Leigh's MFP Calorie Counting Journey

Yes and I know that I'll feel amazing at 11 stones as I remember feeling so good, just wish I had kept on top of it and stayed that weight or lost more instead of going crazy binging and gaining several stones. I seem to be quite good at the moment at having a break for a bit but not for long and straight back on, so hopefully I've nailed it, plus exercising will encourage me to at least eat healthy.

I totally agree and that's the only way i'm managing is by planning ahead, so I made a food diary over a month, basically repeating quite a lot as obviously have to work it around the fussy kids, then I ordered my main month food from Iceland to deliver! Makes life easy and free delivery is a bonus! I will only go shopping once a week for essential fresh fruit/salad/milk etc, it won't ever be with the kids who encourage me to put extra's in the basket! Note I say basket, I never shop with a trolley now as I would only want to overload with things I don't need.

I have just been in my freezer, it's packed solid, what we have will definitely last us the month and longer for some products, so will make it much cheaper for us next month, although probably need other things for laundry, bathroom/kitchen, but won't be that much more. Also, so happy as this is the month that I finish paying into my two savings accounts I set up as were 5% interest, both end this month, then I'll be a little richer and will be able to pay a lump towards the car, get some things done in my house from all this saving, plus pay back the kids savings lol (going to put it in their ISA's so can't be touched again, desperate times eh) as had to pay for our holiday sooner than I thought and if anything left put towards mortgage, doubt that, i'm already thinking about the next holiday haha. Money doesn't go far though does it.

You sound like you're on a mission, so hopefully if you can keep motivated you'll succeed :)

I always for a meal plan along side my shopping list, that way it makes it easier to make the actual shopping list. I shop once a week and take my list, if I go shopping after my dinner I will stick to the list 100% :) If I take hubby or kid it always goes so wrong, lol!

Yeah I can't shop with my two, nightmare! That's why I decided would be easier to get main things I need delivered once a month, I have a really big freezer so have plenty of chicken, mince, burgers, hot dogs and veg for the month plus buns and wraps. Just need the fresh stuff really.

Have you been on www.modelmydiet.com it's so motivating if you put original starting weight and what you are now or what you'd like to be :)

Very happy, just been on https://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/Healthyweightcalculator.aspx and put in the weight I am now, it's saying I'm overweight and no longer obese, yay!! I'll celebrate in a bit with my cadburys option hot choc, a bowl full of jelly and 4 squares of dairy milk lol, hopefully be even less in the morning after another great day!!!
1525284446801.png

I was playing around with that website ast night to see what I would look like when I get to my target, I didn't see too much difference but then I put a stone lower and it looked fab :)

Well done on becoming overweight on the NHS website, I'm not sure I believe it too much though. You're only 12 1/2 stone yet only just out of the obese range which seems all wrong, especailly as you are only a size 12 trouser! But hey atleast you got to celebrate with chocolate, lol!

Hope you have a good day today, I'm sure you'll smash the scales on Saturday :)

Yeah I know but I'm average height, I'm definitely overweight now, I can see it in my arms, legs and stomach, I'll know when I'm feeling more healthy looking lol, would love to be within my healthy bmi for my holiday.

I'm not sure if it was my mini binge of extra chocolate last night after realising I hadn't had enough in the week as I'd calculated wrong lol, but only lost 0.2 last night, so hoping that it'll decrease a bit more than than over the next 2 nights before weighing on Saturday morning! Fingers crossed, I'm only having around 1200 calories a day and last nights dinner was really light.

I'm abosolutely starving, scoffing the salad I took to work and brought home as too busy lol, love that I was busy though, makes it feel worth going in! Plus think i've made my colleague happy by doing some work we were meant to do together today, might be some adjustments on Tuesday after the bank holiday but we'll see.

I'd love to say it's a long weekend but I'll be helping out at an event for work, so I hear it's quite fun, fingers crossed haha.

Spaghetti bolognese tonight, although having a very late lunch, see if I can manage it haha.

Tomorrow I'll be having either an omelette or scrambled eggs which is quite light and if I remember rightly I used to lose quite well eating eggs. Think i'll probably have eggs for breakfast through the weekend too as have quite a few here to use haha, I should make an egg for breakfast every morning, I may very well do that as soon as the slimfast is used up, i've probably got a weeks worth left if I have it every day in the week, for breakfast and lunch.

yum! that would be a real treat! :)

All I can think of at the moment is my target weight, just over 35lbs to go in total not including the bonus target lol I'll worry about that when I'm nearer, but then I also think how much easier it'll be if I can maintain and never let myself ever go anything over 3-7lbs either side, that will be a real challenge but anyway, if I just enjoy what i'm doing and not worry too much about target, losing weight while counting calories is quite a bonus eh.

yum! that would be a real treat! :)

All I can think of at the moment is my target weight, just over 35lbs to go in total not including the bonus target lol I'll worry about that when I'm nearer, but then I also think how much easier it'll be if I can maintain and never let myself ever go anything over 3-7lbs either side, that will be a real challenge but anyway, if I just enjoy what i'm doing and not worry too much about target, losing weight while counting calories is quite a bonus eh.

