Let's 'Pep Up' these Products!

Curvykirst

I am guessing that most of us have cottage pie and tomato soup at home and if you're anything like me, can't wait for them to be gone!

I would be really interested to know what you have used to 'PEP UP" these products so they taste delish.
I used a little meat seasoning shake in my cottage pie the other day, it was better but not brilliant.

I don't think it would be possible to pep up the tomato soup! Luckily I only ordered one!

I add marigold bullion to the water before mixing with the cottage pie and this improves the taste for me. I like the texture of the cottage pie (a bit like mashed potatoes) so would prefer to have it than not.

I add lots of black pepper and some chilli flakes to both and actually really like them!

I think the tomato soup may be a lost cause! I love the cottage pie, it's my favourite. I add a little boullion sometimes, but usually I add ground black pepper and dry mixed herbs. I just had it now, very very nice! When I'm at home I add groung garlic to the cottage pie and the spag bol!

I add worcester sauce to the cottage pie , improved it no end in my opinion , or soy sauce which was ok

I dont order them anymore , strange because I used to really like them

I have vivid , very unpleasant memories of the tomato soup

I added curry powder to the cottage pie and mixed the vegetables into it. Not sure that improves it too much to be honest but it masks the taste somewhat :)

I don't mind the cottage pie and have bouillon with it. Not tried tomato soup yet but intend To make crisps out of it! I only have one pack xx

I liked the cottage pie as well. I did put a lot of pepper in it maybe that helped. I actually preferred it to the spaghetti Bol!

Ladies thank you so much for the fab ideas - I definitely need to track down the Bouillon here and I am really interested in the tomato soup crisps idea Scotbean. I was going to have the spag bol tonight but I am going to have cottage pie with so of the ideas you have given me. THANK YOU LADIES you are are a godsend :-D xxx

I don't mind the cottage pie and have bouillon with it. Not tried tomato soup yet but intend To make crisps out of it! I only have one pack xx

Hats off to you Scotbean!!! This made me smile cos you've taken a major 'old you' weakness and turned it into an art form.... I don't think there's anything that can't be turned into a crisp or a cookie, yay S & S! :D

I love the cottage pie :) I have only ordered those this week lol well maybe that was more to do with me only having chilli the last 2 weeks :/ I add chopped up mushroom and garlic to the cottage pie well to all the meals really. Don't like any of the soups yuk!

Will try the marigold idea when my delivery comes

HI ladies, I tried adding black pepper and mixed herbs to the cottage pie and I have to say it improved it 100% percentage:D. I have one pack left so I am going to try adding worchester sauce to that one. I didn't order it for my next delivery but now I have some ideas that work, I am going to order it next time as I really am not a soup person. I like to chew too much. Thanks all for your help and keep your ideas coming:D

:-D fab!

Hit the nail on the head tonight with the cottage pie - a little garlic, a little mixed herbs, a little lea and perrins - result - blood delish! Will Defo order more now :-D

Back