lol!!

In the next while i have a few things coming up tonight I am out with my girlies for our annual Xmas dinner. There is going to be a three course meal although I only intent to eat the starter of Soup and the main course of Turkey and ham. Here is where I am torn as to weather to drink or not?? I know i can have a flexible syns night. But after going so mad last week, i am confused as to what to do. I dont want to have a gain this week and want to try and get a good lot of the weight I put on last week off!!! I will then be having Xmas day completely off plan and back to 15 syns on boxing day!! (that may change to the other way around depending on how i feel on the day itself) Over no year I dont have any plans really as I may just stay in with the hubby and my son so no worries there with regards to drinking!!!

I think there was a point to all this rambling somewhere lol!! The point was I am scarred to have a drink tonight now for fear of what happened last week!!!!!!! On the plus side I don't often get a night out with the girls, and they would probably be disappointed if I wasn't going to drink!! So my plan and I really hope I can stick to it, is to allow no more than 6 vodkas when I am out!!

Wish me luck!!!!!

I have also be on plan all day up until going out so i will have:
Breakfast - Melon and a hif bar
Lunch - Mug shot apple and pear
Dinner - Starter- Veg soup (maybe free wont eat the bread that comes with it) Main - Turkey ham and stuffing (try to eat very little of the stuffing) Lots of veg and some gravy (maybe 6 Syns) and then my 6 vodkas and d.coke, which are N.Ireland measures 35mls so 24 Syns

So maybe a total of 30 syns for the whole lot??

Missus, Xmas only comes once a year, enjoy yourself with the girls! I get your thought pattern as I do exactly the same but I think we have to remember the bigger picture - we are in this for life and need to understand that currently we are micro managing our weight!

As long as we know we will get on plan after our nights out we will be fine - have fun tonight and don't worry too much!! Xx

I agree! It's once a year that u get to have a Christmas night out with the girls, do whatever pleases u and just remember this time next year how u felt etc!
If u were out every wkend and 'going off plan' I would advice felxi syns but if it's literally once every few months I think have what u want! Let say a max of 100 syns then u'll def stay within yr syn allowence! Hehe.

If the next day u get bk on it and stay on it till Christmas day, it's no big deal really, it's just life! :-D

Thanks girls you are right about it being a one off!! I dont think i was as bad as 100 syns but i had what i wanted an paced myself with drinks. Overall i had the dinner but didnt eat the stuffing or much mash. I had 4 vodkas and mulled wine (well its xmas it would be rude not to) so i am back on plan now till xmas nothing big planned or happening anytime soon lol!! I am going now to raid my cupbiard for a big sw friendly cooked breakfast munch!! Starving!!!

Just had the most lush breakfast!! 2 nimble HXB 2eggs, 2 bacon, 2 turkey sausages (4 syns) mushrooms and tomatoes and a tbsp of brown sauce (1 syn) best morning after the night before cure!! Worth every syn!!

I had a big juicy steak onions mushrooms and actifry chips for my dinner with mushy peas and gravy (4 syns) had this about 3 today before work so late lunch early dinner!! I am watching the xfactor in work just munched my way through a jar of pickled onions!!!

so thats a total of 9 syns today

I got the 6LBS of that i put on during my weekend away in Dublin. I was a surprised to get it all off considering I was out on Sat night but I guess I didn't do as much damage as I thought I had. Just goes to show flexible syns can work. I suppose the key part to it is that I got straight back on plan on the Sunday morning.

I am only working a 3 day week this week as my and the hubby thought we would just take some us time before the rush of the holidays. We don't plan to get up to too much on the days off just some nice walks with the dog and relax a bit.

Today I will have:
Breakfast - Hifi bar a banana and a mandarin
Lunch - Pasta in sauce (0.5 Syns) a pear and an apple
Dinner - Southern fried Chicken breast 5 Syns SW chips and Green beans.

Total Syns 5.5

Back