Leigh's MFP Calorie Counting Journey

Ye it’s crap I think lol Iv not had a account for over 8 years. Ppl like to cause trouble Cnt be doing with it sooner keep myself to myself.

I always make sure jelly in fridge for 11 ish and it’s ready for 5. You put it in freezer 😂😂kind of thing I would do. Go watch tele in bed I do straight after work I’m that lazy I won’t fetch food so stops me eating lol. Tonigjt is easy tho I still feel uncomfy from all that food

LOL It was almost ready so I scooped runny jelly into a bowl, it hit a spot, will be properly ready tomorrow for some more, I'm only going to have a 1/4 of it every day to make it last longer. I haven't had my chocolate yet and it's 9.20! :) So doing well. I'm watching netflix downstairs, I'd have to watch on my laptop upstairs so will just stay here haha, i'm doing ok, day 2 nearly done, I'm not counting Sunday now as added up calories properly for the carvery, shocking!!! Wipe clean, so i've lost a lb a day so far, hopefully will be 3rd lb tomorrow morning :) Will be good to lose 5 or even 6lbs this week, I know you lost that much in your first week didn't you? Then that's all my gained weight and will be downhill from there lol.

Your doin fab. The jelly is great to eat when u just fancy somethin isn’t it.

Ye I lost 6 1/2 the first week. You will prob find tomoz easy now u have done 2 day.

What have u planned to eat tomoz

Chicken fajita's in the evening, so as low calories, I'm having two shakes tomorrow :) snacks pretty much same as the other days, been having wotsits/clementines at work, options hot choc, jelly and 4 squares of cadburys spaced out through the evening, seems to be working for me and all low calories.

No reason why I can't lose the same then this week if I stick with it and less calories too as only having 1200 a day. Fingers crossed, will need it haha, I know it's only going to get better as the days go by but after a bad Monday next week, it'll be back to day one again lol, withdrawal symptoms haha.

Sounds good. We have got a chicken dinner being as I haven’t got work tomoz yipeeee lol. Will have it around 6 as got dentist at 3.30 be glad when that’s done.

I think ul be ok Monday I’d take ur pasta. Why don’t u have cheese and crackers when get home quick and easy for you and super low

lol, will have to take mum home too, so will be even later, i'm sure if I have pasta mid afternoon, then i'll be ok with the shake when I get home, I'll be having more calories than 1200 as she's mentioned ice-cream and snacks she also bringing with her lol, I imagine will end up double calories.

Good luck at dentist, glad i got mine over with now, my gum still feels quite tender, not sealed off properly yet, hope it does soon, look forward to being able to eat that side even if no tooth would still be able to at least chew a little instead of sticking to one side.

I’ve started eating soft things over there feels odd tho all gummy 😂

You will be fine . You may find u feel
Guilty for what you have eaten and not bother when u get home or Just have jelly. I know now when Iv had enough for the day and won’t even think about having tea when this happens

Yeah actually should have some jelly ready in the fridge just in case! Good thinking!
I've been inputting my diary everyday on MFP day before, so I know what to have straight away.

Hi both I hope you don't mind me jumping on this thread lol. I really want to loose weight and my problem (which sounds silly) is that I don't eat enough to burn the calories off and I eat the wrong stuff lol. I use to do weight watchers years ago but just got fedup of trysting to work out the points etc. I feel that counting calories is probably alot better for me. Can I ask how do you work out how many calories you are aloud and also do you count them on everything like tangerines, squash, pop? Also do you have like a cheat day where you be good for 5 days and can eat what you want for 2 days or do you have to stick to it for the full 7 days. My problem is I'm a chocoholic too and I do not like any veg apart from salad but I'm to cold to eat that lol. I do eat alot of fruit though. Any advice would be really helpful. I'm going back to the gym next week so that should help me but I have been stuck at the same weight for 1 year which is good for me but I just can't shift anymore and I think it's because I'm not eating enough to make my body burn it off lol

Hi both I hope you don't mind me jumping on this thread lol. I really want to loose weight and my problem (which sounds silly) is that I don't eat enough to burn the calories off and I eat the wrong stuff lol. I use to do weight watchers years ago but just got fedup of trysting to work out the points etc. I feel that counting calories is probably alot better for me. Can I ask how do you work out how many calories you are aloud and also do you count them on everything like tangerines, squash, pop? Also do you have like a cheat day where you be good for 5 days and can eat what you want for 2 days or do you have to stick to it for the full 7 days. My problem is I'm a chocoholic too and I do not like any veg apart from salad but I'm to cold to eat that lol. I do eat alot of fruit though. Any advice would be really helpful. I'm going back to the gym next week so that should help me but I have been stuck at the same weight for 1 year which is good for me but I just can't shift anymore and I think it's because I'm not eating enough to make my body burn it off lol
Hi Chug, please jump in cos I need lots of motivation too, we can all help each other out! First of all, go onto this website www.myfitnesspal.com and sign up, if you have a smartphone, then there is an app too, it's great because you can scan the barcode of any products with packaging, for example a packet of crisps or a chocolate bar.

