Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

Thanks patty. :) My idea is to cut down my carbs as I am over reliant and just to jazz it up a little bit I found the downloadable sheets and have them on my kindle and get the hex thing but am finding syns a little difficult to fathom with things like quorn.
Plus I have the idea of pastrami on rye for lunch in my head. Mmmmmm

Quorn is the same syn value on either day as it is fungi based. I always found myself hungry on red days but love green days as I fill up and get 2a and bs. Each to their own though. Good luck!

I'm with you.

Quorn is still free on Red and the basic Quorn products have the same Syns on all plans so the sausages are still 1 Syn (unless they're the original ones which Sainsbury's is now selling - they are free). Where the values differ is on ready meals - the curry and rice meals or cottage pie meals have more Syns on Red because of the rice/potato.

You may find it useful to purchase a copy of the Food Directory before you leave - I did and although I'm still using last year's I don't regret spending the money. But you are probably better organised than I am and already have the Syns listed somewhere,

Quorn is the same syn value on either day as it is fungi based. I always found myself hungry on red days but love green days as I fill up and get 2a and bs. Each to their own though. Good luck!

I was advised not to use Quorn products as a substitute for meat on a red day for this very reason. Obviously, if you are a veggie then you have no choice, but the Red plan needs the animal protein to fill you up. However, I don't think using Quorn sausages matters because you're Synning them!

Ahhh of course. I have the directory from when I bought my online package and the syns are in there in different colours aren't they!! I'm such a numpty and you just said the magic words!

I don't eat ready meals at all, literally the only processed foods I have are quorn sausages and ham and with ham being free that makes it easier to understand.

Ok ok I think I'm all set to give it a whirl and get my head around it. Xxx

My subscription runs out today. I've been wanting to give red days a whirl aswell but need to get my head around it properly first. Good luck xx

I am doing a few as a tester first to see how the extra restrictions work for me. So far so good. Ill struggle to have 2 A hex but 2 B is two slices of rye bread for my lunch. Perfect. I'll see how I get on and check back in :)

Please do, I've been looking into it but need to get my head around it more before I start, may try one this week and see how I get on xx

Morning Sam!
So pleased to hear the looking in the mirror and liking what you see.
Let some of those good vibes come to all of us this week.
Good luck with your red days (coughDUKANcough) lol!!! :p
xxxx

Morning Sam!
So pleased to hear the looking in the mirror and liking what you see.
Let some of those good vibes come to all of us this week.
Good luck with your red days (coughDUKANcough) lol!!! :p
xxxx

Yes I realise the similarities haha although it's the extra hex I'm after. I just had two rounds of beef and gherkin with mustard and mayo sangers for the princely sum of 1 syn. They were AMAZING. Don't get that on Dukan!! ;) that's all cottage cheese and seafood sticks. X

Please do, I've been looking into it but need to get my head around it more before I start, may try one this week and see how I get on xx
That's my thoughts. Do today and maybe tomorrow to see how it goes. So far so good :) x

Saturday 1st Feb

"Ch...Ch...ch...changes...."

I'm channelling David Bowie. Or I would be were he not still with us traversing this mortal plain we call life. I've had a slow but important epiphany (note to self, can an epiphany, by definition, be slow?) in that I look different. I stand different. I am more confident, and for the first time in I can't even remember I like what I see in the mirror. I have stopped fighting my natural hair, I have lost weight and I have finally conquered liquid eyeliner (well most of the time). The other day I intimidated a TA at work purely by being nice to him and giving him a big smile. He dithered, and during our conversation fiddled with everything he could get his hands on (easy...) including opening and shutting the same locker door about 30 times. I did that. I ordered some new funky glasses today. I don't wear them much but I want new ones, trendy ones.

Am I getting vain or have I ugly-duckling-ed into my 30s? I'm not done with SW yet. I have about 2 stone to go realistically but I now get why I have embarked upon this. It's amazing. :)

Great news - go you! Well done, learning to love yourself can be a huge battle - this is good!

Ok so I've done 2 red days. It's been nice having the extra HEXB but I struggle to have my hexA, even one of them, with the types of food it have been eating on these days. Another hot choc with skimmed milk tonight so I get the one in. I could do these red days as an addition to EE quite easily I think. The extra restrictions are fairly simple and the extra hex a bonus. I'm thinking maybe 2 a week or something similar.

Today i had

breakfast
mushroom, red onion and ham omelette

lunch
same as yesterday using both hex b and 1syn

dinner
chicken breast, half a roasted butternut squash (dense enough to replace potato) and a load of broccoli, carrots and cauli with gravy at 3syns

Later I will have an Aldi groovy bar for 6 gorgeous syns or a green and blacks hot choc with my hexA and 4 syns

i suppose I could have the groovy bar and a hot MILK mmmmmm two birds and all that.

Haha the name is awful but they taste AMAZING mmmmmm

I think your menus look fine for a red day, but do make sure you work at least one HExA in. I usually have 1 and a bit, but then I tend to have something like porridge (HExB1) made with unsweetened almond milk which is only a tiny proportion of an A choice, so I may still have a whole A choice of cheese. (I rarely use a B choice for breakfast on an EE day).

Looking at your menu, I might have added some cheese to my omelette, or I might have made a BBQ-type sauce for my chicken breast and sprinkled some cheese over that. Sometimes I'll make a meat sandwich and spread Philly on the bread - you might rather from this that I may split the HExA into 'bits' to use it across the day. Another tip - use full fat cheese as there's less to use + it melts better! Babybells are also useful to curb any hunger pangs

Try to think as your A choice as essential and not as an extra nuisance to be worked into the day! Remember that calcium is not only good for your bones etc but it also helps weight loss.

Sorry - reading the above back, I realise it sounds very 'preachy'; it's not meant to be!

Oh I'm having it but when I do red days its likely to be the one HexA rather than two which I understand to be acceptable. I just can't make myself eat for the sake of it now. Maybe it's something to do with the hypnotherapy I had but I seem to shy away from doing so. I've cut out milk in tea a long time ago and only drink green or herbal so I've had a milky drink of an evening many a time to use up one and some syns. If I wanted it or a recipe called for it id use it. I did think about putting cheese on my omelette but I have a thing about cheese with egg. Just feels a bit wrong haha.

Back to EE today anyway....wi tomorrow which I suspect will be an STS due to hormonal fluctuation. I'll see how a couple of red days impacts next week too. Thanks everyone, I feel better knowing that I get the concept! :)

Back