Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

There is only so much you can say. I just can't bear people judging others and paraphrasing what you say to have a dig. Maybe its the sleeping lawyer in me but I have never shied away from championing the underdog. People who give sob stories as a precursor to their judgemental comments so that we don't feel we can argue with them....well I just don't get it. Not do I adhere to social diktats in that way.

Michelle your comment about being a target freebie was a stumper. Haha. Brilliant!

I have just looked and can't believe its still chuntering away. It's revealed a lot about social expectations and judgements of others if you ask me (and I know no-one did)

Surely the whole thing is a little like starting a comment with "I'm not racist/sexist/homophobic but...." Then being *gasp* shocked when people argue back. The smell of self justification on there at the moment is palpable! ;)

I have just looked and can't believe its still chuntering away. It's revealed a lot about social expectations and judgements of others if you ask me (and I know no-one did)

Surely the whole thing is a little like starting a comment with "I'm not racist/sexist/homophobic but...." Then being *gasp* shocked when people argue back. The smell of self justification on there at the moment is palpable! ;)

What's I missed Sam ? x

What's I missed Sam ? x

Hi paul

where've you been?! How's it going?

Oh there is a link called 'unpaid SW consultants' on the main thread. I got involved and then got bored. Have a read. It's pretty funny! X

Hi paul

where've you been?! How's it going?

Oh there is a link called 'unpaid SW consultants' on the main thread. I got involved and then got bored. Have a read. It's pretty funny! X

Oh just work work work at the moment and if not down the garage sorting a winter project Lambretta out.... Still getting rid of 1 maybe 2lbs a week though... which is good :) x
I'll check out the thread later after rugby, hope your keeping well xx

Saturday 22nd March

A Girl called Jack

This book has just entered my cook book hall of fame. Seriously. The woman is a legend and not just for her stance on poverty and her tireless dedication to the cause. I read the opening introduction with some really familiar feelings flitting around. Cutting back, cutting down, austerity measures. Ok we are not in the same situation that Jack and her son found themselves but, as a family, like all others, we feel the pinch.

As a newly converted Veggie, I am ceaselessly looking for slimming world friendly meals that won't add additional cost to our shopping bill. Although Jack's book isn't vegetarian a vast majority of the meals are veggie and vegan friendly with whole chapters devoted to beans and pulses, another to veg and one each to pasta and rice. The non-veggie recipes could easily be adapted to suit.

I made the veggie curry today but tweaked it to make it totally free and cooked it in my slow cooker to make it even easier. It was amazing with brown rice and it made enough that I popped three further portions in freezer bags for later in the week. Roughy 40p a portion. Can't say fairer than that! And people reckon slimming world is expensive. Pah... ;)

Saturday 22nd March

A Girl called Jack

This book has just entered my cook book hall of fame. Seriously. The woman is a legend and not just for her stance on poverty and her tireless dedication to the cause. I read the opening introduction with some really familiar feelings flitting around. Cutting back, cutting down, austerity measures. Ok we are not in the same situation that Jack and her son found themselves but, as a family, like all others, we feel the pinch.

As a newly converted Veggie, I am ceaselessly looking for slimming world friendly meals that won't add additional cost to our shopping bill. Although Jack's book isn't vegetarian a vast majority of the meals are veggie and vegan friendly with whole chapters devoted to beans and pulses, another to veg and one each to pasta and rice. The non-veggie recipes could easily be adapted to suit.

I made the veggie curry today but tweaked it to make it totally free and cooked it in my slow cooker to make it even easier. It was amazing with brown rice and it made enough that I popped three further portions in freezer bags for later in the week. Roughy 40p a portion. Can't say fairer than that! And people reckon slimming world is expensive. Pah... ;)

I am a huge Jack Monroe fan for many, many reasons :D. And her recipes are indeed awesome (and easy to prepare - no fancy equipment needed and no fannying around). I've done a few of her recipes and they have all been lovely

I made the carrot and kidney bean burgers. Yummy in some warburtons thins (synned of course) with ketchup. I can see this book being used A LOT!!

Another Jack Monroe fan here. Keep an eye on her blog for further recipes.

I made the Not-a-Moroccan tagine last weekend, slightly tweaking the recipe to use a full HExB of prunes and also adding a HExB of apricots so that one portion gives a 1/2 HExB. I was sufficiently anal about accuracy to spend time trying to find a number of prunes/apricots which was divisible by four and then counting them out into each serving! Boy - I've got this SW thing baaaad!

Think I may have to get it from the library it does sound good. She's a great writer although it's sad to hear about people struggling.

It is very worth getting if you can track it down. I tried my library's online catalogue but it wasn't available. I reckon it will pay for itself pretty speedily. Sainsburys have it for £6 at the mo too.

Monday 24th March

A confession

I ate a pizza. A whole one. With garlic bread. It was a celebration pizza so all in a good cause. Plus being veggie now meant no fatty meats like pepperoni or chorizo on top. That's my reasoning and I'm sticking to it your honour. Moving on now..... ;)

Monday 24th March

A confession

I ate a pizza. A whole one. With garlic bread. It was a celebration pizza so all in a good cause. Plus being veggie now meant no fatty meats like pepperoni or chorizo on top. That's my reasoning and I'm sticking to it your honour. Moving on now..... ;)

Ooohhh sounds lush Sam xx

Yeah it SO was! Probably bugger me up for weigh in on wed on sheer volume alone but I'm eating light today and what's one meal in the scheme of things. It's been weeks since I had anything remotely naughty, partic with the lent challenge still going strong!

Yeah it SO was! Probably bugger me up for weigh in on wed on sheer volume alone but I'm eating light today and what's one meal in the scheme of things. It's been weeks since I had anything remotely naughty, partic with the lent challenge still going strong!

:)

Actually to be fair he garlic bread wasn't all that. Aldi make the best one and its 60p for two baguettes!

We have no Aldi in N.Ireland, it is soul destroying!

Funnily enough, Aldi is one thing we do get over here! However, I will not go & get garlic bread - this would be a very slippery slope.

Some people on minimins swear by a weight watchers baguette which is a HEX B or something, which can be made into garlic bread. I have no idea, as WW baguettes we don't get over here! It may be an almost innocent option though?

Back