This app/site will tell you how many calories you need to have by the weight/height details you put in, but in general if you are a female and want to lose weight fairly quickly like myself, then you are looking at 1200-1300 calories a day, if you want to cheat at the weekend, then lower the calories in the week so in total over 7 days you have 8400 calories to 9100 calories, if that makes sense, then you will definitely lose weight, otherwise like my friend Laura, you will still lose weight if you cheat once a week but on a slightly slower speed which is ok if you are happy with that and also it just becomes a way of life too so you don't feel like you are missing on anything.

Yes to counting every calorie even low cal jelly lol, it all counts as energy your body will use or store.

I'm a huge chocoholic and can eat a huge bar to myself daily or a sharing bag all to myself if I wanted to, I have done it many times! So I'm having only 4 squares of dairy milk a day, thing is it's really hard and takes some willpower but I really really want to get to my target weight now and if possible my bonus target weight lol.

If you don't eat veg or salad at the moment, that's fine as it's a calorie counting diet, so just make sure to weigh all your food so you are getting accurate calories for the day, try to not have too much processed food if possible. One thing I have been having to try speed up the weight loss is slimfast shakes, not enjoying them as much as I hoped but it saves thinking about what to make for at least one or two meals a day. Perhaps think about that.

I'll be joining the gym soon, I have children and I'm a single mum so I don't have too much opportunity to go until they are a bit older and possibly come with me, but we will be going swimming a few days a week!

How much weight do you want to lose, if it's not very much that could be the reason you aren't losing as it gets harder the closer to target you get. Make sure you drink plenty throughout the day, water or sugar free squash preferably.

Good luck!

Somehow, I trapped a nerve on my back this morning and it really caught my breath, I feel ok now and taken some tablets, I have come home for a bit before going to work as only day my colleagues working from home that I could get away with working a shorter day, usually Friday's but as I'm helping at an event on Monday, we are packing our cars Friday :-( Hopefully weather will be kind to us on Monday. Currently pouring with rain out there on this grim over the hump day haha.

I have a shake ready to have when I arrive at work and will have wotsits and a clementine while at work, finishing a bit earlier hopefully as going to pop into a training centre as I have asked work to do a course on microsoft 2016 package, been struggling a bit with excel as it's changed quite a bit from the version I have, i'm slowly finding my way, but find it a little frustrating not being able to do stuff I'm used to. I probably should pay for an updated version at home myself, but don't have the cash right now, maybe in the future, I use it to keep my finances in check haha.

When I get home, will be a late lunch, but will have another shake and we're having chicken fajita's tonight, i'll only have the one wrap and 100g chicken, salad with it yum! I know that i'll polish that off in seconds, but in the evening, usual cadburys options hot choc, jelly and 4 squares of dairy milk yum, it's working for me along with plenty of herbal tea at work, currently into liquorice tea yum lol and squash at home with odd coffee thrown in, I haven't been counting milk for my coffee as it's only a small amount but perhaps I ought to start if I want this weight to fall off me.

Today, I weighed and my scales weigh in 0.2 so was happy to see the next number down, but I'm counting it as 1/2 a pound off lol so now 12 stone 7.6lbs, can't wait to weigh in on Saturday. Tonights meal is very light after having pasta I'm surprised to see any loss, not something i'd ever have the night before weighing in lol, so will be interesting to see if I'll be 12.5 bang on or just under!? Fingers crossed.

Back ache is horrible isn’t it . I remeber pickin Olivia up once in Morrisons to put Into trolley and I pulled mine I felt like crying my eyes just filled up was killin me.

Your really getting into aren’t you now it’s fab. How many cals does ya choc work out? Iv just had 2 Bourbon biscuits for my breakfast it’s what I fancied 62 each to shocking how I would normally dunk a pack into a cup of tea haha.

I’m looking forward to Mum being back at work the diet is easy for me then. Got chicken planned for tonigjt then need to see what cals I’m left with.

Oh and what u said about pasta I totally agree. Could never have pasta before weighing but just goes to show u can eat anythin u like as long as u eat the correct amount

119 cal for 4 squares of cadburys chocolate to think I'd eat an entire bar!! Love bourbon biscuits yum and custard creams good too lol and jammie dodgers, we can have anything as long as we count calories eh.

When's your mum back at work?

I love pasta and had 100 grams mmm mmm mm lol but definitely won't have it night before weighing. Having said that having chicken and wedges with spaghetti hoops lol, don't know how good that will be lol wait and see, hopefully have early enough.

Ouch, that sounds painful, hope it mends soon.

