Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

I'm missing this place and participating outside of my diary :( in a week or so I have a ten day hiatus from marking before the second lot starts!! I'll be here and I'm planning some vlogs for that time too!

@RosiePops im glad the jumbo oats make a difference to your too! It's like a totally different texture isn't it! Nom nom nom

Hello :)
We are missing you too!!
I love reading your diary, I hope that all is alright with you and the marking isn't too horrendous.

Looking forward to your vlogs!

Ruth
X

I'm starting to see the end of the first lot. I just need to remark and check my teams progress so that's a bit quicker than marking fresh papers! :)

Hi, I'm here to subscribe, loving your diary!

xx

Hi @Little B welcome!! I'm a bit quiet at the moment due to work commitments but it's a short sharp spell :)

Hello :)
We are missing you too!!
I love reading your diary, I hope that all is alright with you and the marking isn't too horrendous.

Looking forward to your vlogs!

Ruth
X

Hey Ruth how's it going? I on a true plateau and maintained AGAIN this week!! Gutted!!!!!

I'm starting to see the end of the first lot. I just need to remark and check my teams progress so that's a bit quicker than marking fresh papers! :)

Hi @Little B welcome!! I'm a bit quiet at the moment due to work commitments but it's a short sharp spell :)

Hey Ruth how's it going? I on a true plateau and maintained AGAIN this week!! Gutted!!!!!

Hello hello!

Well you seem to have a lot on, do you think that maybe that's got something to do with it? Also our consultant said that the weather has been a total killer for weight losses this week, water retention etc. I suppose on the one hand if it was me I would be chuffed that it wasn't a gain but I understand your feelings regarding plateauing :/
How long do you have left for marking?

I'm not bad thanks, got my stone award on Monday which I was a bit shocked at as I didn't think I would get so far in a short space of time! Plodding along... Would like to lose 8lbs for my birthday on 12th of August to take me into the 12s, where I haven't been (officially on a pair of scales) since I was 17 :eek:

Have a lovely day!

Ruth
X

Right....busy or not I need an intervention.

1lb on this week and in really struggling with everything I have on my plate to cook properly. My husband can't cook at all. Burns water type of person so we have been managing on what I can throw together and the odd takeaway. I'm reaching the end of the first lot of papers which are the most lanky intensive because I have a team to manage. The next lot are just marked but are twice the length.

I really just need a kick up the bum! Form an orderly queue.......GO!!

Hmmmm I am thinking...

Well you are certainly an inspiration to me! Particularly when I started back on here in April, but if you're plateauing and this week have put on 1lb whilst your mind isn't totally 100% in the game then I would just think about what you're going to achieve when you're back in the game and possibly lose the pound but not stress yourself out too much- particularly when you're doing such an important job!
I know for a fact that if I had to take some time off to do some marking then I certainly would not have plateaued and probably would not have been heard from again ;) :eek:

Are you doing these at home or in a timed/watched area? Massive bowls of stews/salads, batch cooked frozen meals just to get you through? Slow cooker things?

Ruth
X

I second what Ruth says!
But here's a gentle kick from me-would you be so kind and reciprocate?! I'm flailing a bit too.
I laughed at
first lot of papers which are the most lanky intensive
Seriously though, just do what you can. It's hard when you're juggling, and you are certainly doing that!
Have you got a slow cooker? They are my friend in busy times- I'm putting a beef curry in mine today. Coupled with a food processor they are serious time savers. And your husband can put his energies into the washing up instead ;-)
Good luck Sam x

I on a true plateau and maintained AGAIN this week!! Gutted!!!!!

I'm exactly the same Sam! Feel your pain totally. Have nearly been STS (one .5lb) loss in nearly 4 weeks. I am totally on plan as well so its gut-wrenching. I'm not giving up though but it is testing my patience for sure.

On a positive, I feel great and definitely look a whole lot better (I've upped my work outs as well). I could do with another bump for inspiration. Our bodies are crazy things. Sorry you're not progressing as you like as well... we will get there! I signed up for another 12 weeks at class Monday just to keep me motivated - I definitely want to get to goal. Fingers crossed!!!

