Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

It'll be interesting to see how you get on at your WI with the Red days. I managed a one day trial (I'm so stuck in EE) but I was so hungry all day and the next few days after which surprised me. Could have been coincidence I suppose, but what it did do was make me think about cutting back on the pasta I eat. Since that day I now use a portion pot (from a previous diet) to measure my pasta and try to be consistent about what I'm shovelling in. Love, love, love carbs :)

I don't think it will impact this week as I introduced them a little to late on to judge properly. I'm always so last minute.com with things. Plus I'm a touch hormonal and because of my implant can never quite tell if its water retention although my fingers feel a little puffy. I'm expecting a STS this week but will maybe introduce red weekends or something so that I have some consistency. Plus the bonus there is the extra HEXB could make for some lovely weekend treat style lunches!! Mmmm.

I don't think I could do it all week after the flexibility of EE as I would miss my actifry chips (god only knows how I would measure a portion of those because you are supposed to measure raw weight and I cook a batch of these for everyone) so I'm thinking ee for weekdays and red at weekends when I have more time to think about what I am doing!

Well I was right and it was an STS so the red days didn't make much difference this week (unless I was actually due a gain :s) but I'm still planning to have them at weekends to see if over time it regulates my losses like before Christmas when it was so steady. Slow and steady wins the race.... :)

Well an STS isn't too bad, as you say, slow & steady wins the race. I used to do a 'day-about' - ie; red one day, green the next. I found it mixed up my meals nicely. I was never hungry on red, and it's very useful for a carvery, or eating out as it can usually be managed in restaurants. I used to try to do a red either on WI day (I Wi at that time in the evening) as there was a theory that you lost water on red days & therefore maximised weight loss potential!

I would agree that it's too soon to decide whether Red days are having an impact - I think you need to allow several weeks and see the bigger picture. From what you say, the STS could be an achievement for this week!

You've put some thought into how you work the plan so I'm sure you'll succeed, particularly as you can see the difference in yourself.

Well done on maintaining your weight Sam!!! (so much better then S-ingTS!)

You've done really well to acheive that what with hormonal hormones. Your own, and those that have been planted into your arm!

Hurrah for maintains!!! xxx

Well done on maintaining and giving red days a go. You've inspired me to try them again as my weight loss has stalled. However, when I used to do red days I found I didn't get big losses but consistently lost 1- 1.5lbs a week. At the moment I'll take that :)

STS is ok in my book, certainly better than a gain! I bet you'll have a good loss next week. Hormones always played havoc with the WI week I found, but I think my * week has gone for good - good riddance!

Hey Sam, you ok?
Hope you're having a nice weekend :) xxx

Hiya Sam!
Saw that you updated on Daz's spreadsheet and was glad to see you're about.
How you feeling?

Kimberley xxx

I'm back.

I went for a bit. Thanks for the messages xx

I can't do it alone. The membership lapsed...so did I. I have to go back and carry it on. It's what works for me. I'm going to suck up any gain and renew my online membership and get back on the SW horse/bike. If I'm not paying there is nothing to waste. Now there will be and I can ill afford to waste the money!!!

I'm back.

I went for a bit. Thanks for the messages xx

I can't do it alone. The membership lapsed...so did I. I have to go back and carry it on. It's what works for me. I'm going to suck up any gain and renew my online membership and get back on the SW horse/bike. If I'm not paying there is nothing to waste. Now there will be and I can ill afford to waste the money!!!

Would you go to group? I've always been mortified at the thought but I'm actually goin to my first one on Saturday. Hope you're ok xx

I thought about it but there aren't any convenient meetings locally as I often work evenings so I'm going to re activate my online membership. I have made a new WWASPE and I'm going to re-re-discover my mojo. It's teasing me. It comes, it goes. Its a flighty beast but I will nail it.

Would love to hear how group works for you?!

Its my dads 60th tomorrow so it's been a weekend of indulgence. Well no more. N.O.M.O.R.E.

X

I'm actually looking forward to it, never in a million years did I ever think I'd say I'm goin to a diet group.

You've done it before, you can do it again. 'Normal' people have time off+don't beat themselves up so don't be too hard on yourself. We're your support network so make sure you log on :)

Oh I'll be here. I need you guys!! X

Back