Lets Support Our Russian Doll

Hi Debbie,
Sorry to hear you were feeling wretched yesterday, hope you feel more positive today!

I've just checked on my weights spreadsheet (how sad am I??) and saw that on my first AAM week I lost 4.25lbs, my 2nd AAM week I lost 4.75lbs etc. The least amount I've lost on an AAM week is 2lbs. Other weeks when I have stuck to SS religiously and been exercising I gained weight (now that was a killer and started me bingeing again - wish I'd shown your strength of character) so there's absolutely no rhyme or reason to the numbers on the scales!

You are doing brilliantly, AAM week will give your body a small shock and get things moving along again - the human body is great at adapting to diets - surprising it with food will definitely wake it up a bit. (Food!?! - it's 2oz of chicken and a tablespoon of broccoli - but boy my first "meal" after SSing for 4 weeks was like ambrosia (food of the gods not the rice pudding but mind you Ambrosia rice pudding is rather delicious;) )

Cheer up honey and take some of your own advice back from us - we're always being encouraged by your kind and thoughtful comments!

Lots of love,
A
xxxx:D

Just thought I'd let you know that I had my first AAM last night: 4oz of low fat plain cottage cheese, a small handful of mixed salad leaves and one stick of celery cut in 4 lengthways. On a teaplate it looked like loads!

OMG when I took that first 'crunch' of celery .... how wierd!! It took me about 20 minutes to eat what would have taken me 5 minutes before CD. Chew, chew, chew .... I felt like a cow in a meadow!!

I've perked up a wee bit today: just feel a bit emotionally bruised and just a bit shocked that something so seemingly trivial could get to me like that. I just kept weeping "why can't I be normal like everyone else". I felt a bit of a freak losing so little whilst eating so few cals but from what some of you veterans have said, this is nothing unusual.

What on Earth would I have done without you all?????
Actually, I probably know the answer to that - and it would probably have involved a toaster, thick bread and a tub of butter (no AKB - nothing kinky with Steve!!)

So I'm back on slightly buckled but still intact tracks (sense of humour is still there -I think) and am committed to seeing this through .... I WILL be slim GODDAMMIT!!!!!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you .... you are ALL angels and as such, deserve super-mega-fantastic weight losses next week.

XX

Glad you clarified that Debbie - pictures were already forming in my mind of your DH, the pack of lurpack...........:D

BTW - you FREAK - celery :eek: - you haven't eaten for how long???? and you choose celery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you a glutton for punishment, that stuff is evil, there was me just settling down to vicarioulsy eat your AAM meal too and you go and have bleedin' celery - yuck yuck yuck!!! AT least make it broccoli or spring greens tonight please:p

Love,
A
xxxx:D

That's the spirit, Debbie.
I am kind of "mentally liberated "with the weight loss thing now. I know I still have at least a stone to lose, but I just don't CARE any more how much I lose each week. I'm on this journey of learning how to look after my body (which, no matter how wrinkly it is, it's the only one I'm going to have!) I stick to the rules of CD, excercise regularly, and what happens, happens.
It's a good place to be Debbie, and you'll get there - if you're not already.
Ann xxx
PS AKB - I HATE celery too! The list of things I don't like isn't very long, but celery is on it!
celery
satay sauce
fish (but I AM trying new recipes)
tea
whiskey
martini

Back