Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

I was, like, wha??? @Pierce has gone mad ha!

Angry- sometimes
Depressed- rarely
Sullen- it's a time of day thing
Frustrated- always!

I had just noticed that things had changed @Pierce yay thanks very much!
I also wondered if you had gone mad ;)

On another note @lickthelid how are things my dear? Now I don't have to bookmark you anymore and can always see you!!!

Ruth
X

LOST: Mojo. If found please return to Sam. Thank you

Hey guys, floodgate away. This wi tomorrow is going to be horrible I know it. However I am now using my free time to re-find my way, apply it and climb, laboriously, back onto the wagon.

I'm tired of being hot. Hot and clammy. Best summer ever in 2014 when I wore SHORTS!!! I miss that. So I'm mentally steeling myself and mr LTL is on notice that the worm has/is/will shortly be turned.

On a side note worms don't have a top and tail so why would they turn. To my mind it's more of a reverse. A turn is a particularly futile effort for a worm....

Anyhoo

I recently met my weight loss nemesis. Cadbury big bite bars or whatever they are called. With Oreos inside. Oh.my.god. Honestly it really was like a divine intervention in my weight loss. God/Allah/Buddha/Ron Hubbard/the prophet (delete deity as appropriate) does not want me to be thin.

I will overcome.

I will

When the bar is finished.

Tomorrow

Always start tomorrow.....or Monday

Also I'm getting an Apple Watch soon. And I'm planning to link it to MFP and run it alongside the SW principles. I'm hoping to be that little bit more accountable. Does anyone else do something similar at all? I need to do something!

LOST: Mojo. If found please return to Sam. Thank you

Hey guys, floodgate away. This wi tomorrow is going to be horrible I know it. However I am now using my free time to re-find my way, apply it and climb, laboriously, back onto the wagon.

I'm tired of being hot. Hot and clammy. Best summer ever in 2014 when I wore SHORTS!!! I miss that. So I'm mentally steeling myself and mr LTL is on notice that the worm has/is/will shortly be turned.

On a side note worms don't have a top and tail so why would they turn. To my mind it's more of a reverse. A turn is a particularly futile effort for a worm....

Anyhoo

I recently met my weight loss nemesis. Cadbury big bite bars or whatever they are called. With Oreos inside. Oh.my.god. Honestly it really was like a divine intervention in my weight loss. God/Allah/Buddha/Ron Hubbard/the prophet (delete deity as appropriate) does not want me to be thin.

I will overcome.

I will

When the bar is finished.

Tomorrow

Always start tomorrow.....or Monday

Oh crumbs, this made me laugh.
Chocolate sounds far too nice!

Glad you have some free time now :) I'm sure that you will be fine when you get your head sorted and get back on it. You are an inspiration, pretty sure I've said it before but I certainly look up to you on here!

Must not go to the shop to buy chocolate....

Ruth
X

:)
Oh crumbs, this made me laugh.
Chocolate sounds far too nice!

Glad you have some free time now :) I'm sure that you will be fine when you get your head sorted and get back on it. You are an inspiration, pretty sure I've said it before but I certainly look up to you on here!

Must not go to the shop to buy chocolate....

Ruth
X

Ahh thanks Ruth you are very lovely :)

Come on Sam you can get back on it. I am day two into being back on my plan and it is hard as I've been able to eat what I want for several months.
Luckily I can't have chocolate so it doesn't call me. Won't tell you what happened to the four boxes of cornettos I bought last Friday. Lets just say there is only enough left for OH to have one or two.:eek:

1 on. Again.

Could be worse though and I'm taking it as a kick up the jacksie (jacksy??)

Ive just ordered an Abel and Cole box for next week. I have also bought my eggs and pickling vinegar. Might do a vlog reveal on the box and will def do one on the eggs. I need to focus more. FOCUS!!

How are you going Mary? Did the cornettos have any effect?? ;) ;)

Yes jeans are not my friend right now and I agree re the linen trousers. I have wide calves. Being a bit curvier at the mo doesn't help but even when I was a small 12 I still had wide calves. Damn you genetics. I blame my dad. Regularly. Apparently I inherited that and one nostril that is shaped differently to the other. Something I DIDNT have a complex about for 34 years and now do. Cheers Pater.

So linen trousers are good because they are wide. Them and palazzo pants in jazzy summer colours.

Shorts are for next year. Or possibly the winter with tights if I get a wriggle on!

I'm thinking of going for a swim later. I won't have to go far. We have had so much rain I could pretty much do a couple of laps of our lawn.

Did everyone vote? We walked round to the polling place for some body magic :)

Ohh yes to palazzo pants! I bought some from Sainsburys last year and wear them all the time- easy to dress up or down and always get compliments on them.
Of course, it's been so rainy down there, hard to imagine as it's been so warm and dry here- I have two empty washing baskets *sad hooray*
Enjoy your swim- always good for clearing the mind.
I did indeed vote, and walked to the polling station too then on to the co op. OH is sat with pizza and cider :-/ I haven't had the best day on plan so it's tempting to join him but I'm refraining for now.
Has the marking madness ceased for the time being?

Oooo what are these palazzo pants? I will need to google them!
I should have voted but don't feel well enough :/ bit gutted really!
Absolutely love shorts with tights! I'm sure you will be in them in winter and in proper shorts next summer!

Enjoy your swim! As @RosiePops says it is so warm and muggy up here!

Hope that you're alright!

Ruth
X

Alas not a real swim. It was an excessive precipitation joke. :(

Palazzo pants are curvy girls bestest summer friend along with linens. Basically lightweight wide legged trews often with a nice jazzy print. I have some nice blue ones from tesco :) :)

1lb isn't that bad. And I'm a fan of loose baggy trousers. I hate tight ones as I can't be doing with peeling them off and they show all the lumps.

A cornetto fell into my mouth last night. I will say not all at once.;)

I haven't been that bad this week. I have no excuse now to eat bad as I feel better than what I have done for months.It should be easy for me as I have no kids here so no naughty foods hanging around.:)

Looking forward to your vlog about your Abel and Cole box.

Yes jeans are not my friend right now and I agree re the linen trousers. I have wide calves. Being a bit curvier at the mo doesn't help but even when I was a small 12 I still had wide calves. Damn you genetics. I blame my dad. Regularly. Apparently I inherited that and one nostril that is shaped differently to the other. Something I DIDNT have a complex about for 34 years and now do. Cheers Pater.

So linen trousers are good because they are wide. Them and palazzo pants in jazzy summer colours.

Shorts are for next year. Or possibly the winter with tights if I get a wriggle on!

I'm thinking of going for a swim later. I won't have to go far. We have had so much rain I could pretty much do a couple of laps of our lawn.

Did everyone vote? We walked round to the polling place for some body magic :)

Oh I feel your pain re curvy calves, I have what my mother so delicately calls rugby players legs! Skinny jeans are a no no for me, I usually find straight jeans almost skinny so stick with them and pretend! I like my 3/4 leggings for summer, that and the long knee length jean shorts, only a wee bit of leg on show but you don't boil.

Not too much rain here in the west so had a wander next door to the polling place which is also where group is held, not really far enough to claim body magic :rolleyes:

Hope your mojo has returned from wherever it had been hiding and you have a good weekend xx

Back