Lesley1981's Exante Diary

Day 8 - Monday 13th May

Breakfast - strawberry shake
Lunch - Chocolate Orange bar
Dinner - Vegetable soup - Made it a with a little more water this time, and it was much more pleasant :) and no gloop left in the bottom of my cup

Water - 2 litres - Going to try to consume a bit more water from now on

Other - Still feeling the effects of the sickness a bit today, but I can safely say this was the first day I haven't felt even slightly hungry. I'm definitely starting to feel a lot slimmer, and my favourite jeans fit me again! Goodbye muffin-top!

Today's weight - 11st8lb - no change today, but took my measurements out of curiosity and 1" off my waist and 1" off my hips

Inch loss is always really satisfying! Well done on sticking with the diet and the no smoking, that's amazing to be doing it at the same time. Willpower of steel!

The no smoking has been really hard the last couple of days, but I'm getting there! Found that, during work, it helps to actually just go outside for a minute or two, and I honestly don't think I've ever drank as much coffee in my life.

Trying to do as well as I can with the diet this week, as I'm out with my friend on Friday, and I AM going out for dinner (but that was always the intention).

go out and enjoy like grilled chicken or steak and green veg or salad - after 2 weeks on exante itll taste amazing and wont knock you out of ketosis =)

Day 9 - Tuesday 14th May

Breakfast - Vanilla shake - made into a latte and really enjoyed it this morning
Lunch - Toffee nut bar
Dinner - Thai soup - made it with a lot more water and a good shaking of black pepper. Actually enjoyed it tonight.

Water - Almost 4 litres drank today.

Other - Apart from pinching a couple of bits of salami off my mum's pizza, I had the perfect day today. No inclination to smoke either, so I'm quite proud of that.

Today's weight - 11st8lb weightloss has seriously slowed down, hopefully I'll see a loss over the next couple of days.

Day 10 - Wednesday 15th May

Breakfast - Banana Shake
Lunch - Chocolate Orange Bar
Dinner - Tomato Soup

Water - 3.5 litres

Other - I'm starting to lose faith. Stood on the scales and was the same weight again :( they haven't moved an ounce since Friday, but still, onwards and upwards. Think that as of next week I'm going to add a meal, because I only have a stone left to lose, so maybe the extra calories will help. Still off the smokes, so proud of myself on that front, just a bit disappointed on the weight front.

Today's weight - 11st8lb :( hurry up scales and moooooooove

Lesley I reckon that adding food will help, this diet's really only designed for people with a BMI over 30 and you're a few points under that, which means you dont have a lot of fat to burn.

I tend not to go by BMI, but I did take my body fat percentage today, which is now 37.4%. Based on my activity level, etc. I have to get that to around 30-32%, which I know is doable.

I'm definitely going to start adding food from tomorrow, and I'm going to start tracking my exercise too (and doing a bit more)

Ooh it's so exciting getting to add food and I still lost weight during my Lipotrim refeed =)

You're doing brilliantly to stick to this diet and give up smoking as well
Well done!!

So after a weekend of complete excess, I'm back to it today... I will freely admit I made completely the wrong choices, and I've paid the price on the scales this morning.... I ate so much junk on Saturday that I was physically sick on Saturday night, lesson learned though.

Onwards and upwards as they say.

Or onwards and downwards (on the scales)!

Day 1 - Back on it after the 'shock on the scales' (7lbs damage in 48 hours) :confused:

So I enjoyed my vanilla shake hot with a spoonful of coffee this morning, I love how it feels kinda naughty.
Really getting a taste for the bars now, I seem to appreciate the little bits of chocolate and dried fruit in the chocolate orange bar.
Made up my vegetable soup this evening, and tried making it with a lot more water. Didn't even load it with pepper and still somehow managed to enjoy it.

So first day back on plan, and have to say, it's been the easiest and most enjoyable day so far. I drank around 2 litres of water, along with 3 cups of tea and 4 cups of coffee

And now it's confession time. So at the weekend I knew I was going to be having a few drinks, and I had said when I quit smoking that I was going to have a couple when I was drinking. I bought a packet of smokes on the way down the road, and there were 7 missing from the packet the next morning (although I only smoked 5 of them). My biggest fear was that I would start smoking properly again, but I didn't want to smoke at all :) I can do this!!!

Don't lull yourself into a false sense of security and be tempted to have any more cigarettes because the addiction does creep back on you and before you know it you're a smoker again. I've lapsed a few times doing this!

