Legs - Muscles Sore

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by Lil Miss Sunshine, 20 April 2010 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. Lil Miss Sunshine

Lil Miss Sunshine WE can do this :)

Current Weight:
    13st9.5lb
    Diet:
    Cal Counting fitnesspal.com
    Ok my legs in the past 3 weeks have been gettin so painful i have to stop walking. I am doing the same route and same distance since November and in the past 3 weeks the muscles seem to seize up (i think thats the best way to describe it) what the hell is going on, i feel like im actually falling apart

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lady Marmalade

Lady Marmalade Bad girl warning...

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(19.46%)
    Diet:
    Zenzible eating & exercise
    Hiya LMS, first of all well done for sticking to it since November! I really don't know for sure, the only thing that came to mind was what is your diet like, are you restricting any food groups? I know when I was low carbing I would get terrible leg cramps due to low potassium, I used to take a potassium supplement or if you can have them you can eat bananas for a quick potassium fix, they give you a good energy burst as well. Even if you have a balanced diet, if you are drinking huge amounts of water (say more than 3 litres) this can wash nutrients through your system before you have time to absorb them, so it could still be a mineral or vitamin deficiency.

But please these are only thoughts and I don't know for sure, if the pain is that bad I would see your doctor! Probably nothing serious but it's best to see the expert. Hope you get to the bottom of it soon! x

4. Lil Miss Sunshine

Lil Miss Sunshine WE can do this :)

Current Weight:
    13st9.5lb
    Diet:
    Cal Counting fitnesspal.com
    oh god i hope its nothing serious. Its weird it only started, i was thinking it was the new runners i got but i put back on my old ones today just to see and it was the same. Unles i have hurt myself with the new runners, even tho they are the same brand. I tried to google it but not getting far. My diet prob isnt the best cause im living out of home and its costing me a fortune on rent so im living cheap. I still get a lot of fish in diet tho. Bananas give me terrible heartburn :(

5. Lucky Cat

Lucky Cat A work in progress

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st10lb(34.94%)
    Diet:
    Healthy eating/exercise
    That seems weird if it's something you've been doing for months.

Have you changed your pace at all? Have you stopped warming up/gradually building up speed? Do you just start out at breakneck speed?

When I upped my walking when I first started my diet, I was having real problems with my calves and Achilles which would start really aching and feel stiff after I'd walked a while. I just made sure that I had a really good stretch afterwards and slowed my pace for a few days and the symptoms went.

If you don't do it already, stretching is so, so important. I can't emphasise enough the need to do it. Some people think that they don't need to do it if they're only walking but it makes such a difference and will help prevent injuries.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.