Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

Yay! Way to go Sam - wear it with pride.

Friday 20th Dec

Parade: Rained on

So I'm at work. It's the last day of term and I came into the staffroom full of the joys of Christmas and last day of term-ness and everyone is being sooooo boring. Maybe I still retain a certain element of the student delight in the last day of the winter term and DVD heaven but still, come on!! Everyone is sitting around, talking about work. Professionalism smoneshialism its blimmin CHRISTMAS! I don't have to see my year tens for 2 whole weeks (and a bit) after today. What's not to love??!

Ha ha, I have meetings until 5pm - right through. No sign of last-day merriment at all! And i have to say I'm driving some of this also..... Ho ho ho.

Yeah I suppose some alcohol would be frowned upon in THOSE circumstances. :)

Friday 20th Dec

J esus

Some people are SO literal. I have made some very tongue in cheek comments in my time on here thus far and there is one member who insists on reading them so literally and picking me up on what I'm saying as if I am DEADLY serious. I feel I have just had my wrists slapped for caring what I wear on Christmas Day when apparently its a time for J esus. I mean j esuschristalmighty lighten up!! Yeah that's right. Check the blasphemy.

I respect everyone's right to what they believe in but I can't stand being indirectly told off like that. Grrr.

I too respect everyone's right to believe whatever they wish .... just as long as they equally respect MY right not to either believe it or to have their views shoved down my throat :)

I too respect everyone's right to believe whatever they wish .... just as long as they equally respect MY right not to either believe it or to have their views shoved down my throat :)

Precisely. Your comeback was sheer perfection. No one can argue THAT!! :)

I decided to go syn free today to buffer the asda pick your own pizza (and garlic bread) I had last night to celebrate the end of a very difficult term (oops but better than a takeaway!!)

so instead of my usual actifry chips I made spicy vegetable rice and it was ah-mazing. Totally syn free and tasted so good. Why have I not done this before???
image.jpg

Sunday 22nd Dec

Yes folks you read that right!

22nd Dec! Where has this month....nay this YEAR gone? Everyone said "once you have a kid time speeds up"....and I was like all "blah blah blah but you get to buy more clothes and eat more blah blah blah". They were right. 2013 has passed in a Usain Bolt style blur (I imagine to world to him is much like looking out of a train window for us, a non stopping service. Also I wonder, does he run to the shops? You know, just because he can?).

I digress slightly. Anyway, 2013 has all but gone. Some good, some bad. My childhood was destroyed with the revelations about Rolf Harris and I found you guys on here and lost 3st.

Funny my how things change. I want 2014 to be the year of the size 12. It's that lesser known Chinese New Year that's celebrated once in my adult life. Bring it on.

Monday 23rd Dec

Christmas Food Shop Today

Argh!! Nuff said

Hope the Christmas food shop went OK and without too many syns hurling themselves heedlessly into the trolley ;) It's my turn to brave the supermarket tonight after work and WI ... Uggghhhh :(

Still - It's Christmas Eve,Eve!! ... "only 2 more sleeps until Santa!" as my Grandson phoned me to tell me at stupid o'clock this morning :D

Actually it was fairly painless. Aldi AND sainsburys in under an hour. Get in!! We are hosting Boxing Day so there are goodies but ONLY for that day and Christmas day itself. We certainly didn't go stupid. I am having those two days to have what I want, without being a pig about it. I have made sure that there isn't too much that we end up with leftovers on 27th!!

good luck with yours. I have a real sense of relief that it's over :)

Loving the diary. I never understood the smoothies thing, unless you're eating them lots. New extra easy is far more like normal eating than green/red days though, so I definitely prefer it.

My youngest is three so I can totally relate! A is hideously whiny at the moment and driving us mad. And I'm stuck at home with her and her big sis R today.

And wow! 13st (something), that's brilliant! You must feel great. I started at a similar place and my aim is to be overweight!

I know I was amazed when we walked straight to a till in sainsburys. It was only little bits and it was a fast track till but still!!

and licorecet, 3 is definitely the age of the whinge. We have flashes of the terrible twos (which never happened at two) at 3, blimmin nightmare at times but she has very much got in the Christmas spirit recently and is very excited. Too excited to whinge too much haha

I made a new WWASPE bracelet today as my old one was getting tatty from constant wear. I thought now would be the time, if ever I needed it. I have refined my technique and added some little silver balls as embellishment. I shall be using it to keep me on the straight and narrow during this tumultuous food frenzy

image.jpg

Back