So, my willpower was a bit crappy last time, and I figured I was trying to do too much at once.... Since then I have managed to quit smoking (yay me), and I started back on exante on Monday.

I have to say that I'm really enjoying some of the new products, and it might make it slightly easier!

On Monday I had the porridge for breakfast, vanilla shake with a spoonful of coffee heated for lunch and spag bol for dinner! I have to admit the porridge and spag bol were a little disappointing, and I'm not really looking forward to having to eat them again, but I will....

On Tuesday I had the apple and cinnamon porridge, hot chocolate shake and the curry. Enjoyed all three packs

On Wednesday I had a hot vanilla shake (which tasted like custard), white chocolate and raspberry bar, and the blueberry and raspberry pancakes.... Oh my word I felt naughty today, enjoyed every morsel!

I had initially ordered three weeks worth of products to give me a kick start, but yesterday I used the discount code and got an extra 20 days.... This really seems to work for me, the products are nicer than those of some of the other companies, and it's three packs instead of four like some others (I really struggled with four)

A sneaky weigh in this morning would indicate that I've lost an amazing 6lbs already.

Well done on quitting smoking! I'd love to be able to say I have. It's challenge number two after shifting the weight. It's kind of a little saviour for me now when I'm feeling hungry! And well done on starting again. 6lbs is amazing. Good luck this weekend. Have a great one! :)

So yesterday I has a toffee caramel shake for breakfast, which I decided to have hot (I find when you heat the shakes they're thicker and more filling)... It was quite nice. For lunch I had a red berry bar... wasn't really sure what to think of it at first, but it's nice enough! On reading the reviews on the website I think I might try putting my next red berry bar in the fridge! For my dinner I had the eggs... I didn't have high hopes for the eggs at all, but I added a litte salt and a little black pepper, and they weren't too bad at all!

Managed to drink well over 2 litres of water and several cups of tea too....

Another wee weigh in this morning, and another pound off :) I know some people are against weighing in every day, but I think it's the only way to keep me motivated at the moment! I'm already noticing a difference round my shoulders and back! And with drinking so much water, I think some of the swelling around my feet and ankles has gone too!

I know the weekend is going to be hard, and I might struggle a little.... so I'm going to try to keep myself busy :)

Today is the beginning of week 2 for me, and official weigh in day. But first, my weekend

Friday: Porridge oats, white chocolate and raspberry shake, and maple syrup pancakes.
Friday was a good day... actually enjoyed my porridge, but made it with a bit less water which I think made it nicer. Managed to drink well over three litres of water. No real cravings or hunger pangs at all.

Saturday: Strawberry shake, Raspberry and white choc bar and blueberry and raspberry pancakes
Saturday was also a pretty good day. I enjoyed everything I ate, drank around three litres of water again, and had got lots of exercise by cleaning the inside of my car and a wee walk around town (HRM 524cals total)

Sunday: Eggs, white choc and raspberry shake and carefully chosen bbq food (chicken fillet, small amount of lettuce, boiled egg)
Yesterday was always going to be a struggle, with it being fathers day and there being a bbq, but I still managed around three litres of water, and I was pleasantly surprised by the choices my parents made food-wise. Before the bbq I cleaned the outside of my car (I'm a bit OCD with my car, so it takes a lot longer than most... HRM 417cals)

Weigh in this morning and I had a grand total of 9lbs off in week 1 :)

Wow well done Lesley, you're doing brilliantly.

Well done on your food choices & drinking lots of water beforehand definitely helps to curb the appetite.

Hope today is going well xx

So yesterday saw day 1 of week 2....

Breakfast - hot vanilla shake. Becomming a firm favourite of mine
Lunch - Red berry bar. I put this in the fridge as suggested in the reviews on the Exante site, and I have to admit I enjoyed it a lot more.
Dinner - Spag bol. This is most definitely my least faviourite, and I only managed to eat half of it before I felt physically sick at the thought.

Water - 3 litres

I was tempted by a slice of toast earlier (girl in work eats it before going to the gym, and the smell was driving me insane), but I resisted. I was also tempted by the marshmallow salad that was in the fridge last night.... BUt the weight coming off is such an incentive, and I can't believe that after one week people are starting to notice it.

Another wee pound off this morning too....

Trying the chocolate mint shake today, and really looking forward to it.

Back