Gentle kick here too as don't like to kick you too hard when I've only just introduced myself! Totally understandable, you just have to do what you have to until the marking is done then get back on it! I made a total newbie mistake, thought I would be really good last week and not use any more than 4/5 syns a day, only lost 1/2 lb this week, down from losing 4/5 every other week. got a telling off for not eating enough (first time that's ever happened lol)
Hope the madness ends soon and you can join the real world xx

I can't give you the kick you need as I feel I need one. On antibiotics and they are making me hungry so I am eating anything and everything.:(

Hope you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. What does burnt water taste like?;)

Lanky intensive. LABOUR intensive. Why does Apple think I mean lanky??? Stupid STUPID predictive text.

Thanks all of you and this is for those of you that requested one in return :asskick:you have made me feel better. I may well crack out the slow cooker actually. The beef curry idea has struck a chord but maybe beef casserole. However it's muggy hot and damp down on the saaarf coast so stodge is not my friend. I'll crack out some cookbooks. I've just sealed up all my teams papers ready to despatch have written my examiner report and have, most importantly, filled in my claim form for my monies :) :) so I'm breathing a bit for a couple of weeks until it all begins again.

Ahh I've missed being one of you guys on here. I'm back now for the interim and hoping that actually being quiet on here has actually been a root cause and that being back will get me back in the game. Aim this week is to lose that 1lb and one more into the bargain. Little one is weaning with a vengeance so the breastfeeding isn't helping much now but he still has it now and then and definitely at night so I'll keep it up. Uhoh.....here he goes!!!!

And he is down again. Blimey

So....as I was saying. Yes I have missed you all and welcome to @Little B too again. In my head I say that in a Kath & Kim voice. Which is only funny if you have ever watched it.
If you haven't....well make a point of it as it's pure comedy genius. I feel like you came along and I bogged off. It's nothing you said I promise ;)

Seems like for varying reasons a few of us need a poke (Stop it!!!) and some inspiration. I'm going to read the mag tomorrow. It came weeks ago but I have not had the chance to do more than a cursory flick through at the pretty slim people that I wish I were (was??)ha! (Still a hater...not really a hater more of an envy-er)

Your kick came at just the right time.. Distracting myself from eating chocolate last night when I'd already had all my syns!
Sounds like you're planning again which is good- just thinking about it helps! Rather than the bury head in sand method ;-)
It's not too humid up here any more- surprising considering the rain we have had. Curry is nice with salad too- sounds odd I know but if it's spicy it freshens it up!

Curry and salad Sounds good to me. I need to do a proper SW friendly shop I think. We have so little in that this morning breakfast was ham and cottage cheese. I had run out of everything and worked so late that I forgot to make my oats. I hate it when you are at the end of the week and there is nothing in!!!

I hope that you have a fab weekend :)
Curry and salad sounds fab too!
Totally understand re having nothing in the fridge, I'm running out of stuff and fast.... Looking forward to going shopping!

Your posts do make me giggle :D

Ruth
X

And he is down again. Blimey

So....as I was saying. Yes I have missed you all and welcome to @Little B too again. In my head I say that in a Kath & Kim voice. Which is only funny if you have ever watched it.
If you haven't....well make a point of it as it's pure comedy genius. I feel like you came along and I bogged off. It's nothing you said I promise ;)

Seems like for varying reasons a few of us need a poke (Stop it!!!) and some inspiration. I'm going to read the mag tomorrow. It came weeks ago but I have not had the chance to do more than a cursory flick through at the pretty slim people that I wish I were (was??)ha! (Still a hater...not really a hater more of an envy-er)

Don't worry, I'm not offended (sob....) lol, no really, you have had a major amount to do recently, I still forget to update my diary and I have no excuse!
Hope you find your mojo and something yummy in the mag, it's homemade veg pasta sauce for me tonight, the rest of them are having a jar! xx

Ham and cottage cheese for breakfast is better than nothing. I could eat the ham but cottage cheese no thank you.

I've had to much :icecream: and my nose in a :eatdrink051:this week and it needs to stop. The only way to stop it is to have empty cupboards again.:rolleyes:

Back