You'll get there hun, I know you will. I'm like you, would love to be where I want to be and then never go more than a few pounds over. TBH I'm not too far off it now as really want to get to 10 stone eventually so only just over 2 stone to go. I'm hoping it will end up being a life style change rather than a diet after I've got to my target.

Yeah 10 stones is my target and then anything more than that a bonus, i'll be really happy at that weight! I think we'll have a better understanding of portion control and not pigging or binging on junk too often otherwise we end up where we started and it's much nicer to be healthy anyway and fit in smaller clothing. I remember feeling so great walking into clothes shops and not worrying that they wouldn't fit, I just knew that they would, so having those feelings is great, been there, don't think it lasted before I was cheating on myself again :-( I'd like to be strong and always go back to counting calories as it is so easy, but as I know like recently, you do have to be in the zone.

Yeah 10 stones is my target and then anything more than that a bonus, i'll be really happy at that weight! I think we'll have a better understanding of portion control and not pigging or binging on junk too often otherwise we end up where we started and it's much nicer to be healthy anyway and fit in smaller clothing. I remember feeling so great walking into clothes shops and not worrying that they wouldn't fit, I just knew that they would, so having those feelings is great, been there, don't think it lasted before I was cheating on myself again :-( I'd like to be strong and always go back to counting calories as it is so easy, but as I know like recently, you do have to be in the zone.

I've been doing calorie counting since Feb and my stomach has shrunk loads. For example I went to florida for 3 weeks in March and only gained 4lbs. I ate exactly what I wanted to. Normally I would gain atleast 7lbs in 2 weeks when eating what I want to on the same holiday. I went out for an indian the other night and absolutely stuffed myself but only managed half of it :)

I did calorie counting while doing slimming world last year hun so know what you mean, when I fell apart last summer, I found that I hadn't gained any weight, none at all, it spurred me on to go back on plan however I fell apart again, honestly I need to forget about men argh, they make me stop eating healthy haha, but still never really put on, only the 3lbs, so yes, it is right, calorie counting definitely works, the past few weeks have been worse than ever though as I fell out with the love of my life and I doubt we'll speak again now, it's very complicated and it's not going to end happily, so I've walked away, having said all that, it's like a weight has been lifted and I don't feel quite as sad as when we were talking and I feel I have so much to live for, plenty to look forward to and enjoying my new way of life :) Just trying to think about my goal for the week, originally was 6lbs, but as it's that time of the blinking month, I don't think my body will release much more, if I can lose another lb or 2, i'll be happy. I'l call it 4lb hopefully. Will do my daily weigh in update in the morning lol. When I get into the swing of it i'll end up sticking the scales in the garage and only pull them out on a Friday night ready for Saturday morning weigh in (sorry no clothes so can't do it in the garage lol).

Thank you :-( I'm going to be much better off now, my head was all over the place, it's like desperately wanting a really expensive house you'll never afford, that's probably the best way of describing it I guess. Frustrating.

If I can see 11 stones something on those scales I'll be so happy!!! Not far to go at all now! Including my loss so far, only 8.4lbs to go :) Yippee!!

I'm definitely getting there, I realised the lowest I got was in January and was actually 171lbs so quite gutting that I gained 8lbs as was 179lbs a few weeks ago. Never mind, I'll not go that way again.

Last edited:
Scales were annoying me this morning, not sure, might need to change batteries, will do that later ready for official weigh in tomorrow, but anyway, was another loss, showing 174.8, fingers crossed for 174 in the morning. Feeling slimmer already. Got a bit of a phlegmy chesty cough going on, I think it's the shakes with all the milk, I get asthma so not usually good to have so much, chocolate all gone now too as that never helps, I won't have either all weekend, hopefully I'll be OK then.

Bit of a busy day packing cars ready for the 999 event we're going to be at on Monday, so I'm going in for 10. Nice to come home and chill for a bit, I'd like to get out at 1pm latest too if I can, we'll see.

Had shake for breakfast, one for lunch and we're having eggs, sausage and beans tonight, think I have hash browns kids can have, I'm keeping it light today in preparation, only snacks I plan are a clementine and jelly tonight yum, gonna see if I can manage a whole sachet worth, there's loads.

Need to try drink plenty today too.

Back