I love fajita, I had it on Friday with Jacket potato, salad and cous cous. Because of all the veggies it's really low calorie and also very filling :)

I always try to have a low carb meal the night before my weigh in. The scales seem to like me better that way, lol.

I think by your weigh in day you'll be a lot closer to 12 stone. In my first week I lost 7lb and in my first week back after holiday I lost 5lbs, so I'm sure you'll get a great loss.

The pain has eased, taken pain killers and I'm still aware it's there, I could feel it down my arm and all way down my back while at work, so must have really trapped a nerve, I'm thinking it's stretching into the cupboard I store my antihistamines argh, so trying to sort one problem while causing another.

I love roasted veg usually with my fajitas but didn't buy any, so will just load it with salad yum, seasoning so yummy, there are calories but so worth it. Plus tbh it's such a low calories dinner, I don't bother with any other carbs as having a wrap.

Just back from the training centre only in discussion atm, for excel 2016 training, but looks so good, really want to do it, hopefully boss say yes, sign up haha, then I'll aim to go once a week for a couple hours maybe on Fridays as makes week shorter lol, fingers crossed, I'll wait before I put it to her I think, say I was waiting on more info as got so much on right now.

BTW, NSV my work trousers aren't rolling at my waste quite so much, if I lose another couple lbs, will fit much better yay! It was getting so uncomfortable, I couldn't breathe, can't wait until they are too big for me lol.

The pain has eased, taken pain killers and I'm still aware it's there, I could feel it down my arm and all way down my back while at work, so must have really trapped a nerve, I'm thinking it's stretching into the cupboard I store my antihistamines argh, so trying to sort one problem while causing another.

I love roasted veg usually with my fajitas but didn't buy any, so will just load it with salad yum, seasoning so yummy, there are calories but so worth it. Plus tbh it's such a low calories dinner, I don't bother with any other carbs as having a wrap.

Just back from the training centre only in discussion atm, for excel 2016 training, but looks so good, really want to do it, hopefully boss say yes, sign up haha, then I'll aim to go once a week for a couple hours maybe on Fridays as makes week shorter lol, fingers crossed, I'll wait before I put it to her I think, say I was waiting on more info as got so much on right now.

BTW, NSV my work trousers aren't rolling at my waste quite so much, if I lose another couple lbs, will fit much better yay! It was getting so uncomfortable, I couldn't breathe, can't wait until they are too big for me lol.

Glad to hear that the pain is easing. Keep yourself dosed up.

I love fajita, my favorite dinner at the minute is like fajita. I get a naan and then have roast or dry fried mushroom and onion on top of it, then some chicken and finely chopped tomato, onion and cucumber. I cook the veggies in a bit of chilli or fajita spices to give it a kick. It's so filling. I always have it the night before weigh in. It usually works out about 500 calories.

I hope you get to do the excel course, I use excel all the time at work, so know how hard it can be and really frustrating if you don't know how to do it.

I bet you feel great with your trousers getting loser. You'll be getting the smaller size before you know it.

Thanks hun, yeah fajitas are lovely, it's probably the one meal kids eat happily, only moaning they can't manage anymore as too full lol so it's filling isn't it.

I think it would benefit me to do excel definitely, I thought he was offering a course to cover all the packages lol but pleased it's excel as its my favourite anyway, I have a old version at home, would love to upgrade one day.

Yeah will be so good shopping for size 10's I got there when Angel was tiny and doing slimming world, usually when I get to around 11 stones my trousers go down to 10, top always a size or 2 bigger cos my chest and I have big arms, if I start swimming though, hopefully they'll tone up and shrink a little haha. I think I'll definitely achieve my 10 stone target very soon, definitely achievable before I go to Ireland in August! Nothing will stop me now.

Thanks hun, yeah fajitas are lovely, it's probably the one meal kids eat happily, only moaning they can't manage anymore as too full lol so it's filling isn't it.

I think it would benefit me to do excel definitely, I thought he was offering a course to cover all the packages lol but pleased it's excel as its my favourite anyway, I have a old version at home, would love to upgrade one day.

Yeah will be so good shopping for size 10's I got there when Angel was tiny and doing slimming world, usually when I get to around 11 stones my trousers go down to 10, top always a size or 2 bigger cos my chest and I have big arms, if I start swimming though, hopefully they'll tone up and shrink a little haha. I think I'll definitely achieve my 10 stone target very soon, definitely achievable before I go to Ireland in August! Nothing will stop me now.

I'm sure you'll get your target. I've lost nearly 1 1/2 stone so far since February and the weight is still dropping off every week. My target is to get to 11 stone the beginning of July, so just over a stone to go. I'd love to get to 10 stone but am concentrating on getting to 11 first. The beauty of calorie counting is that you can make it really easy if you plan you food in advance.

Back